Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnPinhead View Post
    Research some awesome facts about Jesus and continually interrupt her with tidbits from your Jesus quiver. Maybe you can outdo her in discussion topics that most people don't want to hear about.
    Oh yeah! This is an idea you can put to work.

You should apologize just so that you can implement this strategy over the Xmas party season.

Or you could consider becoming a Mormon and focus your mission on her house.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Forget etiquette, the woman's a douche, and you two can not play nice.

The only real problem is your wife. Simple tell her you can't deal with the woman, and while she can go to the parties if she feels like it, you would prefer not to go.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I am very strict with myself about conversation amoungst friends and enemies - no politics or religion, and, lately, no global warming bull shit, although I guess that's politics. Makes for much better social evenings.
    Gotta agree with Benny on this one liv2ski.

But it sounds like your wife's friend is a crusader and isn't going to be dissuaded from talking about it. My answer to people like that is the same as yours, avoid them. Crusaders are some of the most annoying people in the world, it doesn't matter if I agree, disagree or are indifferent to their views. It's not about whether I agree with their views or not, it is the rude, inconsiderate, closed minded approach to the people around them that turns me off and I don't keep them as friends, but I have that luxury. Good luck with the wife.
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

You seriously stormed out so you could email her your "sources". Thats funny. I can't imagine a situation or topic where, as a guest in somebodies home, people who I consider friends, would I act like a petulant child and storm out.

apoligize to your wife for your boorish behaviour. remind her that her friend insists on going down that road, and in the future you will not be suckered into these discussions. hopefuly your wife will step up and clue in her friend. if not just drink to excess and slur the words " oh, bugger off".

BSS Guest
    Mcsuqared beat me to it. You left a heated real life argument in order to go continue it on the internet??? That's just wack.

Sounds like you all probably suck at drinking.

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    You = FAIL.

I bet you still think "Global Warming" is real too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Gotta agree with Benny on this one liv2ski.

But it sounds like your wife's friend is a crusader and isn't going to be dissuaded from talking about it. My answer to people like that is the same as yours, avoid them. Crusaders are some of the most annoying people in the world, it doesn't matter if I agree, disagree or are indifferent to their views. It's not about whether I agree with their views or not, it is the rude, inconsiderate, closed minded approach to the people around them that turns me off and I don't keep them as friends, but I have that luxury. Good luck with the wife.

Is it difficult for Rubi to avoid himself?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

you oughta slug the shit outta ur old lady for taking her friend's side over urs

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    Does anyone else smell a divorce?

I do.

70:30 odds in favor of the divorce. I'll spot up to $200. Has to happen in the next three years. Any takers?

hatefuck

Don't get so butthurt when somebody says something you disagree with, and:

Is forced painal with the BFF an option?
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Next time the bitch spouts off, do a couple shots of absynthe and show everyone your squirrel on a trampoline. You will be the winner and champion of the cocktail party.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 12-15-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    The ad google served up is almost as wrong as this thread
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...EyCFPpFl2pd2LP
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Do I need to check myself for having a bad attitude?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by khakis View Post
    In 30 years of friendship I imagine you guys are all aware of each other's political views. What kind of friend insists on a conversation she knows is going to lead to disagreement? F them.
    Sounds like she needs this. Not for disagreeing but after 30 years for still trying to bait you.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    bklyn For the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

As always, the mags can be counted on for some good laughs, great advise and are good enough to tell me what an idiot I was for letting her get me that pissed off. Thanks
    I have certainly learned a lot from this little episode. Hopefully, I can remember it next time I am liquored up. Anyways, with the holiday season approaching just remember how poorly liv2ski handled a douchey party goer and not get all out of wack like I did. I like Tippsters advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Next time just smile and imagine her swallowing your cock. Works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Watching you evolve in such a short thread has been heartwarming.
    Sucks at internets

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    I just started noticing that ad today. It's funny in several ways (sure looks like that kid is fucking that goat). Overall, though, it's probably a decent cause (assuming they are not going to take my money, then just show some poor kid the goat). Maybe I should give money since they've made me laugh.

How the hell did this get over looked?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    So....

1. You're smarter than than the BF
    2. You left to prove it
    3. Your wife now knows you are a douchebag

Instead of....

1. You realized that others have the right to disagree
    2. You stayed and kept wife happy
    3. your wife owes you big time

der pooperhuisen -vs- der sofa
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Bitches should never discuss politics.

Yikes, remind me not to disagree with Tipp.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the high road always has a better view
    Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    Miss Manners is 100% correct.
    ^^^ +1 for each

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Limit your exposure to her and tell her you’d rather go deaf than listen to any more prattle out of her man-pleaser.

Very poor form and she should be reminded how to behave as a host.
    By user her man pleaser, yes?

Once again the man pleaser rears it's head.

When I saw the clip below, I couldn't help but think "boxing". Ouch, not nice.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Trying hard to stay in the present moment
    Eleven posts! It took eleven posts before someone even mentioned der poopenhausen. What is the matter with you people? I am disappointed in the collective. Do I have to surf this site 24/7 just to keep up the standards that we all established?

Eleven posts. Jeebus.
    Try to keep two ideas in your head at the same time without blowing your brains out your ass.

Why not just bang your Wifes best friend, and then privately tell your Wife about it a bit later?