Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    When you want to know how much snow has fallen and what the natural base depth is in the CV this is the source: http://data.canaanmtnsnow.com

i was supposed to be at tline for nye but didnt. went to white tail on nye and conditions were terrible. still fun to get out there an ski, lines werent that bad, but half of each run was pure grass from where the snowblowers were not hitting it. Had one mogul run that was fun to rip. dry county made it tough for apres ski but oh well.

trying to get to tline soon. How to you like your on3ps? I ordered some Jeffries about 3 weeks ago that should be here in 3 more weeks. Have fks 180s waiting to mount for them. there a little wide, but i like the shape and twin tips. they will be my EC ski and Jay tree ski at 186 (or 188 i think).

we should pick a weekend and see if we can get some mags to head to tline. how r the prices? white tails is absurd at 60 for 4hr and 65 for 8 hour.

Tline while pricey by my standards is still cheaper. Canaan is the real deal, bring can goods for $15 lift tickets(Mondays?) plus there are other discounts each day of the week, check their website. Example on a snow event if school is off you can get half day for $16ish. The vert and terrian is different than Tline but Canaan gets "rotor" on a pow day go to Canaan.

Keep an eye on the conditions and what they have open. If Canaan figures out the new snow making system they could be in good shape soon too.

I really like the Tycoons, I have three different ON3P skis and they never fail to astound me.
    watch out for snakes

When conditions are in I would be up for a meet up in the CV. I'm on call to get 'sick' when it merits on a week day. Also consider blue knob pa when they have snow. Crazy terrain for the region when they go off.

^^^ another great source!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Tline while pricey by my standards is still cheaper. Canaan is the real deal, bring can goods for $15 lift tickets(Mondays?) plus there are other discounts each day of the week, check their website. Example on a snow event if school is off you can get half day for $16ish. The vert and terrian is different than Tline but Canaan gets "rotor" on a pow day go to Canaan.

Keep an eye on the conditions and what they have open. If Canaan figures out the new snow making system they could be in good shape soon too.

I really like the Tycoons, I have three different ON3P skis and they never fail to astound me.
    How do you know a guys a magot? He has 6 pairs of skis and hates to pay for lift tickets.

So after the extreme cold of the past few days in NC, I thought about heading up to snowshoe for a saturday/Sunday trip. Now it looks like it will be mid 40's with nightime temps above freezing and rain both days. lovely. I guess I'll stay home and watch the panthers/49's game instead. Is this forecast correct at this point?

So far that is what they are calling for, get out Wed/Thurs if ucan.
    watch out for snakes

Thinking about roundtop tomorrow. Heading up from the Annapolis area. Men's day $40 tickets. About twice what it should be, but what can ya do.

work is going to make it impossible for wednesday/Thursday. I am a cubicle jockey and this season while just beginning is maddening. i see temps as high at upper sixties for next monday. Sad part is, is that with the law of averages, this month may wind up below average in temps. It just may be half days at 0 and the other half at 50 for an average of 25. Keeps killing the non-existent snowpack. i have touring gear ready to go but need the weekends to line up for skiing with my kiddos. Hoping we get into somewhat normal pattern for a while.

Had another couple fun days at Tline, Thursday was still cold and a couple inches of fluffy on top of the deep freeze base. There was even good base and snow in some of the glades which we proceeded to carve like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Friday it had rained a bit over night and then drizzled most of the morning, got the usual late start and by crack o noon it had stopped precip and warmed to 45F. The skiing was pretty good, nearly hero snow most every where. Another gosh darn good day sliding and moar gladey runs were had. Legs tired, home to homebrew and hot tub.
    Last edited by scottyb; 01-12-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Ughhhh looks like the off-piste has returned to brown ground and will be starting over from zero, again. Please have pity on us!

Apparently more sacrifices to Ullr are needed.
    watch out for snakes

Not enough virgins to sacrifice.
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

Things seem to be turning around. Below freezing temps the next ten days with chances of snow six of those days.

Fingers crossed, good luck finding virgins around these parts.

Next weekend is looking pretty good.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums

Pittsburger nws just put out warning for 6-8" tues into wed.
    watch out for snakes

Upgraded to 6-10" with 12"+ at the usual suspects.

http://www.weatherstreet.com/states/...l-forecast.htm
    Last edited by scottyb; 01-20-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    watch out for snakes

The rope drop at 4848 was solid this morn . Med density slashing good time.Got colder after lunch and that good WV fluff started falling . Still coming down pretty good at 7 PM .
    Couple short clips. Had a lot more fun once I put that camera away and had my other arm free to really lay into some turns.

https://vimeo.com/user10750168

8" at my house near the Ferry(still snowing), seems like mtns got less as ski reports are showing 4".
    watch out for snakes

Anybody have any first-hand info on the expert terrain and off-piste at Blue Knob with the snow that's fallen since Friday?

Shot in the dark here. Anybody in Columbus up for a loooong day trip from Columbus to Blue Knob on Saturday? Did it twice solo last year. Leaving by 4:30 am ski all day and heading back. PM me.

Over a foot since Tuesday, 5"+ today and still puking in Davis.

FKNA!

watch out for snakes

Great news .Think there's enough coverage for a single planker to do some laps from Baldy down to the tubing area yet?

Pretty darn close, there was 0 base before so it might be thin on spots.
    Gettin better all the time.

watch out for snakes