Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Had 15" in Davis since last Tuesday. 4 excellent days, my legs are fried.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	%u0025255BUNSET%u0025255D.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	149258

Views:	103 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	149259
    Last edited by scottyb; 01-26-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Wow, really screwy forecast, looks like there will be a window of opportunity somewhere.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...7#.Uu4rlvumMVA
    watch out for snakes

They're saying that we may see 4-6 inches here in Leesburg tonight into tomorrow. I can't remember the last winter in this area that had so many snow events. I mean, obviously "Snowmageddon" dumped a lot of snow a few years back, but we've already had 4 or 5 inch-or-more snowfalls this winter, and we've barely begun February.

Of course, I'm not able to make use of any of it, thanks to work schedules and the like, but it's at least a wintry winter for a change.

Winter storm warnings 48hrs in advance............seriously. This is sure to be a dud.
    But just encase this may be ready with a big storm.

Since I will be at work it will probably dump.

Did get laps in at Tline Fri/Sat with better than expected conditions. Super fast.
    watch out for snakes

Ut-oh. Call is now for 12"-23" straight up the Doah valley. Sounds like it will be heavy wet stuff. Not good.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    When conditions are in I would be up for a meet up in the CV. I'm on call to get 'sick' when it merits on a week day. Also consider blue knob pa when they have snow. Crazy terrain for the region when they go off.
    Agree re: Blue Knob. They have a "bowl" and decent vert. drop. Top side parking is nice. I've gotten fall down drunk in the lodge w/o getting cut off. They seem to catch a decent amount of snowfall. Interesting drive if executed safely.

6am, snow keeps falling, 1' now and still dumping, stuck at work with a raging right winger.

If you can get to Mnut. Deerbutt will probably close if too much snow, they done this before. Liberty/Round Top should be good too. Have fun.

Takin one for the team.

I can officially say its "nukin".
    Last edited by scottyb; 02-13-2014 at 05:34 AM.
    watch out for snakes

anymore beta? Worth coming down "sick" tomorrow? Looks good from here! (desk)
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

Well the queen city, Charlotte go nuked by southern standards. Good solid 9 plus inches with 1/2-3/4" of ice last night capped off by more snow today. We also got 1-2" on Tuesday. Thats 3 straight days of snow. Quite rare for NC. Been working from home on a last minute deal for work, so no powder flu and the one trip I took this morning the roads were awful. So may have get leftovers with the hoards this Saturday. Either locally in NC or Snowshoe

20" in Fredneck. Turned to lite rain for a couple hrs now back yo snow. Finally get to go home to dig in at midnight.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums
    watch out for snakes

A solid 14-18" at Winterplace today, 2-4 more inches if you head SE. Managed to trigger a windslab today on the hill as well . 14" tall 50' wide crown that ran into the trees. Not much vertical for anything major to happen, but a nice reminder that new snow on top of an old crust is sketchy even in WV.

So it looks like blue knob got hit pretty hard, they are saying 2 feet already with at least another 6 inches tonight. Thinking about leaving Columbus in the a.m. does that place hold the goods? Any info on road conditions/ski conditions?
    Last edited by other1; 02-14-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

Char char sez he is ready.

Views:	101 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	150676
    watch out for snakes

blue knob was the first place i skied pow - back in the 70's. also known as blue ice!!!

TLine was pretty sweet yesteday, bounced off several logs in the woods there isn't a very deep base, It was a pretty sweet day though.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Anyone ski Pharis Knob lately? How's the base?

I have not been in there this year, the owner is setting up a sugar camp now and some of the glade skiing is literally "hosed".

That said I know some folks were in there couple weeks back and it looked good from the pics he sent.

CV got way depleted in that last rain/warmup, the trees were hanging on to a 6" or so congealed base. Guessing the same is true at Pharris. A good dump and it should be in.
    watch out for snakes

Thinking about taking the gf to Snowshoe next weekend... 2 questions:

1) Good place to take a chica who doesn't charge and wants good apres? (...and I quote: "there's more to a ski weekend than just skiing". Unfortunately I don't think she meant sex...)

2) How's it skiing? Recovered from the bake off?

Grassy asses amigos.

Edit: a) we're not spring chickens so factor that into your definition of apres. & b) I been around for a while so don't even bother asking for pics of said non charging gf... nekkid or otherwise. :-)
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Your good. There are a multitude of groomers to choose from and Silver Crack is nearby too. You may want to hit up Cupp run for the best vert. There are bars, restaurants and shops to fiddle around in. I believe they have got snow since the last warmup.

Have fun, take pics?

Edit to add there looks to be a good dump coming of up to a foot Sunday night/Monday/Tues. Could be more at Blowshoe.

Last edited by scottyb; 03-02-2014 at 05:48 AM.
    watch out for snakes

I am pulling the plug on this one, fk work. Gonna head up Monday for pow, extra food in the cat bowl.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Edit to add there looks to be a good dump coming of up to a foot Sunday night/Monday/Tues. Could be more at Blowshoe.
    Site only reported 6" last night. Should be enough the freshen things up but I'm guessing the bc is baked?

Regardless I'll be at the shoe Friday - Sunday. If anyone wants to make some turns or grab a beer or two, shoot me a PM.

I'm hoping Thursday dusting turns out to be a dump.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."

Yeah, we did not getas much as was forecasted. Still a fresh up on good base. Groomers were nice and fast. Elk river touring can give you scoop on BC at blowshoe

watch out for snakes

Ive been there the last few days .Super fun storm day Monday. Then the sun came out on Tues. Usually only come up to SS midweek . I recommend that you hang out on the Western Territory side after hitting a few of the basin side runs until about 9:30 AM , it will be a little less crowded over there this weekend.Prepare for crowds though they sold a bunch of the cheap passes

If you like bumps this is what Shays looked like yesterday on Tuesday 3/04. The snowboarder who took the pic liked the crystalized powder turns up against the tree line better than the bumps though.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by highway12; 03-05-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Yeah, heard about the college break theme for this next weekend... can't be helped as it's the only window of opportunity available... besides, this is about time with the chica not charging or bc powder hunting. Standing in line will provide convenient flask time.

Ps, how tough is the western terrified? GF is not a strong skier and prefers blues over blacks... I'm thinking that may not be the place to take her? Oh yeah, bumps? No thanks.