Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1933
    This was $60.75, essentially MSRP. I’m fortunate to have a local that basically sells at state minimum. IMO, Blanton’s has become more variable than I care for and I wouldn’t have gone out of my way to get one. But since I got skunked on Stagg Jr I figured I’d just as well buy something. They also had a few cases of WSR, but I wasn’t interested.

It’ll look nice on the sideboard, if nothing else.

Relevant:

Came across this at the Murray liquor store. For some reason it isn't limited allocation or lottery, even though it is an incredibly high demand bourbon.

Taste is very similar to Elijah Craig Barrel Proof or Old Weller Antique - huge brown sugar, raspberry, oak.

Picked up a few extra bottles in case any mag wants to trade.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Anyone know whats up with Blanton's availability/demand? used to be at every grocery store but haven't seen it in over a year. Good @ $60/bottle, not worth much more than that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Anyone know whats up with Blanton's availability/demand? used to be at every grocery store but haven't seen it in over a year. Good @ $60/bottle, not worth much more than that IMO.
    Blanton's has absolutely exploded in popularity over the past few years - bottles on the second-hand market are now going for $150 to $200.

Even at $60 a bottle I thought it was a mediocre buy at best - lots of cachet from the hand-numbered bottles, but I don't think it held up when compared to other single barrel bourbons like Evan Williams Single Barrel ($30/bottle) or Henry McKenna 10 year Single Barrel BiB (~$30-45/bottle). Now at $200 it's just plain ridiculous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Came across this at the Murray liquor store. For some reason it isn't limited allocation or lottery, even though it is an incredibly high demand bourbon.

Taste is very similar to Elijah Craig Barrel Proof or Old Weller Antique - huge brown sugar, raspberry, oak.

Picked up a few extra bottles in case any mag wants to trade.
    I was able to try Larceny BP and thought it was a lot better than the 92 proof version, but it is not available around here. I did just pick up Maker's Mark 101 Limited Edition and enjoyed it. I also picked up Red Breast 12 barrel proof.

Don't get me wrong, I'll drink Blanton's but at $62 in a controlled state and how tough it is to find, I don't drink much of it. Whenever we get a bottle pick, there are so many better options I cringe when I see people head straight for the Blantons. But it also means they passed over really good stuff for me to grab on my turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I was able to try Larceny BP and thought it was a lot better than the 92 proof version, but it is not available around here. I did just pick up Maker's Mark 101 Limited Edition and enjoyed it. I also picked up Red Breast 12 barrel proof.
    Yeah RB 12 BP has been on my list for a loooooooooooooong time.

Any chance you snagged an extra bottle??

Redbreast 12 BP is around $100 so I only picked up one bottle. While not a plentiful supply it is usually available.

The larceny BP is outstanding, picked up a bottle last fall and have only tasted it once, it’s hidden in my basement along with Elijah BP bookers etc. It’s a wheated mash bill (same juice as old Fitzgerald) so has a softer profile (even at BP) compared to rye backs like Elijah. Also picked up a Little Book which has some brown rice in the mash, haven’t tried it yet should be interesting as bookers has always been a go-to.

One to absolutely keep an eye out for are the redemption barrel proofs. 9yr bourbon around 109°, 10yr high rye bourbon (harder to find) and 10yr rye 116° are all some of the best juice I’ve tasted recently and at 80-100$ solid value. Word isn’t out quite yet with the hedge fund fan boys so it’s surprisingly available on shelves. *Full disclosure I actually work for Redemption*

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Blanton's has absolutely exploded in popularity over the past few years - bottles on the second-hand market are now going for $150 to $200.

