Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Whitetail closed their resort today on the best conditions of the last 10+ years. They F'ing SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I hope you found out before arriving at the Clear Springs McDonald's, like I did.

No, we made it all the way to the resort to find out.

Edited to add; We spoke with a MD state road person, while helping to unstick some cars, that MD officals had contacted WT the night before and told them to close which they refused.
    Last edited by scottyb; 02-12-2010 at 08:53 AM.
    make every day count

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    No, we made it all the way to the resort to find out.
    We tried coming in from Mercersburg around 7:30 before the county had touched the road. Managed to high-center the Xterra, and only got it out after some digging and a friendly tow. Gave them a call, heard that they were opening at noon- sat around in Hagerstown until 10, at which point they announced the closure. The only thing that pisses me off is that they were not only advertising the "best conditions in 10 years" to get people to come out last night, they posted the Mercersburg route as the one to take. Sucks that I got up at 4 am for jack shit.

Well, kind of. I went to have lunch with my sister in Shepherdstown and managed to make something out of a failed day:

Last edited by Southeast Maggot; 02-11-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast Maggot View Post

backyard fkna

^^^^^^^^^^$$$$$

Blessing in disguise? Doubt you would've gotten a turn like that at WT, nice work.

Potomac river FTW.
    Lurking in the Dirty South!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Sugarloaf looks doable. TR to follow.
    So did you scope our Sugarloaf?

Quote Originally Posted by tomicogs View Post
    Blessing in disguise? Doubt you would've gotten a turn like that at WT, nice work.
    We ended up going to Liberty after finding out whitetail closed and I promise there was nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus Sr. View Post
    So did you scope our Sugarloaf?
    Only from aerial/topo maps. Some sort of horrible flu knocked me out of commission towards the end of the week. Unsure how good it would be, but there seems to be enough pitch if the underbrush insn't too horrible.

Holy terrain traps, Batman!
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Anybody going to be in the Timberline/Canaan area tomorrow and Monday? Snowshoe?

I'm driving somewhere in WV tomorrow morning, just not sure where.

Canaan skintrack stoke:

Bald knob a little crusty up top, but skiing really well:

Skies cleared up briefly. Meadowskipping:

At least 2-3 ft of settled snow, even in the meadow. Pretty incredible skiing for the midatlantic...

Nice way to get after it dude. We are heading to CV on Wed and prob Tline on Thurs.
    make every day count

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/9575639"]OMG on Vimeo[/ame]

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/9577572"]Canaan pow rippin on Vimeo[/ame]
    Last edited by scottyb; 02-19-2010 at 11:15 AM.
    make every day count

finished product

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/9583072"]Canaan Valley Powderfest on Vimeo[/ame]
    make every day count

Was at Whitetail yesterday... heavy/ wet snow, but good times nonetheless.. started to ice up when the sun was getting low in the sky. If anyone else was there, I was the one eating shit on Exibition all day... I still suck at bumps- one of these days I'll be able to make it down a run.

bumpity.... heading to Blue Knob tomorrow, will be my first time there.. supposedly they have the most challening terrain in PA... we'll see what that means. Decent elevation, decent vert (for this area) though, should be fun.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    hello mid-atlantic... looks like im visiting some family in DC for the holiday weekend and was wondering whats up with shenandoah? figured before i start the last minute research scramble id ask the locals to suggest the best areas to backpack sat, sun and mon approx 20-30 miles.
    do i just pop on the AT or is there better park trails? yeh, i know better is subjective but im asking for your opinions!
    plan to hit up campmor tonight to grab a book and some maps and what not so appreciate suggestions.
    tia.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Left work yesterday afternoon to go to Winterplace for a bit of a warmup for the season. Got there at 4:30 to find out that they aren't allowing nightskiing until next week. WTF Wish their website would be a little more blatant about the no night skiing until Christmas week.

It was like getting ready to go on a date with a fat chick that you know puts out, but once you get to the restaurant you find out that she's going to take your $12 in Tudor's toll biscuits and you're not getting any tonight. That is Winterplace, the fat chick that doesn't put out.

Nukin in Morgantown right now (well Nukin for this area)

Timberline this weekend should be good.

If you're in Elkins Friday night CHeck out the Highland Prospects Grand opening.
    All stunts performed without a net!

Prolly should've popped this in here for a little stoke.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/17863497"]Snowshoe, West Virginny 2010 on Vimeo[/ame]
    Silent....but shredly.

Awesome bump- last season was all-time, but lets see if we can keep this thread alive.

T-Line yesterday:

Any mags headed that direction this weekend? I'll probably be at T-line and/or Whitegrass. Would be good to ski with some folks, maybe get some people willing to photoslut...

will be at liberty or whitetail pretty much every day from saturday through mid jan

I'm heading up to Blue in the AM. Got close to an inch in Philly, maybe the Pokeys can get some tonite.
    Silent....but shredly.