Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane
    a little aside for Sportscenter watchers: What's up with John Kruk? Can he get any fatter? Good God, he looks like somebody stuck a bike pump up his ass after a summer of Whoppers for breakfast. This guy was recently a pro athlete, for krist's sake.
    I think that someone asked him about his weight when he was a bit slimmer during his playing days. He responded "Ma'am, I ain't no athlete. I am a baseball player."
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane
    So what's up with Pedro? Turning into the Dominican Kid Rock? Epstein should pull a repeat of Veeck's move and put that midget up to bat.

the little dominican guys name is nelson. he is mas popular on telemundo, a little star even. he's pedros good luck buddy, i have seen him at fenway several times being carried on the shoulders of various fenway staff. if pedro likes him, well, he's got to be wierd, and totally an awsome little bro.

as for curt's ankle......... i guess its possible he could go in game four, but i'm not convinced. Doc joe morgan said one or two days rest wont make a difference. the guy was comming up a full foot short on his delivery step. getting absolutely no drive into the pitch. He said himself that anyone else on the staff would have been better last night.
    mussina was realy on. really, really on. i think it was his first game one of a playoff series win, ever. i could be wrong, but its his first game one win in several years anyway, i'm pretty sure that is right though. i felt like it was a little victory for the offense to finally get to him. And if big poppi hits that ball a quarter inch closer to the center of the bat that thing is gone and the game is tied.

i would have been upset if we had been getting guys on and doing the squander thing as opposed to getting aced by moose. As it happened it was a close game, and both offenses showed how potent the can be. six run leads are never safe for either of these teams. Sox just need to sharpen up that outfield play a bit, and not put a guy on the mound who cant take a normal stride.

my prediction: more redonkulous baseball to the death.

and on the 'whos your daddy' mlb t-shirts. just so you know tuffy, MLB made a shirt earlier this year to promote sox/yanks. it had the words 'evil empire' on it in reference to the yanks obviously. The yankee organization complained and the shirt was discontinued imeadiately. FWIW the red sox organization did not ask mlb to not sell the daddy shirt, it was fans who put the pressure on mlb.

thanks for the info base.

really would've loved to see muss get the no hitter, but turned out to be a great game anyway.

can't wait for tonight.
    fine

You two are WAY too civil.

I predict we will see Shil in game 4 minus painkilling drugs. Dr. Iceman says Shil could've handled the pain, but not being able to feel his foot made him tentative.

But we shall see.

So, it's Pedro against Brandon Arroyo tonight, right?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman

So, it's Pedro against Brandon Arroyo tonight, right?

I've got my money on Manny Ortez.

Shil did not do so well. It was nice to see the Red Sox's come back some though. They will win the next one....

You two are WAY too civil.

i am the voice of levelheaded red sox nation. what can i say.

my perdiction: more redonkulous baseball to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109
    really would've loved to see muss get the no hitter, but turned out to be a great game anyway.
    No hitter? He had a perfect game going through 6 1/3 innings. Charlie Steiner was just about losing his mind.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

There should be some kind of petition to get Remy and NESN to air these games. Listening to McCarver and "I'll always be a MFY" Al Leiter is absolutely brutal. We tried to switch to Joe and Jerry, but our cable is too far off for it to work. For Pedro this could be the defining start of his career and we know this series'll be worth $10 million to him one way or the other -- I got a feeling Petey'll show us what kind of a fighter he is - un guerrero con cojones grandes!

I predict we will see Shil in game 4 minus painkilling drugs. Dr. Iceman says Shil could've handled the pain, but not being able to feel his foot made him tentative.
    i hope so. i have tickets to game four. http://www.tetongravity.com/usergall.../11712/fm1.gif

and that brandon aroyyo comment last night had PBR comming oput of my nose.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrockpow
    There should be some kind of petition to get Remy and NESN to air these games.
    and get that ESPN K-Zone dealie too, I dig that.

Really really good game last night, I was definitely sketched out that Mussina was going to get a no-hitter, good to see that rally. Tonight's game should be ballsy as well!!!
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    The yankee organization complained and the shirt was discontinued imeadiately.
    Fucking pussies.

What is the actual injury to Schilling's ankle, anyway? Didn't he injure it a couple weeks ago? I thought I saw him step strangely when he came off the field a few games back.
    I'm still looking at the Sox roster for Brandon, but can't find him. Maybe he's opposite Tandem Sturtz.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by shamrockpow
    Listening to McCarver and "I'll always be a MFY" Al Leiter is absolutely brutal.
    thank fucking christ my digital camera takes AAs so i could get some batteries in the radio and get EEI on before i broke a 40 over the tv.

i agree with ice as far as schill goes.
    Last edited by mildbill.; 10-13-2004 at 09:44 AM. Reason: booted the quotes tags

The sox did a good job saving the heroics for later on in the series. Francona needs to get Phil Neikro on the horn to give a talking to Wakefield, he looks like he's throwing batting practice. Another questionable outing by Timlin, that doesn't bode well either, but really the yankees were hitting everything last night regardless.

Go Sox!!

Quote Originally Posted by climb2ski
    They will win the next one....
    have you seen who's pitching, and where he's pitching?
    fine

i know it doesn't really make sense. but pedro has the odds here tuffy. i know you are not a betting man. but those odds makers know what they are doing.

of course shilling also had the odds in his favor, so take it as you will.

well i would assume you were familier with the odds then........

i am neither familier or familiar with the odds. how's it look?
    fine

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    I'd also like to point out that the Star Wars stuff in the beginning of the game had me laughin. Damon as a Wookie was wicked mint. guy.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

favored by 1.5

how the hell do you read that?
    fine

you call your gambling addicted friends.

i knew you were not a betting man.

Trends are WAY more fun than numbers:

Away team is 6-2 in Nelson's last eight BHP.
    Over is 5-1 in Martinez' last six starts.
    Boston is 7-3 in their last 10 overall.
    NYY are 9-1 in Lieber's last 10 starts.
    NYY are 5-1 in their last six home games.
    Over is 9-1 in their last 10 meetings.

hey bas,
    from that chart it looks like yanks are favored (+115 means you have to bet 115 to win 100). am i wrong here, or just an asshole?