Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1933
    Really liking this new Oregon Spirit Bourbon for a $36 bottle. The new Widow Jane is damn tasty again.

Got a bottle of Four Roses Al Young release. Super pumped to give it a try, saving it for next week.

Pleasantly surprised with the bourbon quality available in MA liquor stores. And often cheaper than back in KY.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Got a bottle of Four Roses Al Young release. Super pumped to give it a try, saving it for next week.

Pleasantly surprised with the bourbon quality available in MA liquor stores. And often cheaper than back in KY.
    We only got 2 of those and we spent like $10k on 4 Roses this year.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    We only got 2 of those and we spent like $10k on 4 Roses this year.
    Have you tried it? I'll send you out a sample after I crack it. I'm super excited for it.

You ever do any 4R private selection picks? We should arrange a TGR pick, that would be rad.

It's limited release season, what has the collective picked up this year? Waiting for BTAC to release in MA, but did crack the latest Midwinters Night Dram last night. Tasty. And the glass smells amazing the morning after.

Got a few Eagle Rare store picks, those have become my go to daily sippers.

Nothing fancy yet, but I scored a bottle of Weller Antique 107 for $29. Really nice for the price.

What did you think of the Turley Mill cask strength?

This makes me sad in the liver. My favorite hooch store in Europe just got knocked off, ON FOOT!, to the tune of ~$800,000 of rare brownwater.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/11/pa...of-whisky.html
    I still call it The Jake.

Orphan Barrel in Tullahoma TN.

About an hour from my house.
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 11-23-2017 at 07:15 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Cool looking for sure, but a decent cocaine habit would be an easier way to blow through money.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Nothing fancy yet, but I scored a bottle of Weller Antique 107 for $29. Really nice for the price.

What did you think of the Turley Mill cask strength?
    Cracked it last night--enjoyable! Surprised honestly given it's age. Held its own compared to some michters BP rye I have that I really enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Tried some Maker's Mark Cask Strength at 112 proof this weekend. Neat. Was a little hot, with quite a bit of harshness on the back end. Not impressed. Maybe dilute with a rock or two.
    Bought a bottle Monday, went back and picked up a back up the next day. Great great stuff.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

I can't seem to find any Weller around here lately. Makes me sad. Though on the recommendations here, picked up some Four Roses Small Batch recently that I've been enjoying. And I think my Christmas gift from my brother in law is going to be High West Campfire.

So it's taken me a long circuitous route to get here. But I've settled on Bourbon. I'm still a newb. But rate my newb quiver.

Weller SR
    Weller Antique
    Woodfords Double Oaked
    Four Roses single Barrel.

I feel like I prefer my proof between 90-100.

This all stemmed from just wanting some bourbon to put in a pecan pie. I figured since I was buying a bottle, I might want to get something worth sipping. So I ended up with the Weller Antique, and found it quit enjoyable. I feel like I'm going down a dark path that will cost me a lot of money in the long run.

Funny to read this thread from the beginning and laugh at the prices of Pappy.
    Training for Alpental

^All good for a quiver. I really like Weller Antique (great bargain) and the 4 Roses SB a lot.

McKenna is becoming my go to bourbon. I’ve been sitting on the Weller SR and 107 I have since I don’t know when I’ll see more. Have still yet to find the 12. Larceny not a bad substitute for the SR, IMO.

Blantons has been scarcer lately as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    McKenna is becoming my go to bourbon. I’ve been sitting on the Weller SR and 107 I have since I don’t know when I’ll see more. Have still yet to find the 12. Larceny not a bad substitute for the SR, IMO.

Blantons has been scarcer lately as well.
    My local has been keeping a good stock of the Weller. Would like to find the 12. I also have a bottle of the Larceny. My wife discovered the Four Roses last night, and proclaimed it as her favorite.....because of course she did.

That being said. So far it seems that Bourbon, while being more of a hunt is cheaper on the whole than wine. Becasuse a 20 dollar or 50 dollar bottle of wine will still be drank in one night.
    Training for Alpental

Was looking for Weller at a fairly reliable store in Evanston recently, employee suggested Larceny since they were out of Weller. Larceny is good but lacks a certain bite I expect out of a burbon. Left a bit to be desired.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Found half a bottle of Van Winkle 12 in the back of a corner cabinet. It’s more like a 15 now. Really good stuff, and impossible to get here now. Shame, it was a bargain not too long ago.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    It’s more like a 15 now.
    I hope that was tongue in cheek. Chartreuse is one of the few liquors that will age in the bottle.

I'm still pissed about bookers. Was my go-to and having a hard time finding a replacement for the old price range(was able to find it around 55 in MT). Been going with Blantons but not quite the same. I do like me a high proof bourbon with just enough kick to lemme know I'm drinking bourbon. Been drinking my low end Ezra Brooks lately. Also been grabbing Elijah Craig 12yr.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I'm still pissed about bookers. Was my go-to and having a hard time finding a replacement for the old price range(was able to find it around 55 in MT). Been going with Blantons but not quite the same. I do like me a high proof bourbon with just enough kick to lemme know I'm drinking bourbon. Been drinking my low end Ezra Brooks lately. Also been grabbing Elijah Craig 12yr.
    Look for Old Grand Dad 114, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and Knob Creek Single Barrel. Baker's is really similar, but a lower proof (107).