Help with fks binders

Primarily the healpiece. I can't seem to get the spring back in. any suggestions?

Have you searched?!?! There is a massive thread about bending the brakes, and getting the spring back is probably the most discussed thing in that thread!

...and yeah, I'm too lazy to search for you!

hah, Ive searched, watched videos, and whatnot. Maybe the information is avoiding me (as it often does). Anyways, to anyone else that reads this, I have tried putting the spring in before the metal plate on the bottom, as well as after (with a hammer, of course).

It doesnt seem to want to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by acidophilus View Post
    hah, Ive searched, watched videos, and whatnot. Maybe the information is avoiding me (as it often does). Anyways, to anyone else that reads this, I have tried putting the spring in before the metal plate on the bottom, as well as after (with a hammer, of course).

It doesnt seem to want to go in.
    i did it like he did:
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2070168&postcount=167"]Teton Gravity Research Forums - View Single Post - P18 Wide Brakes Tutorial (with pictures!)[/ame]

not with a toothbrush but with the back of a small screwdriver. ~5 seconds

from my own experience: keep trying until your fingers bleed and/or you are so frustrated that you begin cursing the fact that you ever decided to try this in the first place. After about twenty or thirty more minutes of frustration, you'll get it.

My new method is easy as pie. Sandwich everything in there like it should be with the metal baseplate not attached, flip it upside down, and push it down with your fingers and slide it into place under the tabs. it's really easy and shouldn't require any struggle at all.

should be easier than you describe-make sure nothing's bent and set it in the right direction (without the metal on) Use the right size nut driver that almost captures the center of the spring coil and should push (pop) in pretty easy.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Just an FYI, I had no problems doing it
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Easiest way is to put it in afterwards as said above. I found a fat marker pen about half an inch in diameter with two flat ends the best tool, line it up an hit it hard once, don't try to tap it in gradually. A half inch wooden rod would work well.