Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    In Anchortown looking to get my career on track

North America's Strongest Beer

Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Any mention of Sam Adams and Dogfish Head together is just unfair to Dogfish Head.

The biggest problem with Utopias is that it doesn't taste very good. More power to the SA folks for pushing the envelope, but I certainly won't be forking over the nearly $200 for a bottle any time soon. At $10 a bottle I'll drink the World Wide Stout or 120 Minute IPA (both 20ish% ABV) instead.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I had a squatters brewery beer "the devastator" - a double bock at 8% for lunch. I got tipsy. I did not pay $150.00 for it.

It was quite tasty though.

A friend's girlfriend who knows I'm into beer and does PR type work for Sam Adams gave me a bottle on Thanksgiving. Not a fan at all. I'd feel incredibly stupid if I had paid $150 for it. In fact, I'll be hard pressed to find an occasion to finish the bottle. To me, once alcohol gets about 12% or so, it gets in the way of drinkability, partly due to booziness, partly due to the inevitably large amount of residual sugars remaining after fermentation. When you're talking beer, who cares how good it tastes if you don't even want to finish your glass because it's too overwhelming.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

the picture of that "beer" make it look incredibly unappetizing

looks like the pushed the envelope straight into the garbage to me

or a lot like the sake of doing something because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by dRider View Post
    Any mention of Sam Adams and Dogfish Head together is just unfair to Dogfish Head.
    Samual Adams makes more than a few tasty beers. Their cream stout is one of my favorites. No need to shit on them just cuz they're not a microbrewery.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
    Samual Adams makes more than a few tasty beers. Their cream stout is one of my favorites. No need to shit on them just cuz they're not a microbrewery.
    They really aren't on the same level, imho. I am an admitted beer snob and have drank many a Sam Adams beer--but I would definitely choose a Dog Fish Head 60, 90, or 120 minute IPA over a Sam Adams anything. Although the keg of Winter Lager in the kegerator is pretty tasty and is growing on me. Now, if the Boston Beer Co came out with a IIPA or just a good IPA I would probably change my mind.
    Just ski down there and jump of a somethin' fer cryin' out loud!

-Pain McShlonkey

Just posting to spout my love for Dogfish Head. They get me drunk quite often and they make my mouth very happy in the process.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Not sure I grasp the whole "unfair" comment. I, too, love Dogfish Head. I'm from Boston and I'll take 'em over Sam Adams. If only I could find their beer in Bozeman.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

60 min is the dank
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Around here:
    90 min is $10 / 4 pack
    Sam Adams Boston Lager is $8 / 6 pack

Special Friday = 90 min
    Every other day = SABL

Beerconomics

^^^^

Gator, FYI, you get slightly more buzz/dollar with the 90 min:

4.75% * 6 = .285
    9% * 4 = .36

.36/10 = .036

which is greater than

.285/8 = .035625

That's without even considering how much tastier 90 min is.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

I want some
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Dont get me wrong, dogfish head is the shizzle. I'm a big fan of their palo alto marron. but Samuel Adams doesnt deserve to be written off either...what other big commercial brewery has a beer for pretty much every style, 4 different imperials and all kinds of seasonals available in all 50 states? They might be a big commercial entity now but Jim Koch started as a homebrewer just like the rest of us. he's just the one out of a million that made it hbig

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

http://www.samueladams.com/promotion...g/Default.aspx

Lots of fellow brewers would be up a creek if it weren't for TBBC...

I like both Sammy Adams and DFH (yes, also prefer the latter) but this whole "strongest beer" thing needs to go the way of the Dodo. It's fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I like both Sammy Adams and DFH (yes, also prefer the latter) but this whole "strongest beer" thing needs to go the way of the Dodo. It's fucking stupid.
    Agreed. I choose beer for the flavor, not the alcohol content. As mentioned, most really high alcohol content beers don't taste good. One of my faves is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and at near 7% it's plenty strong enough for me. If all I want to do is get drunk for cheap I'll buy something awful like Mickey's ice or go straight to Vodka.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    From a pure brewing science sense its actually pretty cool, but other than that I couldn't agree more.

I've had the Utopias and a buddy is hooking me up with that 32% penguin beer but I've yet to have anything that is really drinkable over %20.

Nothing more than a novelty beverage.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

http://www.unibroue.com/en/home/

these people brew some beers that will kick yer ass ,wreck yer car and steal yer girlfriend

This beer is so strong that it makes you able to see Russia from your front porch.

i like dogfishhead but the 120 min. ipa is not a good beer.

Brooklyn Imperial Chocolate Stout FTW.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community