Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    That rug really ties the room together.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That rug really ties the room together.
    I'll let Mrs. Rontele know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Breckenridge Brewery has free tastings Wednesday-Sunday 3-9. They got a bourbon and a vodka. I tried both this weekend, and both are pretty tasty.

And I know its not bourbon, but I had some Laphroaig scotch about a month ago, holy shit, that stuff is good!

Shit brewed in Breckenridge isn't burbon either.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

True, but it was tasty, and free.

Stopped by our local liquor shop tonight to pick up some wine and a bottle of Bulleit for dinner tonight. Shop keep said that I needed to try out Corner Creek 8 year old bourbon - $20 a bottle.

Really tasty with a super smoove finish. Will go along side the Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare in the everyday collection.Attachment 96269
    I'll have to pick up a bottle once we close on the place in a week and change... I need an everyday'er, this stuff gets expensive.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

The Corner Creek is a great every day'er. Need to pick up a few more bottles.

Soooo, if I just had some Macallan 25 year anniversary scotch and didn't really like it, should I just give up on this stuff. Self admittedly, I am a gin man.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Soooo, if I just had some Macallan 25 year anniversary scotch and didn't really like it, should I just give up on this stuff. Self admittedly, I am a gin man.
    Yes completely give up on it. My mailing address PM'd !
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

I would totally trade someone for a handle of Hendricks, but it ain't mine. I'm house sitting for my in-laws and saw it in the back of their liquor cabinet, so I poured myself a taste just to give it another go. It was...okay I guess. About like JW Blue Label. Remember, I really hate this stuff, so I don't drink it unless it's supposedly worth drinking. So, out of curiosity at the liquor store the next day, I go look for it. The only 25 year bottle they had was $650. So this stuff is supposed to be good right?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Yeah, but it can be an acquired taste for many. $650 ? Serious bones for any liquid. I don't like anything I eat or drink enough to spend that kind of cash

Neither do my in-laws. They drink Evan Williams instead of Jack when they really don't have to, but they have nice friends, and it was a gift.
    Last edited by guroo270; 04-22-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Seriously nice friends.

Yeah, no shit. Damn good friends.

On a side note, guroo, you should try Leopolds gin. So ridiculously good.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Yeah, no shit. Damn good friends.

On a side note, guroo, you should try Leopolds gin. So ridiculously good.
    Gin in a Bourbon thread makes baby drunk Jesus weep.

Gin in a Bourbon thread makes baby drunk Jesus weep.
    Baby drunk Jesus is already weeping cause he can only afford to drink the 'shine his brother/father makes on the back porch.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Sorry to send the thread off track with the gin. I just have an aversion to brown liquors after new years 2000 in high school. 23 shots of Crown Royal mixed in with wine coolers and 7 crown at age 17 slightly scarred me for life.

Got a bottle of this and just poured my first snort:

Honestly, it's... meh. Kinda wimpy. Buffalo Trace is waaaaaay better at the price. Might just get rid of this one by mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Got a bottle of this and just poured my first snort:

Honestly, it's... meh. Kinda wimpy. Buffalo Trace is waaaaaay better at the price. Might just get rid of this one by mixing.
    That's why God made Ginger ale and limes.

Bourbon and Ginger is the Nectar of the Gods. NFL for me, tho.

(No Fucking Lime)

Buffalo Trace is still on sale around here and I'm digging it.

Ordered a jim and ginger tonight... got a gin and ginger. Not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

all I know is that this is a sweet bottle
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

I've tried to like burbon but it all comes off as really kind of sickly sweet for me. Is it just not my thing or am I just drinking the wrong ones?..... I kind of hate scotch as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

I disagree with Tipp that the Corner Creek is weak. I actually think it has a smoother finish than the Buffalo Trace.

Had some Van Winkle 10 last night. Amazing.