Thread: Finding a song?

Finding a song?

So I have a song that was on a CD a friend and I listened to on a recent road trip. We filmed somethings and wanted to set it to that song. Problem is, I am looking for a higher quality version of the song to use. And I don't know what the song is. I thought I had it on my computer with the artist and all that. I looked and its not there as anything other than unknown artist from 3 years ago.

Does anyone know of a forum or soemthing where I might be able to post a link to the uploaded song and someone would be able to recognize it. Seems like something like this would exist out there but I don't know. It is a slightly techno/electronic song if that helps.

Are there lyrics???
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

http://www.wildbits.com/tunatic/

http://www.shazam.com/

et cetera

Never tried, 'em, but they're out there.

If I wasn't a dipshit I might do a google search with the chorus but I guess that would be too simple. Maybe you should think of a harder way.

Good point, except it is entirely instrumental. So i have nothing to really search for. I guess I left myself open to that though, My bad.

Without any lyrics (ie instrumental only) and no clue as to the artist then you are really limited. Maybe a radio station DJ would be of help- in that style of instrumental (Jazz, etc.). If not then can you sing or hum part of the song? I have never used it but I heard of an app for the Apple Iphone that will tell you a song- not sure if it also is lyrics based. Otherwise an artist or something or a time machine to go back to when you downloaded it.
    Last edited by RShea; 11-27-2009 at 12:18 PM.

advres Guest
    If you had a friend with an iphone and the app 'shazam' you would be all set.

Music ID app for your phone - play the song, hold the phone up to it.

Why don't you get a kazoo, you would be set
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

It's 'Ghostwriter' by RJD2.