Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    We just got a 10-11 Ace of Spades in. Will report later on performance.
    Click. Point. Chute.

There will be a new Kastle coming, a Chris Davenport model. Kastle will be adding a down market ski too.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Dynastar is supposed to have a rockered version of the Huge Trouble as well as a narrower more all mountain specific rockered ski. There is also talk of a rockered women's pow ski. Sound like Dynastar is finally getting after it with the rocker.

I hear in 2011 we'll be skiing on lazers, either that or we'll be talking about 2013 skis. gasp.
    I ski therefore I am.

Maby we will know everything of 2011 in December 09, and will completely skip getting any of it because the 2012 gear will be out in August 2010. Maby

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    There will be a new Kastle coming, a Chris Davenport model. Kastle will be adding a down market ski too.
    Hugo gets his own pro model too. Team rider blogs are your friend:

The new MX 128

Hugo

MX 108, MX 108, Dav's new FX 94 and MX 128

Dav's FX 94

Dav also signed with Spyder yesterday, so he's no longer with HH.

dps will have something called "s.s." there will also be another thing with the number 112 in it, and the letters RP after it.
    Hmmmmm ? Now that is indeed inneresting, methinks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    Hmmmmm ? Now that is indeed inneresting, methinks.
    I think so too.

It's really a shame Im too stupid to understand anything from the clues...

But hey!, Im excited as hell!

Any more details on the mx128? Looks kind of short in those pics.
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Quote Originally Posted by dps View Post
    dps will have something called "s.s." there will also be another thing with the number 112 in it, and the letters RP after it.

ok, bye bye.
    just a guess: full carbon 112-cm snowblades?
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

the mx 128 looks fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Any more details on the mx128? Looks kind of short in those pics.
    Will come in 3 flexes..stiff, stiffer, stiffest. It will have an extended tip type tip.

There will also be a Griffin Post ski and Davenport's FX94 ski too. The FX84 is a great ski, can't wait to get on the 94.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Will come in 3 flexes..stiff, stiffer, stiffest. It will have an extended tip type tip.
    Any idea on lengths on the 128?

I have been intrigued by the new Kastle line ever since I heard they were coming out of the same builders as the Nordica Ultra Waves, W105s and FFs

Kastle skis look sweet and all but what's the MX128 gonna cost ya, $1,500. The prices I see shops selling MX108s for are absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Kastle skis look sweet and all but what's the MX128 gonna cost ya, $1,500. The prices I see shops selling MX108s for are absurd.
    Thats $1500 with a marker Duke right?
    not flat?
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    It's really a shame Im too stupid to understand anything from the clues...
    don't worry. it will become progressively clearer

ss makes carbon skis one louder. just one more step, to push it over the edge. they will go to 11.

you don't want to know about RP though. that is for another day (one in which you can walk around with an enormous raging boner all day).
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by skibum93 View Post
    Thats $1500 with a marker Duke right?
    not flat?
    Yes, with a Duke or you can get a Jester for a little less.

Griffin Post had some one-off 108s this year, 2 sheets of metal and very stiff. Wonder what his ski will be like.

I am going MX 98 for my everyday ski this year. If I can sell a lot of my old skis I will get a 108 too.

Our Kastle Rep will be here this week so I will pick his brain.

Our Stockli rep said they might have a rockered/early rise ski next year?!?!?!

I'll believe that when I see it. The Swiss are not exactly progressive and the US distributor doesn't really know or care to much about big mountain skiing either.

Oh yeah, the Kastles are pressed in the Head factory. They rent time and bring in their own molds and materials. Nordica uses the old Kastle factory, Benneton Group just changed the name of Kastle to Nordica back in 99. Kastle is an entirely new venture, pretty young group of Austrians (a couple from Fischer?) with backing from the company that owns KTM motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Oh yeah, the Kastles are pressed in the Head factory. They rent time and bring in their own molds and materials. Nordica uses the old Kastle factory, Benneton Group just changed the name of Kastle to Nordica back in 99. Kastle is an entirely new venture, pretty young group of Austrians (a couple from Fischer?) with backing from the company that owns KTM motorcycles.
    Are you sure about this? I thought Nordica had switched factories after the FF season and then Kastle had used the same place? The current Nordica stuff sure shows no similarity to the FF run of skis

I was skiing at my local hill yesterday-a guy saw my dukes and said-you'll want to sell those and get next years' -I asked him why and he wouldn't say, just that next years' will be way better.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    don't worry. it will become progressively clearer

ss makes carbon skis one louder. just one more step, to push it over the edge. they will go to 11.

you don't want to know about RP though. that is for another day (one in which you can walk around with an enormous raging boner all day).
    For the love of christ tell me they are finally going to remake a tabla rasa in around a 195 with a 100% carbon core. Thats what I want anyway.

Care to enlighten us, I leave for the rest of the season to be in gulmarg on wednesday, so I want to know NOW!
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

is Volkl making any changes?

I belive these are the rumored skis that Mr.Townsend has been Talking about. Found this on NS:

139/114/124
    They look pretty damn sick if you ask me.

^^^ yep they are - I have heard REALLY good things about that ski, should be fun!
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

Agreed. El Dictator looks fucking cool.

Is El Dictator only in a 194?