Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

?

Is anyone out there using these on a hard boot split setup? I'm wondering if these could be used in lieu of the top buckle on mellow/playful terrain to give the top of the boot a bit more flex and freedom, then be able to flip the top buckle and stiffen the boot up for heavier terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    this is the key or you end up running around with the fancy BOOSTER logo upside down. not nearly so core.
    You've seen my boots, haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by sierra__softman View Post
    Is anyone out there using these on a hard boot split setup? I'm wondering if these could be used in lieu of the top buckle on mellow/playful terrain to give the top of the boot a bit more flex and freedom, then be able to flip the top buckle and stiffen the boot up for heavier terrain.
    from talking to hard booter types that ^^ actualy sounds like a really good idea cuz they seem to want a MUCH softer flexing boot than what is available in modern AT boots

so in terms of stiffness they want an AT boot more like what was around 20-30 yrs ago

i would probably go for the world cup which is 3 layers or neoprene and you could cut straps as needed so from their site :

"Question- What if I buy the wrong strength Booster?

Answer- The Booster is backwards compatible, that is you can convert the World Cup to the Expert and the Expert to the Intermediate by eliminating a strip of material. You cannot go the other way. "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

giving it a shot

I found a pair of Intermediates at a ski shop in town, so I'm going to give it a shot. Right now I have a heavily modded pair of TLT6s and a fresh pair of unmodded 6s I found in Bishop last week. I'll do a little bit of work to the new pair and take them both to Chile and see what happens with the Boosters.

I got the WC for my beasts. I used them for a few days but the boots felt unsupportive and vague. I weight ~150lbs. I went back to the original straps and the boots felt way better.

So, just wondering, if the World Cup version has a solid strap amidst the elastic ones (does it?), then what benefit does that bring over a normal power strap? The benefit of the booster is the elastic part but putting a solid strap amidst these kinda negates that effect, or am I missing something?

I'm 140 lbs. Freeride/backcountry. Skiing level advanced-to-expert. Boots atomic Hawx Ultra XTD with Tour Wrap liner. With what booster should I go - expert or intermediate? Reason I want to chose strap - I hate velcro straps. Especially when touring.

I went WC on a 4 buckle alpine which has 3 layers of neoprene, I put it around the back of the boot spine and the top of the power wrap liner at the front of the boot and it is not a problem to flex the boot forward thru its travel but if its too much for you just cut one or more of the neoprene layers

XL voile.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    I'm 140 lbs. Freeride/backcountry. Skiing level advanced-to-expert. Boots atomic Hawx Ultra XTD with Tour Wrap liner. With what booster should I go - expert or intermediate? Reason I want to chose strap - I hate velcro straps. Especially when touring.
    Get the expert. If it doesnt feel right or too stiff, cut out the middle band= intermediate.

My old WC's, the center piece was not stretchy and they were too much/harsh for me at 150lbs on touring boots, but I loved them on alpine boots.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

I could have a booster that was used may be for 2 weeks at most. But it has different holes set up. One hole is aligned with my my boot, but second isn't. I would need to make a new one. Is this going to affect booster performance? Booster strap is taken form Salomon MTN lab, and misaligned hole would be approximately 1.5-2 cm away from new one.

I could have a booster that was used may be for 2 weeks at most. But it has different holes set up. One hole is aligned with my my boot, but second isn't. I would need to make a new one. Is this going to affect booster performance? Booster strap is taken form Salomon MTN lab, and misaligned hole would be approximately 1.5-2 cm away from new one.
    No. Just hit the old and new hole with a flame/hot nail to prevent fraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    No. Just hit the old and new hole with a flame/hot nail to prevent fraying.
    Thanx.

P.S. what is hot nail? English not my native and google doesn't help a lot with this. As I understand it's some plastic that can be melted to cover the hole?

Thanx.

P.S. what is hot nail? English not my native and google doesn't help a lot with this. As I understand it's some plastic that can be melted to cover the hole?
    He probably means a regular construction nail heated up with a lighter. I used a soldering iron (and an already-wrecked tip) to seal the holes as I made them.

Thanx man.

When I tried google hot nail - it listed all beauty salons around my location xD

I use hot grue to plug old holes.

I'm 6'4 and 220 lbs, I tried the WC 'Bode' version, I found very quickly unless your are Bode, you can't Bode.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    XL voile.

I was eyeing them. I want something that's quicker to get to a marked position than the velcro strap.
    How do the voile XLs ski?
    What about just using the regular and tightening them more? Too soft?

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    XL voile.

I love Voile straps for their variety of uses, but they don't even come remotely close to working as well as a Booster strap for the intended purpose.

I have used the expert/race strap with great results at 6' 170ish pounds.

I have been told just to go with the WC for every boot... I did and haven't been disappointed. I use them on my Backland Carbons and on my Speedmachine 130s. The way I see it is anything is more progressive than the stock powerstrap, which is essentially non-elastic. Maybe if you have a boot that you don't ski with a power strip at all, you could go down in "stiffness". Like others said, they all cost about the same, you can always cut away a piece of neoprene.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
    I have been told just to go with the WC for every boot... I did and haven't been disappointed. I use them on my Backland Carbons ...
    Berry berry intredasting.

Got pics?

Review of how it changed the up and the down in Backland Carbon for you?

I know the stock "powerstrap" on mine won't last long (even though I just got the boots this season) so I'm looking at replacement/upgrade options for when it does let go, and I'm interested in your thoughts/review.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    I'm 6'4 and 220 lbs, I tried the WC 'Bode' version, I found very quickly unless your are Bode, you can't Bode.
    I used NRS cam straps on my Dobermans when the Velcro failed. The worked great. What’s the Bode version offer stiffness wise over a cam strap?

the Neoprene gives a little bit

you can get the cam straps in 1.5" wide

Anyone have a source for light can straps? The dynafit replacement straps are $30+ each.

I found my TLT7 pair from a guy in the hardboot section of a splitboard forum.