Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1924
    Rocking a WT101 old fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Rocking a WT101 old fashioned.

Turkey is massively underrated. If you can find 101 rye, buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm not a big rye drinker but the Old Forester 100 rye is solid (and only $23). Rye for bourbon drinkers.

Also did a taste test across 3 barrel proof bourbons that I purchased over the weekend (Stagg Jr, Elijah Craig and 4Roses store pick). Stagg Jr FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by mt_wilson View Post
    Turkey is massively underrated. If you can find 101 rye, buy it.

WT101 has become my go-to for cocktails. I usually pour something else for sipping neat, but that doesn’t mean I’d be unhappy with it- I just have a bunch of other bottles that I tend not to use in cocktails. My local in Helena doesn’t have the 101 rye but I’ll probably grab a bottle the next time I’m driving past Belgrade.

I have a Russell’s Reserve rye that’s been my go-to rye sipper. I just opened a baby Sazerac that’s pretty nice.

WT101 has become my go-to for cocktails. I usually pour something else for sipping neat, but that doesn’t mean I’d be unhappy with it- I just have a bunch of other bottles that I tend not to use in cocktails. My local in Helena doesn’t have the 101 rye but I’ll probably grab a bottle the next time I’m driving past Belgrade.

I have a Russell’s Reserve rye that’s been my go-to rye sipper. I just opened a baby Sazerac that’s pretty nice.
    For sure. Turkey is also my go to cocktail whiskey, or just over a healthy amount of ice! On that note the Russell’s single barrel (also barrel proof and non chill filter) both rye and bourbon are outstanding

That kind of day...

That kind of day...

Nice. "How many drinks did you have last night?" "One, why?"

https://sfspiritscomp.com/results/

Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10 yr Bourbon wins Best in Show Whiskey.

Can’t trust anything out of SF (especially if judged by guy with man bun).

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post

The table whiskey is damn good too, the first case just dropped at the Victor ID liquor store today. A legendary Grand Canyon raft guide staple.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Local grains behind spirits wins

A Bainbridge Island distillery that sources organic Walla Walla-area grains has earned an unprecedented series of titles, including World’s Best Wheat Whiskey, in international competition over the last three weeks.

Bainbridge Organic Distillers has had 13 big wins at three major spirits competitions, the company announced.

Starting March 28, its Bainbridge Battle Point Two Islands Hokkaido Mizunara Cask Wheat Whiskey was named the World’s Best Wheat Whiskey in the London-based World Whiskies Awards. Entries came from the United Kingdom, Europe, North America and Asia. This is the fifth time the whiskey has received the honor, the announcement said.

That recognition was followed last Sunday when Bainbridge Battle Point Two Islands Barbados Rum Cask and Bainbridge Heritage Oaked Doug Fir Gin were finalists in their categories in the U.S.-based Ultimate Spirits Challenge. The coveted Tried & True Award was given to Bainbridge Legacy Organic Vodka and Bainbridge Heritage Oaked Doug Fir Gin.

On Monday came word from the San Francisco World Spirits Competition that Bainbridge Battle Point Wheat Whiskey was named Best Wheat Whiskey from a crowded field of international and domestic entrants.

Keith Barnes, proprietor/distiller, said whiskies and spirits have been made over the last 10 years with grains from Touchet’s (pronounced "Two-she") Williams Hudson Bay Farms.

The relationship with the third-generation family farm known for its organic wheat, alfalfa and hay, among other crops, began through a mutual friend in Columbia County.

“Upon meeting with the Williams brothers we discovered that we had many of the same views and that their production was very well suited for a long-term relationship,” Barnes said. “We’ve been working with them since the beginning and they’ve been hard working to meet our growing needs.”

As needs for the organic-only distillery expanded to include corn, barley, triticale and rye, the farm operation has accommodated.

“We set out to make spirits that would be expressive of Washington’s awesome grains, and our association with the Williams has allowed us to do this and more,” Barnes said.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Going to a charity event tonight and two bottles of "pappy" are up for auction.

