Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
    ghee was fun... no one there. Pillaged the FUGLY all day long

also the pass seemed empty (at 8 this morning and 4 this afternoon) and only saw 5 tracks coming out of calverts... might just no-board edel

race you to the top of glory in the morning!
    "I think people resist freedom because they're afraid of the unknown. But it's ironic....That unknown was once very well known. It's where our souls belong....The only solution is to confront them--confront yourself--with the greatest fear imaginable. Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -Jim Morrison

How 'bout this excellent taco eating weather?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    How 'bout this excellent taco eating weather?
    there's excellent skiing still to be had, despite lack of an overnight freeze @ 9,000'. pretty great season, overall.

Anybody checked the coverage in the park? I am off to Utah til April 29, but want to ski something up there when I get back without too much drama in the shrubbery-bashing department?

Anyone in for a GTNP mission early May?

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Anybody checked the coverage in the park? I am off to Utah til April 29, but want to ski something up there when I get back without too much drama in the shrubbery-bashing department?

Anyone in for a GTNP mission early May?
    it's all good right now, but i don't think i could predict what snow will be left down low 10 days from now. in the late afternoon, the thermometer in my yard registered 83F. granted, it's in the sun, but it is getting warm down low.

up high it's still winter, but for how long?

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    there's excellent skiing still to be had, despite lack of an overnight freeze @ 9,000'. pretty great season, overall.
    I know but the nice weather has me thinking about fishing. My ski season was tough...moving on. BTW - I met your son a few weeks ago. Nice work!

Ghee Vid

Great Edit...

Quote Originally Posted by benfjord View Post
    More POV fun from the last week:

Glad you liked the video!

As for the Park we did an Albright lap on Sunday morning and there was no shrub bashing in either direction. Actually managed to ski from the summit to basically back to the car without ever taking the skis off. I'm sure the past 3 days of warm weather have done some serious melting though.

anybody know how much new snow fell up high?

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhucker View Post
    anybody know how much new snow fell up high?
    about 9am this morning, there was just a dusting @ 10,000'. heavy rain in the valley met with dropping temps (at least for a while), producing snow down to the valley floor.

i haven't been back up high but would expect a slushy/snowy mix at 8k and an inch or 2 higher up, sitting on a snowpack holding quite a bit of warmth.

trailbreaking -- and even hiking in established steps -- today was difficult.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...1&d=1271979012http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...1&d=1271979278
    wish i had time to go to togwotee,comparing both cams,they may fair better up high. anywho see you on glory in a.m.
    http://www.jhavalanche.org/summaries.phphttp://
    last summary of the year... enjoy y'all
    Last edited by passholer; 04-23-2010 at 11:00 AM.

well the pass didn't suck,6to12 in places,the bowl looked creamy,twin slides skied well and the sun has not made it out yet, and may not.time to get sum.

waiting for corn...well looks like we be getting some moderate freezes again and snow,also looks like a couple of tracks on taylor's east face produced a biggin yesterday,presumably ran in front of them, pretty much full track,deposition looked deep.be careful

this thread is dead lets start over.
    24"new @ rendevous since wed a.m. and i am without camera

its time to

headed to the pass now, got the mushers secret on the pups paws and my beacon rebeepin

been a month since i have ridden (been mntbkn) so i hope its allll goood

will report back soon
    "I think people resist freedom because they're afraid of the unknown. But it's ironic....That unknown was once very well known. It's where our souls belong....The only solution is to confront them--confront yourself--with the greatest fear imaginable. Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -Jim Morrison

from btnf....Apr 30 – May 6
    Cold and snowy with high winds
    Cold winter conditions prevailed in the mountains during the first week of May. Temperatures at 9,000 feet were in the teens and single digits at night and in the 20’s during the day. A progressive weather pattern continued to bring moisture to the region. In the mountains it has snowed every day since April 27th. New snow accumulations for this week were 18 to 25 inches with two inches of moisture. In the last ten days, four feet of new snow with four inches of moisture has fallen. Since March 25th the mountains have received 11 feet of new snow with over 11 inches of moisture.

i knew the numbers were good,so another 500" yr. on record

btw http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...1&d=1273412751 jaxn pk was ppappappowder
    Last edited by passholer; 05-09-2010 at 07:48 AM.

this is a must see pov so smooth from: http://thesnaz.com/