Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1933
    It's not uncommon for old ones like that to be fairly low proof. Angel's share and whatnot.

Not for sale though. I'm guessing it would retail for $400ish.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I bought into a barrel of Secale Straight Rye bottled in bond from Laws Whiskey House about 4 years ago so I’m expecting a couple cases next week. Anybody try this?

^^^ That's a delicious whiskey. How did your barrel share get organized?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

They’re a client of one of my CPA buddies so not exactly sure. I think he just rounded up cash from a few friends and bought a couple barrels. One rye and one 4 grain.

You selling any of those bottles?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5572.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	260184

Little neighborhood watering hole gets the goods. Yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You selling any of those bottles?
    No probably not, sorry. Lots of gifting however.

Heads up bitches. Virginia ABC stores have 20% select bourbon's today--Spirited Thursdays!!

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/product...ited-thursdays
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I bought into a barrel of Secale Straight Rye bottled in bond from Laws Whiskey House about 4 years ago so I’m expecting a couple cases next week. Anybody try this?
    Didn't know that was a thing. What does a barrel cost?

I don’t know for sure but I think it was around $13k for the rye?

Idaho is a control state. I think Blanton's is around $60-70. Tough to find though. In control states, find the liquor store that supplies the nicer bars. I know where my local supplier store is. I always ask for a case of whatever I'm after is and they'll let go of a couple bottles for me. When I ask for one or two bottles, they tell me they're out. There's two ladies that work there-an Asian with a very thick accent and an anorexic smoker with leather skin. If I make small talk and flirt, they usually help me out. If the dudes are working, I don't even go in the store. Most of the stuff you can't find in the other stores in town is kept in back so you have to ask.

I've been drinking a copious amounts of EH Taylor Small Batch lately. About $40 a bottle and pretty great.

Local watering hole delivers:

Name:	032A37A0-4C0A-4161-A515-1C157EFF2153.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	672.1 KB 
ID:	260943

Fucking forum software can’t handle portrait mode.

I'd only ever seen 1 bottle of Pappy on a store shelf before today. Checked out a new liquor store in Reno this afternoon and holy shit, they had it all:

10 year was $400
    12 year was $500
    15 year was $1K
    20 year was $1.6K
    23 year was $2.5K

Most other prices were a bit high but they were asking $169 for a bottle of Blanton's which I saw in my local supermarket last week for $53. Whisky prices have gone insane!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

^That’s fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I've been drinking a copious amounts of EH Taylor Small Batch lately. About $40 a bottle and pretty great.
    Indeed. Have some Jefferson's Reserve as well and it doesn't hit my sweet spot like the Taylor does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Indeed. Have some Jefferson's Reserve as well and it doesn't hit my sweet spot like the Taylor does.
    Agreed. I do have a Jefferson’s Ocean Aged I’ve heard good things about waiting for a special occasion like the holidays to open up.

Dunno what it closed at but when I left today the silent auction bid (all donated to charity) for the 15y was $1350. Crazy...

Blanton’s has been impossible for me to find this year on the Front Range. Sure has gotten popular.

These all look great, but I have a problem with those 125 proof bourbons. My mind says, "Yeah, yeah, yeah....while my gullet says, "no, no NO."
    Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post

Name:	IMG_5572.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	260184

Little neighborhood watering hole gets the goods. Yummy.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I ran into my local yesterday to get some Rittenhouse for party supplies, and also managed to grab the last one of these on the shelf-

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I ran into my local yesterday to get some Rittenhouse for party supplies, and also managed to grab the last one of these on the shelf-

This has all but dried up in Oregon. Thankfully the bunker is stocked with backups. Almost mad I brought a bottle to my bootfitter/tuner.

On another note. Old Forester 1910 is super tasty.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    McKenna is becoming my go to bourbon. I’ve been sitting on the Weller SR and 107 I have since I don’t know when I’ll see more. Have still yet to find the 12. Larceny not a bad substitute for the SR, IMO.

Blantons has been scarcer lately as well.
    Just opened a bottle of the McKenna 10yr. Bottled in Bond. Rye heavy but super tasty, especially if you let it sit in your mouth a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Blanton’s has been impossible for me to find this year on the Front Range. Sure has gotten popular.
    Same thing around here. I had a family member pick one up for me when she was working on the east coast.

I’m a blantons guy, last night finally had bookers...I like it I like it alot
    Decisions Decisions

The finest bourbon I have tasted. Yet.

Looong week called for a few pours. Funny I didn’t really enjoy Elijah Craig Small Batch much at all. It was just fine. But just opened a Barrel Proof that is knocking my socks off.