Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    season isnt over yet. W. VA get any of this storm? It missed us in VA by a few miles. Heading up to Jay next Wed, hoping to catch the leftover scraps, not quite ready to transition to biking.

Quote Originally Posted by steezybomber View Post
    season isnt over yet. W. VA get any of this storm? It missed us in VA by a few miles. Heading up to Jay next Wed, hoping to catch the leftover scraps, not quite ready to transition to biking.
    I'm usually only down for a day or two skiing in temps above 40 degrees. Last weekend it was 58 when I got to my car at 2pm after lows in the 20s. Seems like pretty much every day this season was afternoon slush for me. Hoping next season goes better.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

CV looks kind of good this weekend, as usual I be workin.

Lot of phun still to be had at WG and or Blackwater Falls it seems
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm usually only down for a day or two skiing in temps above 40 degrees. Last weekend it was 58 when I got to my car at 2pm after lows in the 20s. Seems like pretty much every day this season was afternoon slush for me. Hoping next season goes better.
    agreed. I normally take a couple spring days. always fun to ski in snow pants and a t-shirt. drinking beers in the sun is an obvious plus, and pond skimming time can be fun. the temps have been all over the map. where did you ski last weekend? hoping to get a couple end of march days in.

last year my first and last day was on Easter in VT, just happy to be skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by steezybomber View Post
    agreed. I normally take a couple spring days. always fun to ski in snow pants and a t-shirt. drinking beers in the sun is an obvious plus, and pond skimming time can be fun. the temps have been all over the map. where did you ski last weekend? hoping to get a couple end of march days in.

last year my first and last day was on Easter in VT, just happy to be skiing.
    I usually start and end the season with a day at Appalachian. Try to get a day at each resort within 3 hours of home each season and one weekender farther up in PA or WV. Work only frees me up over Christmas for longer stuff and not willing to pay premium prices and fight crowds to travel west during peak holiday time. So, Mid Atlantic is where I roll when I roll these days. Been an active skier for over 40 years now so I've been around enough to be happy with a few runs at a small place a couple times a year now. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt a lot more all through my teens, 20s and 30s..

Canaan has had almost 20" in the last few days, gonna be up this weekend for one more go.

Git you sum.
    watch out for snakes

SnowShoe got double that. CVR's not opening back up. TL4S has limited terrain open.

Whoa. 68 inches in 8 days at SS? Unreal. Have fun!

watch out for snakes

got 11" storm total here in Scottyland
    watch out for snakes

you gotta give these people some props. We're talkin 60 inches of natural in a good year. Too bad they haven't bought out Tline. Yet. Was there 3-9 and was quite surprised.

http://cataloochee.com/the-mountain/snow-report/

This Season's Not Over Until We Say It's Over!

You heard that right! We are happy to say we have no firm closing date at this time and plan to ski and ride as long as we can! And even though today marks 119 fun-filled days this season, we have several more on the way for you to get those last turns in!
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    you gotta give these people some props. We're talkin 60 inches of natural in a good year. Too bad they haven't bought out Tline. Yet. Was there 3-9 and was quite surprised.

http://cataloochee.com/the-mountain/snow-report/
    Yet. Heard they made an offer a couple of years ago but Fast Freddie was too smart to take it. Seems he isn't done running the place into the ground. Yet.

Kicking off our season tomorrow. Heading up to Boone/Blowing Rock, NC to ski Appalachian.. Usually like to start small as a warm up day. Reminds me of Buck Hill Minnesota where I grew up. Probably head back next weekend for $5.00 lift ticket special. They do that every first weekend in December to celebrate their anniversary.

Looking at another day trip over Christmas break, something MLK weekend, and Laurel Mountain PA Feb 1st-3rd for the DC Ski/Pubski Mid Atlantic gathering. That's probably about it for this season.

Skied the Shoe on opening day 11/21, good packed powder and 40" base. Not crowded too much and a good selection of slopes open. Aspen Inc seems to be on it and doing a very good job thus far.

Great start for my lift served to add to a nice XC afternoon in my neighborhood already.

Hey Jimmy let's ski at the Shoe this season.

Keep those people straight at DCski.

The rain Saturday appears to have taken a heavy toll. Cover today was thin, temps warm, soft but not quite slush. We skied for an hour, took a break then skied another hour before fighting end of holiday weekend traffic to crawl back to Durham. Still totally worth 7 plus hours of driving to ski a few laps. Heading back next Sunday, $5.00 lift tickets all day Saturday and Sunday next weekend WOOT WOOT!

We'll go to the bigger places when conditions are better..

Saturday it rained like heck here in the WV eastern panhandle. I think the mtns to the west fared a bit better.

Rivers are cranking today.

Timberline has day passes for $89? What nonsense is this? Is there a new high-speed quad there? Canaan Valley's most expensive day doesn't even break $60.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Timberline has day passes for $89? What nonsense is this? Is there a new high-speed quad there? Canaan Valley's most expensive day doesn't even break $60.
    Interest on their "recapitalization" fund most be insane!

It is highly doubtful Tline will open at all this year. Many chickens coming home to roost there. They are under investigation and afaik the utilities are shut off to include the sewage treatment forcing home owners to boil water.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    It is highly doubtful Tline will open at all this year. Many chickens coming home to roost there. They are under investigation and afaik the utilities are shut off to include the sewage treatment forcing home owners to boil water.
    They just somehow managed to procure a cash infusion. Power is back on and guns are ready to blow. That said, I wouldn't put my kids on any of those dilapidated lifts. We've been there since the Thunderstruck collapse, but I highly doubt they'll take the time to properly load test these lifts in the big scramble to get open next weekend.

We're headed to little Appalachian tomorrow because they're having $5.00 lift tickets from 9-4. Supposed to rain in the morning so we will take our time and sleep in a little before the 3 hour drive there. Shooting to get there around 11am or so.

Blowshow is banging ahead and has increased the slopes and lifts open in style.

TL is bad mouthing everyone on line.

CVR has made whales of snow and will resume asap. They plan to be open by Dec 15 still.

WG Jackfrost party was another mudfest.

2-3" in Davis so far