Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hug Your Kid Today

My story hardly qualifies as tragic, but it does have me really shook, so I really wanted to post about it. My 3 year old son fell from the 2nd story of my aunt's home, to the hardwood floor on the 1st 20 minutes after we arrived Wed night. He took the full impact to his mouth on an iron register. I was sitting about 15 feet away from where he hit and it sounded like a cinder block hitting the floor...I knew what it was right away, but I was frozen for a second. After I walked around the corner and saw my wife holding him, I went numb for the following 30 minutes or so. Long story short, he is fine. He somehow only lost his 2 front teeth and required very minor plastic surgery to his lower lip. My wife and I are having a lot of visions of him falling, and it's fucking terrible. To be honest, I am crying now just thinking about it. This could have gone worse to much worse....so hug your kid/wife/dog whatever, and let them know you love them.

A couple pics of the poor guy. He definitely didn't break his spirit...he's running around like a mad man again already

Getting ready to leave...still has teeth

Last night. His upper lip returning to normal. It was 3 times this size the day before

Today...upper lip is MUCH better and getting a mean shiner. It's already full on black 7 hours later.

If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

He's a trooper. Good luck the rest of the way.

How the hell did this happen? How does a small kid just fall from the second floor?

Holy cow thats scary. I'm very glad to hear he's okay.

I'll be taking your advice with my kids tonight...
    Bush got C's.... Obama probably failed lunch

Damn, glad it seems everything will be OK. Keep that kid on the ground floor for awhile. Vibes, etc.
    [quote][//quote]

Booner, I would say emotionally you have been straight to hell and back. Pretty much like seeing your boy dead. Hard to put that out of your mind. Joy and happiness your little dude is a superball.

All is well, as long as he doesn't get cocky!

My 11 year old is a little accident prone and I would threaten to tape her in bubble-wrap.

Glad he's OK! Kid hugged.
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

That breaks my heart. Glad he is okay. I'm gonna have to go give my lil guy a big hug now.

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    How the hell did this happen? How does a small kid just fall from the second floor?
    My 11 year old cousin is autistic. He was upstairs with my son and and aunt/uncle. My cousin thought my son would want to slide down the railing (my son told me what happened). We found him where the rail started, so he just went right over. Even more amazing...we slept in their house that night after finally getting back from the ER. My son wouldn't go upstairs to where the bedrooms are, so we had to sleep on a pullout...from 1901. We wouldn't have slept anyway...my son woke up/sat up about every 30 min saying Nooo!...I don't want to!!! I did the driving for the fam and knew I wouldn't sleep the next night in that mush sack of a pullout, so we got a hotel room. So as we are leaving, my autistic cousin catches on to the fact that we are leaving...freaks out, cause he knows it has something to do with what he did...gets upset, and slaps my son in the fucking mouth..no shit, right in the fucking mouth that just hit the floor 24 hours ago. The whole experience is just surreal

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Wow. Glad to hear the little guy is okay! Kids are so full of worries...

Glad to hear he's okay. Very lucky outcome.
    not counting days 2016-17

hugged mine again and again with "too many kisses, Dad"

scary shit. your guy looks like mine wihtout the busted lip and teeth.

hang in there and be good to each other.
    . . .

I hug em both every day; sometimes I'm sure it drives them nuts.

Been almost exactly a year since by son was run over from behind by a big-ass SUV in a bike lane and I'm still get that awful feeling in my stomach thinking about the "what coulda been's"...He walked away with no broken bones but is still dealing with some soft tissue knee damage (like half the folks who post in Gimp Central).

Wish I could tell you that feeling goes away; what I've found is that I just find myself thinking about it less often. Amazing how tough kids are; your's looks like he's a trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    ....so hug your kid
    Done.

Jesus, that must have been harrowing. My son is three months old, and I can't imagine seeing him get hurt like that. Once he gets mobile, I guess I'm in for a world of stress...and fun.
    I'm taking myself to a dirty part of town, where all my troubles can't be found...

Quote Originally Posted by BCtransplant View Post
    Done.