PVW family reserve 15 year ( starting at $1500 i think)

ORVW 10 year (currently about $300)

Aside from the fact that its just booze, would either be "worth it" in that price range? (Considering it's for charity)
    We just dont see much of either around here so curious what the collective thinks. And if i actually bid on the PVW my wife would divorce me.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

Aside from the fact that its just booze, would either be "worth it" in that price range? (Considering it's for charity)
    We just dont see much of either around here so curious what the collective thinks. And if i actually bid on the PVW my wife would divorce me.
    Those’re both really good, but at that price...I’d probably get hookers and blow instead, unless you already have those. Hookers and coke dealers might be a charity.

Not worth it. 300$ could get you something much more enjoyable on the secondary auction market, and 1500$ would get you something amazing.

ORVW is good at retail, but has been disappointing the last few years IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Not worth it. 300$ could get you something much more enjoyable on the secondary auction market, and 1500$ would get you something amazing.

ORVW is good at retail, but has been disappointing the last few years IMO.
    Not sure where the PVW ended up but the ORVW went for $1,675... the kids made out great that night.

Not sure where the PVW ended up but the ORVW went for $1,675... the kids made out great that night.
    Wow. Charity isn’t a comparison to the secondary, but that’s a lot of dough.

I’ve noticed a big tick in the price of bottles at auction over the last year. What was once a periodic ‘splurge’ is now a bottle I can’t even bid on. Even bottom shelf ‘dusty’ bottles at 80 proof in a plastic bottle are going for stupid amounts. Looks like I’ll be drinking my stash and hope the market will quiet down after a few years.

I’ve noticed a big tick in the price of bottles at auction over the last year. What was once a periodic ‘splurge’ is now a bottle I can’t even bid on. Even bottom shelf ‘dusty’ bottles at 80 proof in a plastic bottle are going for stupid amounts. Looks like I’ll be drinking my stash and hope the market will quiet down after a few years.
    Pricing all seems a bit silly, but there was alot of money in the crowd, including a large 30-ish age white male contingent from Bain Capital that I'm going to go ahead and blame for the price inflation.

The finest bourbon I have tasted. Yet.

I do wonder when supply will catch up to or exceed demand. Lots of new distilleries opening up with bourbon waiting to mature... Although many of the new distillers are using smaller barrels and only aging for 6 months to 2 years.

Would definitely make for an interesting economics study.

Anyone tried Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend bourbon? A local bar that specializes in whiskeys had it as a special at $17 for a 1.5oz pour and the waiter wouldn't stop talking about how it was the greatest bourbon he'd ever tasted, so I finally gave in and ordered one. And goddamn if he wasn't right - might well be the finest bourbon I have tasted (yet).
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Need to do a blind back to back with OGD 114 to really know 😎Sounds like a good time at the bar though.

And a damn good waiter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Anyone tried Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend bourbon? A local bar that specializes in whiskeys had it as a special at $17 for a 1.5oz pour and the waiter wouldn't stop talking about how it was the greatest bourbon he'd ever tasted, so I finally gave in and ordered one. And goddamn if he wasn't right - might well be the finest bourbon I have tasted (yet).

I don't know about finest, but this is delicious. Strong vanilla notes. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190623_202022.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	286577

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

45,000 barrels of Jim Beam on fire: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jim-bea...ay-2019-07-03/

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    45,000 barrels of Jim Beam on fire: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jim-bea...ay-2019-07-03/
    A good start?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    A good start?
    Beam and its off shoots, yeah, but any Bookers, Bakers, Basil Hadens or even Knob Creek in the fire is reason to cry...

Glad to see someone else who uses OGD 114 as a benchmark! All I have in the cabinet at the moment aside from some Weller antique

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    A good start?
    I heard that a great deal of what was lost was the Legent whiskey, their Japanese collaboration