Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1933
    Dad brought this over. I'll let y'all know later. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201126_204059334.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	349949

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

My daughters discovered Bourbon over the last week or so. They've now finished a bottle of Wild Turkey American Honey and today a bottle of Evan Williams Honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Dad brought this over. I'll let y'all know later. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201126_204059334.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	349949

Very smooth, maybe too??? Maple syrup to the nose, vanilla notes, overall very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Attachment 349286

Rhetoric 24 - "orphan barrels" from an old distillery

https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/w...etoric-series/

It's the only one of the series I've had but interesting nonetheless to drink aged bourbon
    It’s like sucking on a piece of oak with less splinters!

I found it interesting that the reviewer really didn't like the 24 year old but loved the 25 year old.

It's of course unclear what processes are occuring between the cask and the bottles that would change the flavors between the different years they are selling - it may not be a clear maturation in flavors from young to old in the final products.

Skidog - that bottle looks classy and sounds delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I’m just stunned by the Weller SR pricing. It seems like just yesterday I could get a handle for <$45. Now I’m seeing fifths for for $100.
    Just scored a handle of Weller SR for $45. The store had fifths for $22.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Just scored a handle of Weller SR for $45. The store had fifths for $22.
    If you bought a couple of those I would be happy to work out a trade down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    If you bought a couple of those I would be happy to work out a trade down the road.
    The store had a 1 per customer limit, but if I go by there tomorrow I’ll pick one up for you.

I cracked open a fifth of Evan Williams Single Barrel last night. It was $30ish controlled price. It was okay for $30 but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I cracked open a fifth of Evan Williams Single Barrel last night. It was $30ish controlled price. It was okay for $30 but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy more of it.
    the last few releases have gone downhill. it used to be one of the best values in bourbon but now it's just a super sweet, underproofed desert sipper.

ew white label is still fantastic though

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Very smooth, maybe too??? Maple syrup to the nose, vanilla notes, overall very nice.

Not sure that bourbon could ever be too smooth.
    When asked about the difference between bourbon and rye, the owner of High West Distillery once told me that sipping good bourbon is like receiving a kiss goodnight from a beautiful woman, whereas sipping a good rye is like her slapping you during foreplay. ....or something like that
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    the last few releases have gone downhill. it used to be one of the best values in bourbon but now it's just a super sweet, underproofed desert sipper.

ew white label is still fantastic though

The bottled in bond?

I just got a text from a family member that is traveling for work. She found a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. I like the full proof and 107 better, but beggars can't be choosers. I haven't seen any Weller around here for several years. This is perfect timing because I've been on a wheated bourbon kick lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I just got a text from a family member that is traveling for work. She found a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. I like the full proof and 107 better, but beggars can't be choosers. I haven't seen any Weller around here for several years. This is perfect timing because I've been on a wheated bourbon kick lately.
    nice, man!

larceny is a great wheatie that is widely available and also reminiscent of OWSR. not the same thing but it scratches that itch nicely.

Enjoying some Balcones right now. Never heard of them before but got a sample in my Bourbon advent calendar. 63%, yet quite smooth. Deep caramel flavors with some leather.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Enjoying some Balcones right now. Never heard of them before but got a sample in my Bourbon advent calendar. 63%, yet quite smooth. Deep caramel flavors with some leather.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Their first distiller, the guy who put them on the map, was on my freshman hall. I remember a really quiet, kinda awkward kid who went home to his high school girlfriend every weekend. Now he’s a burly, bearded pistol-packing Texas stereotype. He’s moved on to brandy these days. Never tried any Balcones, and probably won’t bother now that he’s moved on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/28/b...e=articleShare

Next time I go to pick up a bottle at my favorite store I'll take some pics..their selection is vast. Everything from $10-$500 lots of stuff I've never seen.

As for "too smooth", I like a little bite in my bourbon otherwise it's like drinking candy which can get dangerous.

Next time I go to pick up a bottle at my favorite store I'll take some pics..their selection is vast. Everything from $10-$500 lots of stuff I've never seen.

As for "too smooth", I like a little bite in my bourbon otherwise it's like drinking candy which can get dangerous.

2 hings
    Are yo u still in Sandy with a store with that kind of selection? Damn
    Respect for posting in the bourbon thread at 7 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    2 hings
    Are yo u still in Sandy with a store with that kind of selection? Damn
    Respect for posting in the bourbon thread at 7 AM
    Nope back in NY these days sadly..and this place is nuts. I can literally spend 30 min just looking and then grab what I came for. Pics to follow.

The bottled in bond?
    Yes, best deal out there. Keep it on the DL.

Did a blind taster this fall with the EW White Label and 4 other much more expensive bottles ($70-$130ish). The group almost unanimously chose EW White Label.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Yes, best deal out there. Keep it on the DL.

Did a blind taster this fall with the EW White Label and 4 other much more expensive bottles ($70-$130ish). The group almost unanimously chose EW White Label.

yeah don't bother with black label, white label is seriously good juice

if you look at any number of high end restaurants, you'll see that white label is very commonly their house/mixing bourbon. it tastes great, is super balanced, and stupid cheap.

the only other bourbon that comes close in the quality/cheap corner of the shelf is WT101 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yeah don't bother with black label, white label is seriously good juice

if you look at any number of high end restaurants, you'll see that white label is very commonly their house/mixing bourbon. it tastes great, is super balanced, and stupid cheap.

the only other bourbon that comes close in the quality/cheap corner of the shelf is WT101 IMO.
    Haha, WT101 is the other go to cheapo in my household. I think EW White edges it out though.

Almost every bottled in bond offering is superlative, EW is just a phenomenal value and becoming easier to find

NY? City or where, trying to think if I know the store.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Haha, WT101 is the other go to cheapo in my household. I think EW White edges it out though.
    This thread turned me on to WT 101. I really dig the high rye in the mash bill, but I may have to try EW White now.

Almost every bottled in bond offering is superlative, EW is just a phenomenal value and becoming easier to find

NY? City or where, trying to think if I know the store.
    Orange county to be honest don't even know it's name. Doubt you'd know it, and from it's outside strip mall looks and location you'd really think it was just a shop for local drunks to grab a gallon of pompov for the day, but it's better than any of the boutique wine and booze stores around here. I was shocked,maybe others have even better and I'm just being dumb. You'll all let me know when I post pics. Possibly tomorrow, I have a hankering.