Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Binding Insert Group Purchase II

Find the information on the original [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173708"]here[/ame]. The installation tutorial [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=2752851&postcount=130"]here.[/ame]And a pretty solid endorsement from Marshalolson [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2669554&postcount=44"]here[/ame].

The order was placed and parts sent out. I AM SOLD OUT
    If their remains interest in the fall I will do another order around November 2010.

Remember, they are $0.75 each + a little for shipping.

PL
    Last edited by PuderLuder; 02-15-2010 at 02:36 PM.
    I got 99 problems but this pitch aint one

Deleted - oops see you already have me in there for 50 - good deal. TIA

PuderLuder, Thanks for starting the second go round and getting me on the list.

Do you, or does anyone else, have an approximate weight for these? I could not find it in any of the previous threads but may have missed it.

Thanks.

Looks like I am out, sorry, non-existent income right now.

100 this round.

My first bunch are going into a client's skis: Dynafit + 3-Pin on some Karhu Guides, Dynafit pattern on some fatty Atomics. So that's forty.

I did the Karhus today... with good results. 22 holes. As I do not have a drill press I was über careful to keep things straight, and succeeded for the most part. Used one full syringe-style epoxy applicator, 1/2 hour set. (Had tried to find real slow-cure epoxy @ OSH but was stymied).

Puderluder, I would guess/hope that as you order more, the price might come down a bit? Also, if I were in your shoes and could float a little cash, I'd make 500 to keep on hand, as you WILL sell them.

The MIGHTY RaccoonFace requests the allocation of 42 units to be delivered to his Race Room Super Shop.

okbye

EDIT: Please send a pm when the time comes, cause I'm not around much any more.
    Last edited by RaccoonFace; 12-16-2009 at 11:20 PM.
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

slob, It'd be great if you could post some pics with your finished product.

Thanks,

PL

I'm in for 150. Those came out badass.

probably in for another 100 myself.

heading to the mountains next week and want to abuse my first two pairs first.

^^^Yes, please report how they do, and post pictures.

PL

i miss calculated i could use 12 more for a grand total of 52 thanks

^^ I suggest everyone order 50-100% more than they "calculate". And not cause they suck and you'd break some, but cause they are so bomber and totally awesome that you'll want to use them on your next skis, and your buds will too, and I am not going to be doing this forever.

PL

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    when are you closing orders
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

^^^when the count gets up to/ close to 1000.

PL

What are people mostly using these for? Are you swapping one pair of bindings between two or more pairs of skis? Are you using different bindings on the same ski? Also interested is seeing some pics of the install and final product, and reviews of how they work? Sorry if this is already available somewhere, I didn't look too hard...

i'm in for 50

Beck

OK I'll bite ... 50 for me

PuderLuder why don't you get someone like SlideWright to take this over from you? That way you don't have the headache of managing this and the rest of us donkeys can count on getting these little nuggets of love whenever we need them in the future.
    Just remember ... everyone is an idiot somewhere ... you are not the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    What are people mostly using these for? Are you swapping one pair of bindings between two or more pairs of skis? Are you using different bindings on the same ski? Also interested is seeing some pics of the install and final product, and reviews of how they work? Sorry if this is already available somewhere, I didn't look too hard...
    So you can swap bindings around. I did a tutorial earlier before puderluder had these made, these should be better than what I used. It needs to be updated but you can read it here:

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171369"]Tutorial for putting metal inserts into skis - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

All done: client's skis --Karhu Guides and some Atomics-- with inserts.

drill bit w/ collar, Insert on a M5 screw, and tap w/ handle

my installation "jig." Had some M5 screws & nuts hanging around, and bought a small pack of brass washers. After multiple epoxy goop-fests these are throwaways.

Very exciting, I know. Wish I had a drill press.

Inserts for Dynafit + 2 exta to accommodate 3-pin bindings. Voila!

Dynafit heel piece shot.

The finished product. Came out PERFECTLY.

Some suggestions:
    Use slow-cure epoxy. After a shot bit of time mount bindings "dry" in the inserts, i.e. without loctite, to make sure things lineup with your boot. This is imperative if you're using Dynafiddles.

Upgrade

Hey PuderLuder add 50 to my previous order to make it an even 100. I got's me some big plans.

adding to slobmonster's excellent report I will add two comments

just mounted up two sets for myself (Icelantic Shamans and Dynastar LPs)

Shamans were perfect and just like SM's

On the LPs they have a mm or two of epoxy and top sheet above the metal layer. I had to inset the insert below that mush to get a good bite.

The epoxy used for mounting oozes out to fill the space and keep the area under the binding flat. Just make sure you use an m5 screw to keep the internal threads clear as the epoxy cures.

Puder: let us know when you're close, and I'll throw some more $ your way. And since Paypal takes their % I can send you a check...

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    another 50 please,
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

paypal

Quote Originally Posted by slobmonster View Post
    Puder: let us know when you're close, and I'll throw some more $ your way. And since Paypal takes their % I can send you a check...
    Paypal won't take a cut if you send the money by doing the following when you are sending money.
    - select "Personal" option
    - select "payment owed"
    - use your bank account and not a credit card

No one pays a dime on the sender or receiver side if you do this.

Puder,

you have me in there twice, once for 40 and once for 50. After thinking more about it, can you just put me in once for 100?

Thanks.