Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I am not a bourbon drinker usually but I have become smitten with Eagle Rare, it is very tasty.
    Click. Point. Chute.

if you dont want ice pollution,try a brandy snifter

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

Gotta disagree with you there Hayduke. A snifter concentrates the alcoholic vapors too much and causes a major burning sensation in the nose and eyes when you swirl the liquor in it and then have a deep sniff. I really only use my snifters for tasting wine at home. In that case the alcohol content is so much lower that they don't burn my nose but they do concentrate the aromas and magnify faults. For liquor like brandy, rum, and absinthe I usually rock a little cordial glass. Whiskey allways goes into a rocks glass in my house unless we're doing cocktails with it.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Bookers.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    Bookers.
    Blantons doesn't suck either.

one small rocks glass

2 cubes ice

3 fingers blantons

repeat as required
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

doughboyshredder Guest
    goddamn this thread makes me want to drink again.

Your better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    Blantons doesn't suck either.

one small rocks glass

2 cubes ice

3 fingers blantons

repeat as required
    I'm no expert. I just know that there is a bottle in my bar and I like it. Especially since it was free. I have to keep my roommate and gf from pouring cocktails with it......so I'm drinking it as fast as possible. It beats the Johnny Walker red that I normally consume large amounts of.....

Bookers.
    One of my faves for the price range.
    Silent....but shredly.

My dog's name is Booker Noe. I'm that guy.

I'm no expert. I just know that there is a bottle in my bar and I like it. Especially since it was free. I have to keep my roommate and gf from pouring cocktails with it......so I'm drinking it as fast as possible. It beats the Johnny Walker red that I normally consume large amounts of.....
    Bookers is some good stuff, no doubt. Most of those small batch bourbons are really good.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    2 cubes ice
    Don't you blaspheme in here!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

i love bourbon and whiskey, but have not been able to just sip it straight until i tasted this.

that with 2 cubes of ice is pure heaven. unfortunately, only available in a few states right now. i was in nyc over new years and kept asking and no one had it, or even heard of it.
    "If you are not nervous about your passion, you are not passionate enough about it."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tionaries3.jpg

just tried some Elmer T Lee and am very pleased
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Just shared this with my friend that has a certain oral fixation, (female) I liked it, a lot. She drank it, a lot.
    http://morrellwine.com/product_descr...gn=frooglefeed

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by bedoe View Post
    Just shared this with my friend that has a certain oral fixation, (female) I liked it, a lot. She drank it, a lot.
    http://morrellwine.com/product_descr...gn=frooglefeed
    related to ron white by chance?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutStoli View Post
    i love bourbon and whiskey, but have not been able to just sip it straight until i tasted this.

that with 2 cubes of ice is pure heaven. unfortunately, only available in a few states right now. i was in nyc over new years and kept asking and no one had it, or even heard of it.
    Interesting... I almost bought their peach flavored whiskey tonight. Their gin is mindblowinglyunfuckingbelievably good if you haven't tried it yet. Best I've ever had. You haven't had a martini until you've had one with Leopolds. Thank you Eric Felten for the recommendation! Speaking of recommendations and liquor store visits this evening...

My favoritest liquor store in the whole world came through for me tonight and then some. The place is like a crack emporium. The whole online world is out of George T Stagg, but of course Aloha liquor in little ol' Carson City had a bottle lying around.

Because the place is a crack emporium, I had to look around a little too. I was staring at a couple of bottles of Ardbeg when one of the clerks mentioned that they had open bottles of most of their whiskey behind the counter. Turns out their tasting counter has gotten a little bigger since my last visit. They have open bottles of most of their best stuff just so you can try before you buy. Seriously, who does that? The place rocks. Anyway, I was gonna pass, but then I said what the eff and had a sip of the Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist...fuck...smokey radness...plus the aftertaste lingered for what seemed like an eternity and was layered with oh so much goodness even after I left the store...wallet crying...liver happy...I heart Islays.

Anyway, regarding the glass of Stagg I'm drinking right now...oooooooooooooorrrrghhhh...

Dear Woodsy,

I heart you.

Sincerely,
    Arty
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

On the other end of the spectrum I don't think you can beat Buffalo Trace. It has qualities that Bourbons twice the price have. $28

Quote Originally Posted by soylent green View Post
    On the other end of the spectrum I don't think you can beat Buffalo Trace. It has qualities that Bourbons twice the price have. $28
    21.99 in NH. so good for the buck. My go to when not devouring Eagle Rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

but the 23 year old. Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old. Anybody ever tried it? Because he wants $20 for a neat glass.
    That's a pretty good price.

Quote Originally Posted by soylent green View Post
    Buffalo Trace Distillery makes Blanton's, Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, and others...

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Buffalo Trace Distillery makes Blanton's, Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, and others...
    Yes, good distillery group and each Bourbon has distinct characteristics. Great stuff.

I had the distinct pleasure of tasting samples from 6 individual barrels of Buffalo Trace a couple of months ago. Three of us decided which barrel we liked the best and then bought the whole thing. The Buff Trace folks pulled that barrel and bottled it just for us. F'in delicious and a steal for single barrel at under $25 on the shelf. Gonna buy a barrel of Sazerac Rye next I hope.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

fighting cock.. 6 years, 103 proof, tasty.. a little on the sweeter side, but goes great with water. always bring a mix or two out skiing.. we buy it by the case (ends up at ~$23 a bottle) because only one store in town carries it and only carries one bottle at a time, and i have to chuckle a little every time we get a phone message that our fighting cock is in.. mm..
    we just don't have the selection up here on bourbons.. sad.. never seen most of those mentioned above. we have the booker lineup (basil haydens, etc) and that's about it for "fancy" bourbons. someday we'll get to try some others..

My store has both the leopolds and all of the buffalo trace stuff. Might just have to head over there tonight.