Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yeah, they sent a guy to plug the DVR in, I'm pretty sure I could've handled it. Every time I call they mention the "Loyal Customer" stuff. The only reason I even have it is comcast insisted on digging their own trench from the road -they wouldn't use the one the power company dug for free and which the phone company used, and they wanted $7000 to dig it - $7K for a trench when there was already a trench. I said fuck that and called DirecTV and that's that.

i have directv still on one reciever im paying 29 bucks a month for. I have Att uverse now. Uverse paid me 300 bones to switch. So im using that money to pay directv off the rest of my contract with them. I bought my house and decided to go with directv for football package. well, i added 2nd HD tv to my house and called them up for a standard hd reciever. They wanted me to give them 99 bucks, 50 dollar "handling" fee and pay for the fucking shipping, another 20 bones. I was like, yeah, right. I suspended my account for 6 months to check out uverse and could not be more pleased. DVR is accessible from any room in the house. More HD, snappier response on the set top boxes, etc. Be warned though, Uverse is all about distance. You need to be close to your local fiber hub (VRAD). so any of you looking to make the change, keep your old service on. Mine is phenominal. I went over to the bro in laws, his is not nearly as reliable. he gets alot of pixelation, freezing, etc. Either way, i look forward to when my 2 years is up to tel directv to shove it up their fucking ass. i'll never make that mistake again.

Comcast is a fucking ripoff as well. although i checked out their 100mbit/10mbit internet a few months. I'll more than give them props on that. Fucking fast. Way better than my uverse dsl that maxes out at like 18mbit down.

Quote Originally Posted by jibij View Post
    News Flash. They all suck bad in one way or another.
    We've had Comcast, DISH, and Direct. Direct sucks the least.
    whats the problem with dishnetwork? besides the whole not having the NFL package thing, i have had no issues.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

FU directv missed another f-n rangers game thank god I got the NHL pkg, with the regular sport pkg you offer I get most of the NYR's games, so I bought the NHL pkg for those few I'd miss, but they are f'n blacked out on 10 channels. WTF offer the pkg. and the whole Versus fiasco, everytime I call them they tell me they're doing it for the customer, doing what?? not letting me watch hockey? This is such a big time for the NHL coming ion the heels of the incredible hockey we saw in the olympics, get your f'n heads out of your asses and putt ther fuckein games on and draw a bigger audience. My f'n inlaws were at ther house last night and they don't know what a hockey puck is if it hit them in the head, but sure enough theu asked me if that "Crosby guys team is playing tonight", and I had to say "yes but its fucking blacked out!!!" so I had to talk to them for 2 hrs while I half assed listened to the game on the web.
    sorry for the rant...very angry

If a game is shown on the NHL channel it will be blacked out on the local channels. That's so you buy the NHL channel. It took me a while to figure that out because if you have the local channel and the NHL package the game will generally be showing on both, but that's because you already paid to get it through the NHL package. If the game is showing on Versus it will be blacked out locally because of legal bullshit between Comcast, who owns Versus, and DirecTV. So even though DirecTV doesn't carry Versus it's still blacked out locally but it will still show on the NHL channel. Kinda complicated but it actually makes sense if you think about it.

I think it was two years ago I bagged getting the MLB package because the Red Sox were always on NESN and with the Sports Pack I got NESN. Lo and behold, all the games were blacked out on NESN suddenly. I signed back up for the MLB package and the games were on both NESN and the MLB channel. Now they give me the NHL and the NBA for free, I pretty much never watch the NBA but hey it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If a game is shown on the NHL channel it will be blacked out on the local channels. That's so you buy the NHL channel. It took me a while to figure that out because if you have the local channel and the NHL package the game will generally be showing on both, but that's because you already paid to get it through the NHL package. If the game is showing on Versus it will be blacked out locally because of legal bullshit between Comcast, who owns Versus, and DirecTV. So even though DirecTV doesn't carry Versus it's still blacked out locally but it will still show on the NHL channel. Kinda complicated but it actually makes sense if you think about it.

I think it was two years ago I bagged getting the MLB package because the Red Sox were always on NESN and with the Sports Pack I got NESN. Lo and behold, all the games were blacked out on NESN suddenly. I signed back up for the MLB package and the games were on both NESN and the MLB channel. Now they give me the NHL and the NBA for free, I pretty much never watch the NBA but hey it's free.
    The ranger pens game wasn't on the NHL channel last night, at least not on my tv, no msg 1 2 or +, no fsny pitt? I couldn't find it, they tell me to check abunch of stations and i'm on the phone for a least half an hour. its crap. I give them about 100 bucks a month for crap, then once in a while i will actually see something worth watching on the Military channel or plnt green channel and of course I don't get the flippin channel. I am just so fed up with it!
    Iceman are you saying you get the NBA and MLB free??? How??
    I complain and once in a while they comp me 6 mnths of Starz (WORTHLESS), except for Stepbrothers, or the give me a 10 buck credit waiving some ridiculous fee. If I bitch more will I get more??

Besides COmcast, Directv, and DIsh whatelse is there? Uverse isn't offered where I live yet?

