Need BBQ Help Quick!

I have 5 hours till dinner needs to be ready. Is that enough time to cook a rack or two of ribs? Keep in mind that the ribs are frozen to about -8* right now as I type this and I'd like to get at least some smoker time on them even if I have to use the oven due to the short time frame. I could always do something else. But I'm sort of feeling like gnawing on a couple of rib bones while I watch the MNF game tonight. Is 5 hours enough time to cook frozen unbrined baby back ribs to a point that they're fall-off-the-bone tneder?

If I do have time, what do you folks think about cooking ribs in the oven? Time? Temp? Wrap in foil? Covered on a baking sheet? Boil them briefly first? Help. Otherwise I'm gonna pull a beautiful home made lasagna out of the freezer and get it rolling.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

if you really gotta....

run them under cold to just barely not ice cold running water to thaw. could take an hour or two. if you;re really desperate, use the low defrost setting on the microwave. be careful, dont want to microwave cook them.

then simmer them until nearly done. add some aromatics/herbs/spices/salt to the boiling water to flavor them up some. you can simmer them in the oven (ala pot roast) or in a pot on the stove. maybe a couple hours?

then toss them in the smoker for an hour or so to finish off, take on a little smoke. if you're gonna rub them, keep it light because they wont have the same time for everything to cook in. maybe a little grill time to carmelize some sauce on.

personally, i'd toss them in the fridge and let them thaw for a couple days and enjoy the lasagna.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

something like what fez said

id be more aggressive with the thawing technique
    room temp water bath, change water every 20
    should be good to go in an hour'ish

if you have the tools, id consider doing the ribs sous-vide with your dry rub, some herbs, maybe some liquid smoke.i say this to help cut down on time a bit and to also take care of the eventuality that the ribs are still a little frozen around the bone, it wont affect the final product nearly as much as it would if you were to just throw it in a hot environment. The light simmering should also help to tenderize the meat...one would think nearly twice or more as fast as would happen in a smoker.

soak a ton of wood chips, and throw them in your smoker, get it going with crazy amounts of smoke and a moderaterly high heat (think moderate searing temp for steak). Throw on something that will caramelize, maybe some bacon or salt pork to keep it moist, and finish in there for 20-30ish minutes to dry off the meat and give it some natural smokes.

20-30 doesnt sound like much compared to regular smoking, but its been enough time in my experience to impart lots of good smokiness to steaks I do.

and dont be afraid of ribs with a bite
    not everything has to be fall of the bone (like korean short ribs...mmm)
    maybe thats sacrilege, i dont know, but i think theres something to be said for that as well.

Are they in those vacuum sealed thingys? I thaw shit out in no time by just filling the sink with cold water and throwing it in (in zip lock or vac sealed). Change the water a few times. You could have them thawed in an hour. I can get baby backs fall off the bone good in 2 hours on the grill. You should be go to go.

Edit: Ha! 2 minutes too late...

Damn. It really sounds like this could be done, but I'm worried about the end product. I've never done them in the oven or in a pot before. I just checked the spice cabinet and it seems that I don't have enough rub mixed to properly season them. Maybe Fez is right. Defrost the lasagna. Save the ribs for a weekend when I have a bit more time. I really should have thought about this earlier today. God I love some ribs...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I've done this before on a fishing trip so I know it can be done. This isn't the best way to cook ribs, but it gets the job done.

Rinse under cold water just to get the ice off the outside.
    Remove tissue on the back side of ribs if possible.
    Cut ribs in half.
    Put said ribs in crock pot
    Put entire bottle of BBQ sauce in. (We used the large bottle of Sweet Baby Rays)
    Fill to the top with water after sauce is in.
    Cook on high for 4 hours or until internal temp of 160
    Pull out of crock pot and place on hot grill
    Continue to glaze with BBQ sauce over hot grill until you get a nice outer texture.

Enjoy ribs.