Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1933
    lotsa hype. just using Lemmy;s name to sell hooch ?

https://www.mashandgrape.com/collect...eid=d0318e7c94
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

The oldest known whiskey is soon to be up for auction

(CNN)A historic bottle of whiskey can soon be yours -- if you have tens of thousands of dollars to spare.

The whiskey, bottled in LaGrange, Georgia, is about to go up for auction. The Old Ingledew Whiskey is believed to be the oldest known whiskey in existence, according to Skinner, which is facilitating the auction.

The online auction is set for June 22-30. Bids are expected to fall between $20,000-$40,000, Skinner said last week.

Carbon 14 dating done in conjunction with the University of Georgia indicates the bourbon was likely produced between 1762-1802, around the time of the Revolutionary War and the Whiskey Rebellion, officials said. It's not clear where it was produced.

Skinner's rare spirits expert, Joseph Hyman, said in a statement the whiskey "is thought to be the only surviving bottle of a trio from the cellar of J.P. Morgan gifted in the 1940s to Washington power elite."

Financier John Pierpont Morgan reportedly bought the bottle during one of his frequent visits to Georgia, Skinner said. It is believed to have been bottled in LaGrange in the 1860s, according to the auction house, which said it was standard practice to store spirits in demijohns after being aged in oak barrels.

Jack Morgan, later gifted the bottle up for auction to James Byrnes of South Carolina and two sister bottles to Franklin D. Roosevelt, a distant cousin to Morgan, and Harry S. Truman in the early 1940s.

Byrnes gifted the bottle to a close friend and neighbor, Francis Drake, whose family safeguarded the bottle for three generations, according to the press release.

While this may be the oldest known bottle of whiskey, it's nowhere near the most expensive. In 2019, the Macallan Fine and Rare 60-Year-Old 1926 became the most expensive bottle of wine or spirit ever auctioned when it sold for $1.9 million.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

This is an interesting one. Not they typical sweet side I prefer. Very peppery start, slight brown sugar notes, lingers on palate and leaves some maple syrup notes, but that's me.

Don't know that I would buy again, but was gifted from parents on their trip through that area pre covid. Name:  PXL_20210513_004131986~2.jpeg
Views: 673
Size:  62.5 KB

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I haven't had the Elijah Craig although I think I probably should ask for them to bring it in for our crew to try. I have had all of the Pappy bourbons (one after the next at work). Personally I think that the 23yo is getting on a bit. I liked the 20yo better which is nice since it sells for about $100 less a bottle than the 23. IMO the 23 has begun to pick up some of the charcoal notes that leave it feeling kind of flat. Sure, it's still a great whiskey and it's totally worth a taste if you can afford it. But, I think it loses some of the exuberance that it had when it was a bit younger. FWIW, I feel the same way about cognac and scotch. Anything over about 30yo starts to taste a little lackluster to me. I'd rather drink the 20's despite the fact that the older stuff has a more intriguing texture.
    Personally never impressed with any pappy's I've ever tasted. I haven't had all, but quite a few. I think it's more hype and limited supply than superior booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Personally never impressed with any pappy's I've ever tasted. I haven't had all, but quite a few. I think it's more hype and limited supply than superior booze.

Hardoooooo
    Decisions Decisions

I agree. Not that they’re bad - just not worth the trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I agree. Not that they’re bad - just not worth the trouble
    +100. A bottle of Old Weller's Antique or Larceny barrel proof scratches the same itch for 1/10 the price.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Otto Parts gave me the best bourbon I have ever tasted (this guy got serious class). I'm headed over to his house now and I'll ask what it was. Bourbon was the first thing I ever got drunk on and puked my guts out on it when I was a kid, so I refused it my whole life until he gave me some unbelievable stuff.

Choose your fighter:

^ Fine quiver. Looking forward to the review.

Oh damn I need to get some of the EC BP. I really like their standard stuff but can’t find the barrel proof around me

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Choose your fighter:

Damn dude. To this day ECBP is the finest bourbon I have tasted yet. Stellar juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Oh damn I need to get some of the EC BP. I really like their standard stuff but can’t find the barrel proof around me
    That's sad. It's delicious.

More sad? I'm actually out of bourbon. I feel ashamed.

That's sad. It's delicious.

More sad? I'm actually out of bourbon. I feel ashamed.

send me ur address

and I'll mail you some high west

mostly so you can compare it to that superior jersey juice

I'll throw in beans too

I try to snap them up as I see them. The C920 was in a local allotment this spring. It’s excellent. I found the B521 out of state in June, and just opened it tonight. Also excellent. I haven’t done a side-by-side yet though.

On a Heaven Hill, note, I finally bought a bottle of Pikesville and now I’m kicking myself for not trying it sooner. Probably my favorite rye to date, but I’ve never seen it locally.

Been enjoying Woodinville's straight bourbon whiskey, recently. I had their 100% rye based on a recommendation and it was really good for the $$. I am not disappointed in either offering.

Bottom line: has there ever been an undrinkable bourbon??

Kentucky Gentleman

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm giving my unopened bottle EC Barrel Proof to my brother-in-law for his birthday. I've got other bourbons I prefer and I know he's a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by donutlynx View Post
    Been enjoying Woodinville's straight bourbon whiskey, recently. I had their 100% rye based on a recommendation and it was really good for the $$. I am not disappointed in either offering.
    regularly available at costco here to for about 10% less than other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Kentucky Gentleman

Not sure how they’re even legally allowed to label “bourbon” that shit is 51% bourbon and 49% grain neutral spirits (aka everclear)

I got in line for our Stagg Jr allocation but was one person too deep in the line. Since I’d stood in line like a schmuck I bought a Blanton’s. I think that expression has gotten really variable in quality (and wouldn’t have bothered to go just for that), but they definitely know how to make a pretty presentation.

Honestly I might sit on this and use it as a gift now that the hype around Blanton’s has gotten this high.

I got in line for our Stagg Jr allocation but was one person too deep in the line. Since I’d stood in line like a schmuck I bought a Blanton’s. I think that expression has gotten really variable in quality (and wouldn’t have bothered to go just for that), but they definitely know how to make a pretty presentation.

Honestly I might sit on this and use it as a gift now that the hype around Blanton’s has gotten this high.
    Saw a bottle locally for $200, pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used a top of a Blanton's bottle as a Finial in our den for years.

Good booze, but I have others I prefer for the cost.

I think Blanton's is a good bourbon at the normal price, but not worth some of the prices being asked. I haven't seen Blanton's or several other Buffalo Trace products around here in a long time so I'd bet there would be plenty of people that would pay much higher prices for Blanton's.