Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1933
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    This is fantastic!! Attachment 411167
    They’re releasing an Ocean rye soon

Scored two bottles of Buffalo Trace single barrel for $60 each.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    I bought a case of that from a store in CA several years ago for $30 a bottle. It was awesome.

Buddy hooked me up with a taste of this stuff, best I’ve ever had by far. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3799.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	411263

Bring on the spring!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2180-preview.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	793.6 KB 
ID:	412238
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I guess you like the CaveHill?

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Just got another single barrel in the other day and the wholesale cost was $18. Always bums me out to see retailers marking that stuff up so much.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

This is fantastic!! Attachment 411167
    I've got a 3rd Voyage that tastes like salted caramel. It's outstanding.
    I still call it The Jake.

Damn Schindler that's a sweet setup. How many of those bottles are open and in the current rotation?

I just got this. Smooth and easy to drink. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220507_205117197.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	415637

I’m realizing I really like wheated bourbons. Elijah Craig is my daily drinker, but I’ve gotten hooked on Weller’s even though it’s impossible to get in Washington. Any other suggestions for good wheated bourbons? I’m partial to higher proofs and looking for under $100/bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I’m realizing I really like wheated bourbons. Elijah Craig is my daily drinker, but I’ve gotten hooked on Weller’s even though it’s impossible to get in Washington. Any other suggestions for good wheated bourbons? I’m partial to higher proofs and looking for under $100/bottle.
    Larceny, from the same people that make Elijah Craig,, is an affordable wheated. It’s the only bourbon Heaven Hill uses a unique mashbill for, last I knew.

Bernheim for sure
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Maker’s Mark makes some interesting wheated expressions. I’m working on a bottle of Weller Antique 107 that I really like, and Maker’s cask strength, 46, and private selections aren’t too hard to find.

And Larceny barrel proof is great, if you can find it. Try their small batch. Also Old Fitzgerald. .

Excellent, thanks friends. I’m working on filling out the liquor cabinet right now. Today I barely missed the last bottle of Blanton’s for $60 MSRP. Apparently the Idaho liquor stores only get a tiny handful a year and I was barely late to snag one.

The one I posted right above was really good.

Excellent, thanks friends. I’m working on filling out the liquor cabinet right now. Today I barely missed the last bottle of Blanton’s for $60 MSRP. Apparently the Idaho liquor stores only get a tiny handful a year and I was barely late to snag one.
    One of the stores locally in SE ID gets a few cases in per week, its not as rare here as you'd think. They get state deliveries on a set day and set out 'rare' whiskeys a few days later. Restaurants or those in cahoots usually get in on it before that happens. It is nice that they charge retail and don't gouge on it though.

I get 1-2 shots at OWA each year; sometimes I grab one, sometimes not. I’d buy W12 every day at $35 if I still could but those days are gone.

I think regular Makers is very meh, but I do like their cask strength quite a lot. I generally have one on hand. I’ve also heard a number of people sing the praises is their 101, but I haven’t gotten around to buying a bottle. That’s about it for the wheaters in my cabinet.

Wyoming Whiskey has gotten much better from their early days. They hired one of the best blenders in the business to do some QA/QC and build a program to produce consistent batches for bottling. They’re a wheated bourbon. They aren’t the cheapest option on the shelf though, since they don’t have the economy of scale the big producers do.

I have a bottle of 2019 (116.9 proof) George T. Stagg. Not Stagg Jr., the big boy. Anyone interested in buying? Located in Jackson, happy to hand off or ship. Used to work for a booze retailer that shipped bottles so I would be paranoid on wrapping it the right way, but would still rather not.

Quote Originally Posted by Get.Kronk View Post
    I have a bottle of 2019 (116.9 proof) George T. Stagg. Not Stagg Jr., the big boy. Anyone interested in buying? Located in Jackson, happy to hand off or ship. Used to work for a booze retailer that shipped bottles so I would be paranoid on wrapping it the right way, but would still rather not.
    Have been holding it for years debating to drink it or sell it. Big cocktail guy and definitely a spirits nerd, but not that level of bourbon nerd. Can't see myself enjoying it as much as it could be worth if that makes sense. And I don't have the means to be a collector, despite what my home bar looks like.

How much could it be worth? I mean you paid retail, right? So like a hundred bucks?

Yeah, I’ll take it for $100.

The one I posted right above was really good.
    Middle West Spirits is a really cool distillery and puts out a very nice product. It's different from just about every other distillery I've been to in that is has an amazing restaurant serving some very elevated food inside it called Service Bar.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I get 1-2 shots at OWA each year; sometimes I grab one, sometimes not. I’d buy W12 every day at $35 if I still could but those days are gone.

I think regular Makers is very meh, but I do like their cask strength quite a lot. I generally have one on hand. I’ve also heard a number of people sing the praises is their 101, but I haven’t gotten around to buying a bottle. That’s about it for the wheaters in my cabinet.

Wyoming Whiskey has gotten much better from their early days. They hired one of the best blenders in the business to do some QA/QC and build a program to produce consistent batches for bottling. They’re a wheated bourbon. They aren’t the cheapest option on the shelf though, since they don’t have the economy of scale the big producers do.
    I'll second the comments on Maker's Mark. The cask strength is really good, I like the 101 and also have the Maker's 46 french oak, which is good as well. Larceny is a decent wheated bourbon on lower cost scale. If you can find Larceny barrel proof I'd recommend that as well. I sampled the barrel proof at a family member's place, but am unable to find the barrel proof around here so I don't know the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Middle West Spirits is a really cool distillery and puts out a very nice product. It's different from just about every other distillery I've been to in that is has an amazing restaurant serving some very elevated food inside it called Service Bar.
    I'm kind of hoping that the company I rep for that's based in Columbus wants us to come for a sales meeting so I can visit the place. I really enjoyed that bottle.