Another Ski Area For Sale..

Now for the price of a 3 bedroom condo in Big Sky, you can purchase Teton Pass Ski Area, outside Choteau, Montana. For a mere $279,000, 1,010 vertical feet serviced by two lifts can be yours..

Stay left.

cue the friends of teton pass crew.

although this would be way more doable.

Wonder what it costs to run a lift for a day?
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

I'm wondering if you could get a lift running up to that peak in the background...

doughboyshredder Guest
    Purchasing it for private use would be great, maybe even as a club, but as a business venture it would be a ridiculous waste of money if profit was your motivation.

that place is BRUTALLY windy...I mean BRUTAL.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

But it's in CHOTEAU! What's not to love? The lodge itself would be worth more than 300k in Big Sky.. Also, its a forest service lease, so good luck doing any improvements on anything.
    Stay left.

Quote Originally Posted by altaski85 View Post
    I'm wondering if you could get a lift running up to that peak in the background...
    Check out the pictures in the real estate listing. Looks like some serious sidecountry sitting just above the lift!!
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

250 inches of snow annually? not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    that place is BRUTALLY windy...I mean BRUTAL.

like loveland, top of chair 9 windy ?
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Friends of Teton Pass Ski Area

I would like to announce my latest venture. "Friends of Teton Pass Ski Area" have been formed to review various business models and formulate a plan to ensure the long and short term viability of the resort, and to help protect the lifestyle.....
    oh fuck it, ...
    Good luck Teton Pass Skiers! May someone with deep pockets come out of the woodwork and buy it up. It's way less work.

I'll bet there is some pretty sick touring off of this little hill.

ps just saw steep's post (honest didn't see it first run through), screw it I'm leaving this post up.
    Last edited by garyfromterrace; 12-02-2009 at 12:12 AM. Reason: just saw steep's post

$279,000 ??? does anyone here need a tax deduction? For farks sake, its less than the price of some cars ... Or am I smelling bullshit again, coz it would cost more than that to run it for a season.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

turn the lodge into a brothel and don't run the lifts. cash cow.

Looks like potential skiing off the mountain to the switchback to the north (right).