Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Here is one of my favorite recipes...my mom's (kinda backwoods, but fuck is it good!)

1 box tuna shell noodles
    1 block of Velveta
    1 can of PBR
    1 can of SPAM

cook the shells and after draining, add the can of PBR, cook until it boils down, in the meantime, cut spam into chucks and heat up in frying pan.

Noodles done, add velveta and spam and mix it all up....eat.

Yummy!!!

dont use milk use sour cream

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Ummm.... how is that any different than the boxed stuff? Velveeta = Kraft product, the cheese sauce in the pouch in the box is mainly Velveeta cheese product and milk, and the noodles are noodles (I kinda like the shells.) Way less PITA than keeping Velveeta around just to occasionally make M&C, no?
    Dude, Velveeta is like Twinkies. It never goes bad. And then you can double up on the cheesy goodness, or doctor around with replacements for the milk. Besides, is there anything better than a velveeta and spam on honky white death bread grilled?
    Living vicariously through myself.

A true redneck microwaves his velveeta and spam sammys.

A couple years ago I came back from skiing hard all day, and hadn't eaten anything. Had little more than a bottle of jameson in the cupboards, and no cash to go grocery shopping. Started sipping on the booze, kinda forgot I was hungry. A friend came over and smoked me up, hunger came back with renewed vigor. Soon found a box of velveeta and shells tucked way back in the cupboard over the stove, cooked and ate the entire thing. I don't think my stomach has ever felt so disgusting, and I once ate taco bell 3 times in 12 hours. I'm pretty sure most of that cheese is still in me somewhere. Haven't touched the stuff since.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Stuck in the Live Music Capital of the World
    There was a recipe in Skiing about two years ago that is really good. All it needed was some bacon...

8 tbls butter
    6 tsp flour
    1/2 tsp cayenne
    3 3/4 cups milk
    4 cups grated cheddar cheese (6 is better)
    1 lb macaroni
    1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
    (optional - 4-5 thin strips crispy bacon - crumbled & sprinkled on top)

Start cooking pasta.

Melt the butter in a separate pan , add flour & spices, then add hot milk stir until it thickens. Then add two cups of cheese until melted.

Drain cooked pasta and mix with cheese sauce. Spread 1/2 cup (or more) of cheddar cheese on the bottom of large baking dish. Layer macaroni, then grated cheese, then macaroni. Top with remaining graded cheese and then with the heavy cream. Sprinke breadcrumbs sauteed in a pat of butter over everything and bake - 350° for 30 minutes.

Have a beer with it... enjoy.

advres Guest
    1 lb Elbow macaroni
    1 can Campbell's cream of celery soup (or cream of mushroom)
    1 lb American Cheese
    1 tube Ritz crackers
    1/2 stick of margarine/butter
    1 chicken breast
    1/2 package steamed broccoli
    milk

While boiling macaroni according to box directions -

Put can of soup in saucepan - add 2 cans of milk. While simmering this on low heat, add about 3/4 lb of of cheese. Just take slices and break them into small pieces. While simmering, they will melt in. Add a few shakes of pepper. In the end, you will have a thick soup - no chunks of cheese showing.

Take ritz crackers and put in bowl - mash with a potato masher, or crush by hand. You can either melt 1/2 stick margarine or butter in pan, then add crackers and stir, or melt butter in microwave and pour over crackers and stir in.

Mix chopped up cooked chicken breast, 1/2 bag steamed broccoli and the cooked macaroni. Put the cooked mixture in casserole dish, add soup mixture (it will be very soupy, don't worry, macaroni will absorb the soup). Place the remaining slices of cheese on top of macaroni and soup.

Cover with buttered ritz crackers.

Bake @350 about 15 minutes - just till crackers get brown.

I know... it sounds weird but it is awesome!

advres Guest
    I decided to make it today... yum.

the new Brew Pub in my town does a mean Lobster Mac and Cheese for $16.96 with the crunchies on top.

Thanks Jimmy: Pancetta & Lobster Macaroni & Cheese Recipe

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

My buddy has a killa Mac n cheese recipe, next time I watch him make I will have to write it down. He makes a rue or what ever it’s called and slowly works two kinds of cheese into that. He partially cooks the noodles and when it all is combined they finish cooking in the oven.

Recently I got a LTS bucket of Chefs Banquet mac n cheese. Made a bit to try it out and it was not bad. I like to add crumbled bacon to most of mine but not too much.

Bon appetite
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    The only acceptable boxed M&C product:

The Annie's stuff tastes chalky, IMHO.
    Kids like Annie’s. Not sure why.

But velveta. Ugh. Cheese should not come oozing out of a foil pouch.

And for that matter it shouldn’t be a dry powder.

It should be cheese. In a cheese shape and form.
    With or without mold.
    . . .

There is only one true Mac 'n' Cheese and it is from the Clarkston Union in Clarkston, MI.

Although Kenji Lopez-Alts recipe in the Food Lab Cookbook is pretty damn good too.

Name:  IMG_6128.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  18.7 KB
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Name:  IMG_6128.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  18.7 KB
    That's why you go big with the green chile.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague