Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1924
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Local shop recommended this Bib and Tucker 92 proof 6 year. Absolutely phenomenal
    Attachment 352197
    I agree this has been one of my go-to’s for the last couple years. Got to try the 12yr BP as well, absolutely fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Local shop recommended this Bib and Tucker 92 proof 6 year. Absolutely phenomenal
    Attachment 352197
    I haven't seen it, will pick up a bottle when I do.

I got a lot of bottles recently.
    Been impressed with several.

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof from this last year is very, very good. Up there with some of my all time favorites. It's hot, so I have to warm up to it a little.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I haven't seen it, will pick up a bottle when I do.

I got a lot of bottles recently.
    Been impressed with several.

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof from this last year is very, very good. Up there with some of my all time favorites. It's hot, so I have to warm up to it a little.
    Yeah that Elijah is very nice. Think we about killed a bottle over turkey day. My dad and I like bourbon, maybe a bit too much sometimes.

John Daly's charity is having a raffle. $100 tickets, limit of 2,000 tickets to be sold. Winner gets quite a haul, 10 bottles including Pappy (23, 20, 15, 12 and 10) and Buffalo Trace Antique collection (Eagle Rare 17, Weller, Stagg, Sazerac)

https://www.jdme.org/product/the-wor...on-pappy-btac/

Quote Originally Posted by alembical View Post
    John Daly's charity is having a raffle. $100 tickets, limit of 2,000 tickets to be sold. Winner gets quite a haul, 10 bottles including Pappy (23, 20, 15, 12 and 10) and Buffalo Trace Antique collection (Eagle Rare 17, Weller, Stagg, Sazerac)

Woah
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by alembical View Post

Dream collection.

A whole herd of unicorns there.

Not a bad price.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

does any mag in a legal state want to enter on my behalf? i'll let you keep a bottle if i win

i hate utah sometimes

tgapp,
    I would be willing to do that. Pappy15 for me if you win? You should message me if you want me to follow through. We would need to think about how to get the bottles to you from Portland, OR, but we can worry about after they draw my name.

That's only like a week's supply for John.

tgapp shoot me a PM if you do want to get entered and can't find anyone. It'd make up for the coffee hookup.

I could throw an entry for you. Bottles would be in Boise.

Save your money, I entered - I’m feeling lucky, and expect to win.

Maybe I missed it but kentucky can now ship booze to legal states. Might make it a bit easier for some to try those hard to find spirits.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

I treated my bootfitter to a bottle of Blanton's I had kicking around. He returned the favor with a pour of Macallan Sienna while he was mounting my ski's. Right now I'm definitely enjoying and Old Elk store pick.
    Training for Alpental

For the ship from KY, try Justin’s house of bourbon for awesome barrel picks, great knowledgeable staff and if you have to money, any wild unicorn you ever wanted is probably in their collection
    Harvest the ride.

Not sure if I ever shared this here. Sorry the portion about bonded whiskies is smudged
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4072A907-348D-4E3A-8FE5-1385DD177FB6.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	644.7 KB 
ID:	357368

Name:	75674818-889E-4528-A679-6B0150F42DFE.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	688.2 KB 
ID:	357369

Name:	A7522EAE-F656-4B95-AAC9-3C68F489FEA5.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	568.7 KB 
ID:	358305

I picked up Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Proof for a good price this afternoon after martial arts. I'm interested in comparing to to Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit barrel select.

Helena got a couple cases of ECBP. By far the highest proof I’ve sipped neat. Not that hot in the palate but you don’t want too many neat sips before adding some water. Tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Helena got a couple cases of ECBP. By far the highest proof I’ve sipped neat. Not that hot in the palate but you don’t want too many neat sips before adding some water. Tasty.

Sorry but I thought this was a nice smooth bourbon. For sure wasn't too hot for me. Everyone is different. However I believe any type of water added to a bottle like that is simply ruining it's intended flavor profile. If you have to add water to make it easier to drink, maybe it's not the bourbon for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Sorry but I thought this was a nice smooth bourbon. For sure wasn't too hot for me. Everyone is different. However I believe any type of water added to a bottle like that is simply ruining it's intended flavor profile. If you have to add water to make it easier to drink, maybe it's not the bourbon for you?

never thought i'd say this

but i agree with skidog on this one, 100%. no water. please. beautiful fucking bourbon though.

and - just kidding skidog. i'm sure we could be friends, as long as we agree to ski in jersey and eat in slc (am i getting this right?)

IME the thing about ECBP is that each bottling is noticeably different - they’re identified by an Alpha numeric code. I’m currently working on a bottle of B520 (I think) and it drinks hotter than the last bottle of C919 (I think), which was very smooth.

So, it varies significantly between bottlings.

I used to see this nice whiskey guy, Buzz, from time to time. More than a decade ago when he was working for sazerac he ran me and the crew thru a full pappy lineup, 10 to 23. He was an advocate of a few drops of water to break an older whiskey open and reveal some of the flavors and aromas that sat latent in their unamended form. Hopefully he's still preaching the gospel. I do not add water to my Elijah barrel proof but I certainly don't begrudge those who do as they represent a more genteel, thinking class of drunks.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I’m not sure I said it was hot. I think I wrote the opposite- or at least I intended too. It’s not hot at all. That said, at 66%, I could feel my palate start to deaden a bit after half a Glencairn. The dick swinging about “if you have to add water to make it easier to drink” is out of place, and frankly uninformed.