Directv is GREAT. Out of nowhere they called a few days ago and said they were giving me the March Madness package for free. I called them back and told them that it was a mighty generous thing to do, but I didn't really watch all that much college basketball. So instead the lovely Indian woman on the other end of the line gave me the $70 credit. Righteous.

dopebush, not sure about that one, maybe it was on Versus and you just get shut out if it's on Versus? Not sure. I thought you would still get it on the NHL channel even if it was on Versus, maybe not.

I have Dish now, and was going to switch to Direct. Then out of the blue last week, Dish sends me 3 new remotes for my recievers. Kinda kewl of them I thought.
    Bush got C's.... Obama probably failed lunch

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    whats the problem with dishnetwork? besides the whole not having the NFL package thing, i have had no issues.
    Are you kidding? DISH sucks just as hard as DirectTV. We had to do their Internet for 3 years since we had no other options -- got out of contract last week and am so happy not to deal with that BS. They locked our account on a weekly basis for the 'fair usage act' which is their act and ability to turn off your internet if they claim that you use too much. The problem is that so many people are now signed up and the network is bogged down you get locked out sometimes for hardly any usage. That's only on the Internet side. One time I had to call 4 separate times to update my new expiration number on my CC when my account had been compromised. I called before the auto billing date to update...systems were down, but they took info. Called 3 days later to make sure it went through, systems still down, assured it was taken care of. Then they try and process, slap me with a fee, and say it's my problem. 2 more calls and it was resolved. 5 hours on hold and talking to various people all to change an expiration date on auto pay. I could go on about how much they suck, but I won't. DISH is the worst provider I have ever dealt with period

^^^^

I thought I wanted to ditch DirectTV but apparently not. Those are my only two options as we live in the sticks. Somehow Laramie WY is the only local station I get with an antennae.

FUCK EM S RIGHT!

i had a 2 year special deal, and after a few months they jacked up my bill from 36.99 to 52.99, i called and they fixed it...then next month same thing... after 5 months of this i got pissed and canceled.

we had been a custy for over 8 years, the coax cable was corroded 8 months before i canceled..they had to send a guy out to fix it....he replaces the recievers...takes the old ones. i sing nothing dont agree to shit. well guess when i got the new recievers i was getting charged for them. this is what pisses me off

THEY NEVER TOLD ME I OWED THEM ANYTHING--> INSTEAD THEY WENT AHEAD AND CHARGED A DEBIT CARD A OLD ROOMMATE PAID WITH OVER 2 YEARS AGO AND OVERDRAFTED HIM AND BOUNCED HIS RENT CHECK!

Quote Originally Posted by cramer View Post
    Comcast is a fucking ripoff as well. .
    When I moved I was actually sad to hear I couldnt get Comcast. The cable was ok, but the internet?? I paid 19.99 a month to get service that speakeasy showed to be 10-14 megabit a second!! With dsl for the same price or $5 more you get about 2 megabits a second!

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    WAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I live in the middle of nowhere yet want the benefits of civilization!
    I never said I lived in the middle of nowhere.

I happen to live on a mountain pass just outside of Seattle on I-90, and since weather generally comes from the West, getting our traffic and weather updates from a market that is relevant to our lives makes a whole lot more sense then getting it from a market that we never visit and is two hours East.

fuck it all, get a digital whatever reciever and go back to prime time. shits out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuperGaperWithaCherryOnTop View Post
    When I moved I was actually sad to hear I couldnt get Comcast. The cable was ok, but the internet?? I paid 19.99 a month to get service that speakeasy showed to be 10-14 megabit a second!! With dsl for the same price or $5 more you get about 2 megabits a second!
    their tv services are. I pretty much go with the full packages. Comcast raped me for years. My uverse is likie 70 bucks less and more HD.

As for internet, comcast owns it right now. you arent going to get better internet from anyone. I added their 100mbit/10mbit for a few months just to check it out. It was blaising if you hit sites out there to take advantage of the speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    fuck it all, get a digital whatever reciever and go back to prime time. shits out of hand.
    Or better yet, just don't watch TV.

One hour spent watching TV is one hour closer to death that was wasted on meaningless garbage.

Pssst.....there are an infinite number of things to see, learn and do that don't involve TV.

Your only on the planet once............don't waste it.

Oh wait, I'm wasting my time reading this meaningless drivel and responding
    I can smell it

Quote Originally Posted by cramer View Post
    As for internet, comcast owns it right now. you arent going to get better internet from anyone. I added their 100mbit/10mbit for a few months just to check it out. It was blaising if you hit sites out there to take advantage of the speed.
    I'd much rather have FIOS than Comcast. FIOS is offering 50M/20M and 25M/25M right now. I'll gladly trade 50M of download speed for an extra 10M of upload speed. That symmetrical 25M connection is pretty sexy too. They're the only ones in the country offering symmetrical consumer connections.

100M/? should be on the way soon, and their FTTP architecture will ramp up to 250M fairly easily. Also keep in mind that's not a shared connection like the DOCSIS 3.0 tech Comcast is using. So if you live in a dense area, your neighbors can be downloading like crazy, and it won't affect you. And it totally shits on the sad joke that is U-Verse. FIOS on the other hand is pure, direct fiber to your home.

Oh and then there's the fact that Comcast has a 250M monthly bandwidth cap in place. So much for that 100M connection.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."