Even at $60 a bottle I thought it was a mediocre buy at best - lots of cachet from the hand-numbered bottles, but I don't think it held up when compared to other single barrel bourbons like Evan Williams Single Barrel ($30/bottle) or Henry McKenna 10 year Single Barrel BiB (~$30-45/bottle). Now at $200 it's just plain ridiculous IMO.
    Absolutely agree.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by mt_wilson View Post

One to absolutely keep an eye out for are the redemption barrel proofs. 9yr bourbon around 109°, 10yr high rye bourbon (harder to find) and 10yr rye 116° are all some of the best juice I’ve tasted recently and at 80-100$ solid value. Word isn’t out quite yet with the hedge fund fan boys so it’s surprisingly available on shelves. *Full disclosure I actually work for Redemption*

say, you guys don't happen to have like an influencer program do you?

I can be influenced by bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by mt_wilson View Post
    The larceny BP is outstanding, picked up a bottle last fall and have only tasted it once, it’s hidden in my basement along with Elijah BP bookers etc. It’s a wheated mash bill (same juice as old Fitzgerald) so has a softer profile (even at BP) compared to rye backs like Elijah. Also picked up a Little Book which has some brown rice in the mash, haven’t tried it yet should be interesting as bookers has always been a go-to.

I think Larceny is overrated and pushed so hard by liquor store guys I think they must be making commission

Redemption, all styles is criminally underrated & affordable.

Mt Wilson let me know if they do any events in CT/NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I think Larceny is overrated and pushed so hard by liquor store guys I think they must be making commission

Redemption, all styles is criminally underrated & affordable.

Mt Wilson let me know if they do any events in CT/NYC.
    I respectfully disagree. At $50/bottle Larceny BP isn't cheap, but it is a solid dram. I still prefer ECBP (certain vintages) and Old Weller Antique (by a slim margin), but I see Larceny BP as a solid addition to a selection of barrel proof bourbons, especially this latest b521 release.

I've spent far more on shitty scotch whiskies, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    Redbreast 12 BP is around $100 so I only picked up one bottle. While not a plentiful supply it is usually available.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...=irish+whiskey
    please

Found some EC BP today in the RFV @ Sopris L&W, they had 4 bottles hanging out on the shelf, surprised. Batch # B521, seems to be a little less "hot" than previous bottles 118P vs. 132P. We'll see how it tastes.

Also had EC Straight Rye, had never seen it so picked up a bottle.

^^^ I'm usually the first to complain about lower proof on those Elijah releases lately but that b521 is really really good. I have some pretty ones that went as high as the low 140s and they're magnificent but this current release is every bit as complex but a touch more drinkable.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3427.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	383089

The Old Forrester 150th is damn good. Maybe worth its retail, definitely not worth its resale price though. The rest are not bourbon but was a good lineup for our beach week.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3427.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	383089

The Old Forrester 150th is damn good. Maybe worth its retail, definitely not worth its resale price though. The rest are not bourbon but was a good lineup for our beach week.
    love me some Foursquare, great taste

the oogy is fantastic as well but I'm still a Corry kinda guy

The Laubade was probably the best of them all frankly. Everything in that picture was great though. I’m not a big Irish whiskey guy but the Teeling was really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    The Laubade was probably the best of them all frankly. Everything in that picture was great though. I’m not a big Irish whiskey guy but the Teeling was really good too.

I'm also not much of an Irish whisky drinker, but I really like Teeling. For as common as it is, it's quite good. My daily is still RB12, and if I could, I'd drink blue spot every day..but that shit is hard to find.

Never really explored Armagnac beyond basic mixing bottles, but I would love to learn more.

To keep this on topic.. I'm drinking Stagg Jr. tonight

^^^ The 150 is tasty.

Another Old Forester offering that I really like is the 1920, less expensive - around $55.

Anyone have a Blantons “T” cap? Last letter I need. I’ve got trading stock. 1-B, 1-L, 1-O, 2-N:, 1-S. I’ve cut and filed mine so they sit flat.

Quote Originally Posted by donutlynx View Post
    ^^^ The 150 is tasty.

Another Old Forester offering that I really like is the 1920, less expensive - around $55.
    Yea, I wish I’d of had some to compare side by side.