Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    awww yeah muted forum regulator is here to spew who’s core! Gotta keep the messageboard safe for keyboard brobbrah feelings!

those numbers were from a jh magazine article.

now back to the usual bullshit “evryone tours because everyone’s fucking rad brah” followed by “the backcountry is such a zoo, everyone’s a newbie who needs to learn real avy skills” aka the same shit said every fucking year.
    Swing and a miss. We always knew you were a google-search expert

And if we take this thread to logical conclusion, when Covid travel restrictions are loosened, will there be a vast majority of gringo skiers in South America?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Swing and a miss. We always knew you were a google-search expert
    Muted bringing out the white dildo is the best muted.

Whatever happened to Neckdeep? He was pretty active on here and now he is gone.
    QUOTE=Djongo Unchained;6045599]Just north of Driggs is the north Leigh creek, Badger creek and Jackpine areas.
    Jedediah Smith wilderness or a west to east traverse of the North Tetons.
    All within 20 miles and remote as fuck for most of the folks in here. Grizz country too.
    Head on a swivel kinda recreatin'.

Driggs is still an outpost. Even if they have a stoplight.

Neckdeep from 2009 - Vanilla with Caramel sauce.

That is hilarious.[/QUOTE]

You guys are loosing shit to argue about. The busyness is far from all bad. Just don't be surprised and the price your contractor charges you for a new deck.

"It will probably be north of $50K, first you have to find an engineer. All the ones I work with are busy on $10million projects". "Why is it so expensive, I mean, I got a new deck for $5K in Houston". "Because nobody can afford to live here, wealthy families from places like Houston are bidding up real estate as then run away from the COVID and the rural areas....Maa'm would you please but your mask back on and stay distant".

It's just the same old same old at warp speed. Rick Steeves would tell you to try and blend in and don't wipe your ass on the pillows. I can wrap my pee size brain around not being able to enjoy activities I used to enjoy. I can't deal with loosing the vibe of the community to people that don't drive slow and wave.

That's one thing I truly love about the Teton Valley, most people still slow down and wave on the backroads.

Question: ski in Driggs or MTB in Crested Butte.

Aaaaaaaaannnnnd: GO!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/local-...-butte-co.html
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    its no joke, they came to MT from the Hat with citi m/a cred and their own copters and landed below high water mark...and that was jus to fish
    Neither Driggs nor Bozeman, but what is it with these kinds of people?

https://www.postregister.com/messeng...733121351.html

Hey, it's Idaho. Are you allowed to strap one of those mondo machine guns on the helicopter?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, it's Idaho. Are you allowed to strap one of those mondo machine guns on the helicopter?
    Machine guns yes but they have to be sub-mondo class of weapon.

I had to run into Idaho Falls yesterday, and because of this thread I counted vehicles and plates on my way home to Swan Valley. 58 total, 21 from California, 12 from Texas, 4 miscellaneous, the rest were Idaho and Wyoming.
    Nothing to say beyond that
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Driggs, Idaho Beta

Kid one and I drove to the village last week. (Yeah I know it ain’t ID)
    She remarked that from Wilson to the resort and back she only saw a few WY plates. The road was packed.

As of today I'm officially moving to Driggs on 9/30. Stoked to meet and ski with some of you mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    As of today I'm officially moving to Driggs on 9/30. Stoked to meet and ski with some of you mags.
    Holy shit you finally did it. Congratulations and prepare to hang your head and stay quiet when people start bitching about Colorado transplants. I prefer the other strategy of bashing former Coloradans loudly and often to draw attention away from where I came from.

Stoked for ya dude, it’s da spot!

That's outstanding. Congratulations.
    Summer should be slowing down about then, evenings cooling off, elk bugling, flurries soon.
    Gonna get a 'ghee pass or whut? It's gonna dump this year, btw. You know the La Nina is our preferred pow machine...

Driggs, Idaho Beta

Yes, Albany, Rutland, Manchester and Portland are way better ski towns than Jackson, Crested Butte, Telluride and Park City. Love you Greg! How have the Alpine Zoners been doing during the pandemic?

Talk about the anti Driggs spirit. Of all places for Greg to appear. He's like the anti Christ.

Hi CentoUno! May I suggest that instead of overrated, overhyped ,arid and downright ugly eastern Idaho area that you "think outside the box" and instead relocate to the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered,the northeast is the clear choice. The riding is more challenging here due to the variable conditions, the snow is better due to the cold temperatures, more consistant snowfall as well as superior snowmaking (and LOTS of water for the snowmaking systems) as well as a truly more enriching urban and mountain lifestyle. Also the wages are higher, the culture is superior, the history is rich and the "Norman Rockwell" factor is prevalent everywhere you turn.The terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?"). If you can shred here, you can shred ANYWHERE. When you score your first Killington powder day in "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you! Pursuing the plethora of hot NYC/NJ and Boston "chicas" in their stretch pants can be even better than the great skiing, but I must warn you they are quite feisty and outspoken, unlike the bland and brainwashed Mormon women in Idaho. There is lift-serviced mountain biking as well as swimming and hiking in the lush-green summers and the autumn colors are unmatched anywhere on the planet. You will also find that the clientele(as well as your co-workers) will tend to be more educated and well-rounded, not your typical one-dimensional western yahoos. Albany NY, Rutland VT, Manchester NH or Portland ME would be better than a bland backwater like Driggs, Idaho in every way!
    I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots, NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 5G-compliant 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Jealous. Enjoy!

Nicely done. Does this mean the pass is going to automatically have bad traffic?

Put your driveway address in the RV thread so we can bring you beers and you can take us skiing.

Congrats!

Sadly -- you're a couple years past Pendle's being a thing which was the most baller bakery this side of NOLA.

Dope area year round.

Late April and early May beg to differ...

(But welcome to the area!)
    Last edited by rideit; 08-16-2020 at 10:45 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Haha! Yass!
    Thanks bro. Come visit sometime and ski pow with me. Will have space for you and the Mrs to crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    That's outstanding. Congratulations.
    Summer should be slowing down about then, evenings cooling off, elk bugling, flurries soon.
    Gonna get a 'ghee pass or whut? It's gonna dump this year, btw. You know the La Nina is our preferred pow machine...
    Thanks. Yep, plan is to get a 'ghee pass and maybe get a sled. My buddy in Alta has a sled so we'll be doing the sled skiing thing for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Stoked for ya dude, it’s da spot!
    Thanks dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Holy shit you finally did it. Congratulations and prepare to hang your head and stay quiet when people start bitching about Colorado transplants. I prefer the other strategy of bashing former Coloradans loudly and often to draw attention away from where I came from.
    Ha, thanks man. I'll have plenty of things to add to the "dislike of CO" conversations.

Come visit sometime!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app