Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Well, whitetail was really freaking crowded as expected.
    www.skiwisp.com
    Home sweet home.

Liberty was surprisingly uncrowded until around 11. They had Lower Strata au naturale, which was nice, but there are definitely rocks lurking (same was true of White Lightning, which I think they closed later on). There were also a number of people poaching liftlines, which didn't seem to make Ski Patrol too happy at first, but they kinda seemed to give up on enforcing it.

The snow actually allowed them to open up 100% of the trails for the morning, even though the terrain parks weren't fully ready yet. I was surprised to see that Whitetail didn't push much new terrain online today, which made me glad I'd ended up at Liberty instead...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinGuitar08 View Post
    Well, whitetail was really freaking crowded as expected.

What did you expect? There is not enough $$$$ in the world for me to go near that place on a weekend. My buddies on SP there earn their greenstamps!

Heading that way today(Monday).
    watch out for snakes

im not good skiing downhil on skinny xc gear , but if you can do this stuff on nnnbc xc gear and ski pow like these boys you have arrived!
    more from whitegrass...

I earned some fresh pow turns Saturday at the local high school while my driver dug out his truck and then skied at whitetail Sunday. I met one guy from here eying my BRO's in the ski rack. I think he said his alias was Goose?

Whitetail thursday
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Tipp doesn't ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

couple of grey WhiteGrass pics, skiing in a cloud pretty much all day, no action shots, was solo....been waiting for years for it to happen again, front face of Baldy is filled in! Was knee deep with pockets of more...

carried the GPS for shits n giggles, have always been curious about tour numbers:
    10.6mile covered, 7:30ish elapsed, 22.9max spd, 2.8 moving avg avg, 6238 feet of ascent.

sweet GPS! thats a badass mountain nestled in between 2 downhill resorts aint it! east coast backcountry at its finest!

wish Whitegrass was closer to Philly. sad banana.

That is a pretty cool GPS map, I went to Deerbutt Monday. Thinking most folks back to work and school, boy was I wrong. I did get some much needed exercise and skied with some friends. Had to pull the rip cord around 2ish as all schools were out for xmas break and the federal workers were off for the day.
    watch out for snakes

Hell...if there's going to be a Mid-Atlantic rollcall thread, why not just keep bumping it for the season to meet up with other mags.

Anyone interested in skiing Whitetail or Liberty tomorrow night? I'll drive, but I can't escape work until 3:30 or so.
    Last edited by Southeast Maggot; 12-22-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Whitetail Thursday. Who's in?
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Whitetail Thursday. Who's in?
    I could be. I'll get into DC Wednesday night and just have to make sure I can extricate myself from family.

May do Whitetail X-mas day. It might rain a bunch too.

Alright campers. I'll be at Whitetail tomorrow(today Dec. 24), probably for a 4 hour deal late morning - mid afternoon.

Red Jacket, grey pants, grey helmet. Blue and orange Volkl Snow Wolfs with NAXO's and red G-Ride boots. Carrying 5 pennies.

G

RT for me today, looks like they're opening Gunbarrel, pure PA gnar.

Damn Midlantic Mags, if you want a role call you got to keep this alive.
    I hit Whitetail today for the first time in 12 years. I've never seen the whole place open. I skied the trees no less. It was more comedy with 2 parts bushwacking, but it was the principle.

Sunday morning I'm visiting Ski Liberty for my first visit in a decade. It's 100% open (has that EVER happened?) Last stop before I head back north.

Same description as before:
    Red Jacket, grey pants, grey helmet. Blue and orange Volkl Snow Wolfs with NAXO's and red G-Ride boots. Carrying 5 pennies.

gmd, ms. shred and I will be at Liberty on Monday, and then 2 or 3 days a week throughout the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by tomicogs View Post
    RT for me today, looks like they're opening Gunbarrel, pure PA gnar.
    fuck gunbarrel was the scariest thing when i was 5 years old, exhibition was pretty scary too lol. goood ol Rockytop

welll, they didn't open it until after lunch, when they turned off the guns, and then just the bottom, no headwall. Fun cruddy soft snow to play in though, good times until the light got flat around 2ish.

oh yeah, usually Yellow jacket, gray pants, on tele.

Ski Sno mtn. Fuck Elk. Hit Camelback, Jack Frost BB and Shawnee. Fuck Elk mtn. They suck
    Take a sniff. Pull it out... The taste is gunna move ya when ya pop it in your mouth!

Hey Shreds, sorry I'll miss you guys at Liberty. I hope this rain doesn't ice things up too much for Sunday.

I've gone touring a couple of times in the last two days from My parents house up and down the powerline right of way in suburban MoCo. Wasn't really downhill - I never took my skins off or locked my heels, but crazy sensation to be able to do that here (in soft snow and never strike bottom)

I was thinking as I drove past this on my way to Whitetail the other day... What might be the sickest descent around MoCo MD (if even possible?) next time there is a serious dump:

Travilah Rd Quarry in North Potomac

deerbutt vid

ski area vid, kind of a test for using the chest harness on the new HD Gopro, much easier to manipulate the camera than the usual helmet mount. This was filmed Monday after the big dump

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/8393590"]DB chest cam test on Vimeo[/ame]
    watch out for snakes

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/8553418"]Skiing at Pharris Knob on Vimeo[/ame]
    watch out for snakes