Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1933
    Anyone know where I can sell whisky that may be worth something? I have a bottle of JD gold medal something or another that seems to be listing for several hundred. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it? For sure not worth auction ( I assume)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Anyone know where I can sell whisky that may be worth something? I have a bottle of JD gold medal something or another that seems to be listing for several hundred. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it? For sure not worth auction ( I assume)
    https://bottlebluebook.com/blog/27/H...ffload+it%2521

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Seems complicated… maybe we should start a TGR whisky “ trading group”

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Seems complicated… maybe we should start a TGR whisky “ trading group”

I'm game. PM me if you're interested.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Happy 101 day to all who observe.

So I think I may have just stumbled upon one of the best bourbon surprises I've ever enjoyed: Legent
    Bought it for my wife for her bday on a lark (she's a bourbon gal which kicks ass), and thankfully I didn't let the Jim Beam association throw me off. I have yet to find a better bourbon for the money. Spent under $40 FWIW.
    https://www.drinkhacker.com/2019/03/...egent-bourbon/
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkhacker
    It never drinks hot — I would never have guessed this was 94 proof — and there’s such a lovely progression of flavor here that it merits long-term exploration and analysis. Hard to put down.

Also, at 35 bucks this is a huge steal. Pick it up immediately.
    Agreed. It's complex, has a really unique but distinctly bourbon flavor, and is just great to enjoy neat. Go pick up a bottle at your local bodega and give it a try stat. You might be pleasantly surprised.

https://www.legentbourbon.com/

Alright let’s see if this Barrel Proof is twice as good since it’s twice as much. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3352.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	388980

might be, but its also a good bit ( 20% ish) stronger so should be able to add water and make it last longer.

Always fun to compare.

If you happen to be in the upstate, this place in Saratoga is worth your time.
    https://www.firstfillspirits.com/

Such good Whiskey options

Just scored a couple of mini-bottles 375's of Eagle Rare. Anything out of the ordinary is scarce around here.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Whiskey is scarce in Tennessee? Fuck we are in the end times.

It's all about timing. I see cases of Eagle Rare... but only for 3 months of the year.. used to be the whole year....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

No George T Stagg this year

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    No George T Stagg this year
    Yeah, like anyone could get it at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Alright let’s see if this Barrel Proof is twice as good since it’s twice as much. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3352.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	388980
    Maybe not twice as good but really good

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Ehh depending on the release I'd say it's twice as good. Really excellent juice.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I live on the state line. The Eagle Rare came from a Virginia state ABC store. They had tons of bourbon/whiskey I have never heard of on the shelf. No Whistlepig, Knob Creek, very little of the cask strength etc. for any brand (except Four Roses).

Tennessee has private stores. Their shelves are less than Virginia, and no specialties. Blaming it on a glass bottle shortage.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Nice. Will have to check that one out!!!

Oh thank God: BARDSTOWN, Ky. (AP) — Striking workers at one of the world's largest bourbon producers voted to a ratify a new contract Saturday, a day after announcing a tentative agreement with Heaven Hill.

About 420 members of United Food and Commercial Workers Local 23D went on strike about six weeks ago, forming picket lines at the company's operations in Bardstown, Kentucky, after rejecting a previous contract proposal.

The tentative agreement came just days after the company signaled it intended to start hiring permanent replacement employees for bottling and warehouse operations. The workers then voted to ratify the five-year agreement Saturday, according to a statement from Heaven Hill.

“We look forward to welcoming our team members as we transition back to normal operations,” company spokesperson Josh Hafer said in the statement.

Scored a bottle of Whistle Pig 10 year visiting Jupiter Florida. The little shop there had a ton of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Scored a bottle of Whistle Pig 10 year visiting Jupiter Florida. The little shop there had a ton of good stuff.
    Whistlepig + Carpano Antica makes the best manhattan i've ever had, hands down, bar none.

Also a stupid expensive manhattan, but worth it.

Found a bottle of the new JD 10yr (97 proof) over the weekend. Not a huge Jack fan but found this to be quite good. Very rich, a bit sweet, but basically Bananas Foster in a bottle. Not cheap at $85.

Met with my brother-in-law this weekend for a grouse hunting weekend. I gave him a choice of a bottle of Evan Williams barrel proof or Makers Mark 46 barrel proof as a b-day present. After testing the two he chose to take the Makers Mark 46 barrel proof home. I was hoping he would have chosen the other one. I also brought Makers Mark barrel proof to compare to the 46. The 46 has more depth and overall we both chose the 46.

These landed today. First time I’ve managed to snag one.

Hard to admit, but I passed on the latest ECBP release, which they also had at the register. I just felt like I didn’t need another as I have a C920 and B521 open at home.

Not to be a dick, but thats not Bourbon.
    Maybe we should start an " other Whisky " thread. I have some thoughts to share..

How was it?
    Heard good things

Yeah, I realize that, but in practice this has been an American whiskey thread. Stranahan’s was on the first page.