Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If you start heading back after skiing Revelstoke, you have a few choices.

1) Stay in Golden again, which has way more lodging than Louise and cheaper too. But if there is a storm underway or brewing, make sure there is not talk of the road closing between Golden and Louise.

2) Drive to Louise and be five minutes from the hill. Road almost never closes between Louise and Calgary, other than for a few hours now and then. Not many places to stay or eat. Cheapest would be the Louise Centre hostel. http://www.hihostels.ca/westerncanad...ilities.hostel Could be booked solid, so you would want to phone ahead before leaving Revy.

Next cheapest might be West Louise Lodge, if they are open this winter. Ten minutes west of Louise on the #1 all by itself. I think the Lake Louise Inn in Louise is at least $160 for two beds. If you want to blow some big dollars on an amazing meal go to the Post Hotel.

3) Drive to Banff, but then need to backtrack 35 minutes to Louise in morning to ski. Way more accommodation options in Banff. Mostly cheaper than Louise but more expensive than Golden. Potential to meet local mags for beers.

Did you figure out the way from the airport to Costco on the way out of town? I don't think Stoney Trail ring road is even on Google maps yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    to phone ahead before leaving Revy.

Next cheapest might be West Louise Lodge, if they are open this winter. Ten minutes west of Louise on the #1 all by itself.
    It is open this year, first year in a couple. Surprized to see it open after it closed in fall.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Heading out today.
    Should be in Golden tonight.
    Game on.

d.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

in time for some good weather as long as the temp holds.

red and ww got 13 and 16 last night- you might want to keep an eye on us if it doesn't happen up there.

Somewhere between Boulder and Low Earth Orbit
    Thanks for the info... Jumping on this thread cause me n BigKuba are doing the opposite roadtrip Vancouver-Calgary from Feb 20-28th as the icing on the cake after a week at the olympics. Probably doing the northern route but leaving our options open. Got a lot of good beta here already and we probably waited too long to book reservations at hostels, but if there's any last minute cheap lodging suggestions we're all ears. We'll have a car and will probably try to get in some bc here and there if the getting's good. If anyone wants to meet up for bc, lift laps, beers, food, shenanigans, etc, give me or BigKuba a shout!

PS - Anyone know if the costco card deal is still available?

Revy hookup

Hey Gincognito, you can come stay with us at
    www.beardedravenbedand shred.ca if you want. We'll set you up with breakfast and a tip or two on where to go.