Jesus, that must have been harrowing. My son is three months old, and I can't imagine seeing him get hurt like that. Once he gets mobile, I guess I'm in for a world of stress...and fun.
    No shit... when my daughter first started becoming mobile, it was real hard to imagine that we were supposed to be encouraging that sort of thing.

It's kind of amazing that any of us, especially boys, make it to adulthood.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's kind of amazing that any of us, especially boys, make it to adulthood.
    It amazes me to this day that I am still alive.

Big vibes to you and your son. That's a horribly gut wrenching thing to deal with as a parent. Just a quick word. Make damn sure when they did his lip they did it perfect. Apparently cells in the lip are not very good at repairing themselves and hiding scars (at the juncture of lip color line to the face).

Our daughter was bitten by a dog (through the lip) years ago and the plastic surgeon stitched her twice cause he thought he didn't get it just right. He's the one who told us about the scarring issue with lips.

He also said wait for plastic surgery if she needed it till she was older, again something about scarring with the lips and better to wait till they were in their late teens, that's was when he said you could see some change and could repair it correctly and only once.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    Big vibes to you and your son. That's a horribly gut wrenching thing to deal with as a parent. Just a quick word. Make damn sure when they did his lip they did it perfect (if they had to do stitches). Apparently cells in the lip are not very good at repairing themselves and hiding scars (at the juncture of lip color line to the face).

Our daughter was bitten by a dog (through the lip) years ago and the plastic surgeon stitched her twice cause he thought he didn't get it just right. He's the one who told us about the scarring issue with lips.

He also said wait for plastic surgery if she needed it till she was older, again something about scarring with the lips and better to wait till they were in their late teens, that's was when he said you could see some change and could repair it correctly and only once.
    They brought in a plastic surgeon just for this reason...the ER Doc said the same thing to us...needs to be done perfectly because of that lip/chin line. As of last night he is back to his normal crazy self....actually maybe crazier. He didn't take a nap and was running around supermanning on to the couches till 11 PM. He has almost hit his face on the coffee table and couches about a hundred times since he's felt better.

Holy crap that's scary. Glad to hear he's OK.

If it were my kid that might be the last time he plays with autistic cousin until he gets older.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    My 11 year old cousin is autistic. He was upstairs with my son and and aunt/uncle. My cousin thought my son would want to slide down the railing (my son told me what happened). We found him where the rail started, so he just went right over. Even more amazing...we slept in their house that night after finally getting back from the ER. My son wouldn't go upstairs to where the bedrooms are, so we had to sleep on a pullout...from 1901. We wouldn't have slept anyway...my son woke up/sat up about every 30 min saying Nooo!...I don't want to!!! I did the driving for the fam and knew I wouldn't sleep the next night in that mush sack of a pullout, so we got a hotel room. So as we are leaving, my autistic cousin catches on to the fact that we are leaving...freaks out, cause he knows it has something to do with what he did...gets upset, and slaps my son in the fucking mouth..no shit, right in the fucking mouth that just hit the floor 24 hours ago. The whole experience is just surreal
    That's horrible, very glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Glad he's ok. My 3 year boy is a nut too and I worry about him.

On the upside..........I guess you know what he wants for christmas.

Hiyo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Silly christmas song reference, tis the season.

No seriously though, that is shitty in a big way and I'm glad your little guy is in good shape. He looks like a real trooper, especially with that fear and loathing hat in the first pic.

Sorry for my cold hearted joke but I'm a bit cold these days due to tragedy. I came in here to say that this shouldn't be limited to those thinking of the dangerous lives of toddlers. If you have an adult child don't be afraid to hug them too. I'm from a family of three boys. Last survivor. Lost my oldest bro to a car wreck at age 27. Lost my middle bro to drugs at age 28. Now I'm just playing it safe so to speak, in order for my parents to at least see one of their boys hit the 30 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    Holy crap that's scary. Glad to hear he's OK.

If it were my kid that might be the last time he plays with autistic cousin until he gets older.
    My thoughts exactly.