Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Alta 32" in 23 hrs!!! .....

.... of "base building" snow or Tahoe, Baker, Whistler pow!!! Even more importantly, 25" base to 60" base in 1 1/2 days!!!!

So nice to have it all feel, look and ski like it should 'round here right now. First chair this morning reminded me of a Gaffney article in powder about the transformation of Squaw one year 4-5 years back; 2 days ago looked like early fall skiing ..... snap fingers .... today looked like and felt like above mid-december skiing!!!

P.S. Patrol is hating life right now; thanks for all your hard word today guys .... there is a reason you are looked up to and respected amongst your bretheren nationwide.

P.S.S. Glad tomorrow is Monday and most peeps have to go back to work 'cause it ain't gonna suck

P.S.S.S. Group cheer for Alta and a classic Wasatch storm; I am more than sure the TGR collective would love to hear stories from all that were up today and what you went through to get there and what feelings you felt throughout the day ...... bring it!!!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

WestCoastPDR Guest
    where's the photo's of the nipple deep pow pow.

jdshgbvfdlkvkcncxzvnxz,vns.dknvcds,fnefrhskjdasdaf ncmadscndcdsfhsk

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

stoking...be there in 20 days.
    alpine-live.com

And a big thank you to the Kitty. For those stuck in the line for Collins... Sucked to be you.

Light was flat and snowfall rate was "fill in the creases of your jacket if you stop moving for 30 seconds" for most of the day.

Turns were choke-on-it deep.

Beyond the ropes, anything steep enough to avalanche will.

Anything not steep enough to avalanche requires lots of pointing it even on big skis.

Sick conditions in LCC to be sure.

But as the sticker says...

dammit, send some of that stuff CO's way.

Definitely some untypical-heavy-Wasatch snow falling down by the bucket load. Stoked for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    P.S.S.S. Group cheer for Alta and a classic Wasatch storm
    Finally. Hip-hip-Hooray, Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...

road closure at 615 tomorrow (possibly even later tonight).

i brought out my 9.1FFs. i really needed something wider. however, it did not suck.

Somewhat heavy snow, but exactly what we needed. Coverage was awesome compared to just yesterday. I was origionaly going to ski my rock skis, but couldnt resist pulling out the pontoons. Not much open, but it was easy to see (or hear) that patrol had their hands full.

My highlight was being 4th in the gate when they opened the line above freds trees. Glad we ditched collins to catch wildcat for the first chairs. and in general glad to be at ALTA.

It was silly deep in the other canyon as well. I was skiing yesterday, today it was a different world up there. All of me is sore right now, the first big pow day of the year always does me in.

UDOT did a fantastic job on the road, I was amazed how easy it was to drive home. The sheriff at the base of the canyon kept all the kooks from driving up the canyon without chains or 4x4.

keep it coming I'll be there in 2 weeks.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Nice to see some neurotic Xover stoke again.

Skiing Coalpit tomorrow. Anyone wanna go?

Bwah!

cool, Xbox! thanks for the update! git sum!
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    It was silly deep in the other canyon as well. I was skiing yesterday, today it was a different world up there. All of me is sore right now, the first big pow day of the year always does me in.

UDOT did a fantastic job on the road, I was amazed how easy it was to drive home. The sheriff at the base of the canyon kept all the kooks from driving up the canyon without chains or 4x4.
    I hear ya, BobMc. I spent the day at Solitude from 9 till past 3 and found continual lines and deep snow. Loved the day, but I'm gonna feel this tomorrow. Oh well, the twangs of pains will remind me of this day!

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    I am very glad I bought a huge bottle of Alleve. I beat myself today and will need chemical relief for Monday. Worth the big day aches and pains.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Today was good. There were some pillowy soft landings out there today. The heavy snow should hopefully fill up the base nicely.

There were weird cracks to be seen everywhere, I would stay the F out of anywhere uncontrolled right now.

Second the, "Thank you patrol" comment, even if I am saying it for the OTHER LCC resort
    "Vagenius"

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post

Skiing Coalpit tomorrow. Anyone wanna go?
    I can't, I'm going to Stairs Gulch.

talking shit is cheap, where are the pics?
    パウダーバカ!!

LCC was killer today. Hopefully it keeps coming.

Coalpit sounds sketchy for tomorrow, I was seeing huge cracks in-bounds at Snowbird.

I hugely appreciate and respect the work patrollers do to open the hill every day. I DO NOT look up and respect patrollers in general. I have lived solely in ski towns since I was 8 years old and patrollers are not that cool. They just think they are cool. The only people who think patrollers are cool are east infections and people who moved to ski towns late in life. I do appreciate the hard work in preparing a resort for skiing, but it stops there. I admire and respect snowplow drivers for keeping the road clear as well.

Yeah, over here we call that sloppy shit 'Alta Pow'.

I concur. It was really good today. I just don't know what took so long to realize that opening was going to be closer to noon than 10. Especially with that limited terrain.

Failta.

Quote Originally Posted by nbt View Post
    LCC was killer today. Hopefully it keeps coming.

I hugely appreciate and respect the work patrollers do to open the hill every day. I DO NOT look up and respect patrollers in general. I have lived solely in ski towns since I was 8 years old and patrollers are not that cool. They just think they are cool. The only people who think patrollers are cool are east infections and people who moved to ski towns late in life. I do appreciate the hard work in preparing a resort for skiing, but it stops there. I admire and respect snowplow drivers for keeping the road clear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    road closure at 615 tomorrow (possibly even later tonight).
    http://www.townofalta.com/road/

"Interlodge travel restrictions will go into effect at 7:00 a.m. It is anticipated that the road will reopen by 8:30 a.m. Monday December 14, 2009."

"reopen by 8:30 am" ??