Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Jim Mates is fine if you direct him to do a specific thing, e.g, 6th toe punch. If not, he may start fiddling with your ramp angle and forward lean. (Jim shimmed Dynafit toes before it was a thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I know lots of people who have had more problems caused by Mates than solved.

Firsthand I have had great luck with Evo.

I also know lots of people that are pleased with Happy Feet (Kelly Timmons).
    I hear you. Setting aside the question of how good he is at the actual boot work and biomechanics, I definitely see why people don't love the attitude. All I'm saying is he did a number of things to my boots that no other boot fitter has done (and I've seen many supposedly excellent boot fitters over the years) and the results are decidedly positive for me.

I personally didn't have a great experience at Evo, but I just walked in and took the first guy who offered to help me, so I'm sure I'd have had better luck if I'd gone looking for a specific person.

Went and saw Kelly today at Dr Happy Feet for the first time. I’d consider him a true craftsman exercising 40+ years of boot fitting experience and inside industry knowledge. Have had work done at a variety of places over the years and could tell very quickly Kelly knew his shit. Techniques-a-plenty. Beyond mapping my shell contact points in a precise manor (differently than I’ve seen before) he’s modifying the new stock liner removing the vinyl cover over the elastic band and remaking to reduce the bulk build up - complete with hand sowing. He didn’t try and up-sell me new foot beds either, rather modifying what I was given by another more well known shop. Most every time I’ve gone fitting they try and pitch new beds. He’s definitely got my business and recommendation!

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Shout out to GREGL and XAVIERD at Evo. Both guys really took care of my wife and I while shopping for her new boots. She's now the proud owner of some dialed in Atomic Hawx touring boots thanks to the great customer service and expert bootfitting from these two guys! GregL thanks for fielding all of our random Austria questions as well, had to take full advantage of your diverse expertise while standing around for a couple hours haha. Anyone in need of boots/fitting in seattle area, no brainer to go to Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Shout out to GREGL and XAVIERD at Evo. Both guys really took care of my wife and I while shopping for her new boots. She's now the proud owner of some dialed in Atomic Hawx touring boots thanks to the great customer service and expert bootfitting from these two guys! GregL thanks for fielding all of our random Austria questions as well, had to take full advantage of your diverse expertise while standing around for a couple hours haha. Anyone in need of boots/fitting in seattle area, no brainer to go to Evo.
    Great to hear, heading over with the GF this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Greg, I would love to see an online boot fitting sign up. I need to come in with my evo outlet special k2s for a punch and time is tight with daddy duty. I might just shoot for the husky game option.
    scroll down about midway. under ski and snowboard boot service.
    https://www.evo.com/locations/seattl.../ski-snowboard

Bumping this thread to say that Brant and Ryan over at Sturtevant's did a great job of getting my Cochise 130's punched and overall sorted out recently. Christy Sports may now own the joint but still some top notch boot fitters hanging around on the east side.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Since it got bumped I'll add my 2 cents. EVO guys seem to really know what they're doing. I've heard good things about sturtevants but haven't used them personally. Went to REI because they had a great deal on last years boots. There was only 1 out of 4 guys there that really knew what they were doing. Also made punching a boot fairly difficult.

bumping this as its probably relevant this time of year for some...

Last year my wife got new boots at Evo with GregL, this year is my year! Another great experience with GregL @ Evo last Friday. I booked an appointment online, he was ready to roll when I arrived. He patiently fitted me up with five different choices, helped me cut the herd to two and I left with a pair of Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD 120 boots punched out for a metatarsal issue. His knowledge is VERY deep on the nuances across multiple manufacturers (fit, materials, how they actually tour, how they actually ski). Coming from a history of buying uber wide last boots online to accommodate my sixth toe and dealing with them being ill fitting everywhere else, I can't believe how locked in they feel. Thanks GregL! Now, fingers crossed some other retailer offers a sale on this boot in the next couple days so I can price match retroactively

Just got back from a boot fitting with Greg from Evo, I'm assuming that gregL. Anyways, like everyone else has said incredibly knowledgeable and knew what he was doing, couldn't recommend him more. Also he knew Drew Tabke which was pretty rad. Thanks Greg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Just got back from a boot fitting with Greg from Evo, I'm assuming that gregL. Anyways, like everyone else has said incredibly knowledgeable and knew what he was doing, couldn't recommend him more. Also he knew Drew Tabke which was pretty rad. Thanks Greg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    right on! yeah, GregL has some great stories..

There's a kid named Philip at EVO who does good work and has worked on some mag pals who all gave good reviews. We might be related, but he fixed my fucking shoes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Just to add to the general base of knowledge on this topic, Kelly Timmons, aka. Dr. Happy Feet, is now officially retired...and will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    There's a kid named Philip at EVO who does good work and has worked on some mag pals who all gave good reviews. We might be related, but he fixed my fucking shoes!
    Lol

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk