Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Storm Chasing Whistler: Looking for floor,sofa, or roomate for hotel rm???

Seriously getting close to pulling the trigger on a last minute Whistler raid. Looking for a floor, sofa, or someone to split a hotel room??? Will buy beer, pay for lodging, whatever that can make it a bit cheaper than what I'm currently finding.

Would be stoked to meet people to ski with as well. Hoping to be there either tomorrow or Saturday.

Anyone interested? Thinking Friday through Monday or Tuesday night.

Comish
    He who has the most fun wins!

Priceline often has great deals on last minute hotel rooms in Whistler. I can't get up there this weekend or I'd volunteer to split with you.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Nice work. If I was not tied into work, low on expendable income, needing to spend time with the family, and had a screwed ankle, I would BE THERE for sure.

Looks epic...

I need a partner in crime or can pay for some couch space to make it happen.

Puma, I have 2 of your 4 issues. Baby, Mrs. Comish has been gone all week traveling, no job ie low on expendable income, and an improving knee although by no means normal. Sometimes you gotta do it!!!

I'd be happy to put you up, but have family in town for the holidays starting saturday. PM Atrain. He's got a sweet flop house and would probably be more than happy to trade floor space for beer. A good solid crew to ski with too.

Thanks P11. PM sent to Atrain. My last potential partner in crime from down here bailed so my options aren't looking good.

One last bizzump as I have to pull the trigger soon if I'm going to make this happen.

Anyone? For reference, mid 30's, married guy that just loves to ski pow! No one else wants to take advantage of this? Cheers.

Did you check out the last minute hotel deals on Whistler's site? I see hotel rooms for $89/night. Not exactly dirt cheap, but probably worth it given the current conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    One last bizzump as I have to pull the trigger soon if I'm going to make this happen.

Anyone? For reference, mid 30's, married guy that just loves to ski pow! No one else wants to take advantage of this? Cheers.
    FWIW, Comish is a Maggot of the highest order.
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

Puma, I have 2 of your 4 issues. Baby, Mrs. Comish has been gone all week traveling, no job ie low on expendable income, and an improving knee although by no means normal. Sometimes you gotta do it!!!
    Yeah, I hear you about just doing it. Believe me, I am watching very closely what is happening up north, and it is KILLING me...

I finally goto the Orthopedic surgeon TODAY. I missed the last half of last season after screwing my ankle. I did PT, and was told in the end it was Ortho time...Like a fool (I have "good" excuses) I put that visit off. 11 months later, the ankle is still not good twisting under weight. I can walk, I can run, I cannot have lateral twisting movement, or something pops between my ankle and the heal...not ideal. I am resigned to the reality that I likely have a surgery in the near future, and I am now holding hope for some epic spring days later this season...

I thought about taping the crap out of it, and trying to take it "easy"...but figured in the end, I first needed to speak with someone in the know. More damage would simply endanger future seasons, and most importantly, not allow me to show my young son how to properly kick a ball! (I call it operation English Premier league\my retirement plan!)

I'll still be watching the conditions, and living vicariously through the TR's here...

For you, tell the wife..."Honey, I just gotta go. These kind of conditions come but a few times a year, if that, and I must be there when it happens." (I use this, problem is, my wife hears this too often, she's catching on) LOL

Cheers Puma and H-. Good luck w/ the ankle. I have been on the injured reserve list for too long as well.

Yeah, Mrs. Comish is totally cool with it. No problem there. I married good I had to go and see what kinda clothes/gear I had at home since most of it is all in Mammoth. Hmm, do I really need goggles or a hat

I can also relate to the showing my son how to kick a ball (although he will be an Arsenal supporter . I can ski, but can't really run/kick a ball yet with my knee. It seems to be the last thing coming for me. Oh well. I think I'm gonna wing it.
    Last edited by comish; 11-20-2009 at 12:01 PM.

FKNA, booked the flight. Getting into Seattle at 6:20 tonight. I will be there tomorrow. Wish it was today, but hey, can't complain.

I can prolly offer rides up to Whistler tomorrow morning. Not sure from where yet as I'm not sure where I'm going to spend tonight. thinking Bellingham...

6.20 in Seattle, I'd head straight to Whistler, and not stop in Bham. You'd get in a bit late, but ready to roll the next morning!

Ortho appointment was as expected, a torn retinaculum. MRI ordered to confirm, and surgery is the only way forward. 6 to 8 week "recovery"...but I expect it to take longer.

I asked him if I could tape, and give it a try on the mountain. He was not optimistic, but further damage was not likely at this point.

I now want this to move QUICKLY forward, spring skiing is my goal...

Enjoy Whistler Comish! It will be very good. Hopefully they start opening up a bit more also, but regardless, will be phenomenal! TR expected!!!!

yeah, but I have no place to stay tonight. I found a hostel tomorrow. Tonight I'm rolling the dice...

Might have a friend of a friend in B-ham, hence that idea.

Anyone have a room to offer hit me dougmgriffith AT yahoo DOT com

Good luck on surgery.

Attaboy comish. Rip it up. Take pics. All us other folks are living vicariously through you.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

yeah, but I have no place to stay tonight. I found a hostel tomorrow. Tonight I'm rolling the dice...

Might have a friend of a friend in B-ham, hence that idea.

Anyone have a room to offer hit me dougmgriffith AT yahoo DOT com

Good luck on surgery.
    I can't understand why someone does not hook you up with a couch to crash on!

Worse case, you'll be up very early and still there for freshies in the morning.

Nice work on the rally.

I would if I didn't live with my parents...

Give me a call tomorrow if you want to rip though. I'll be up with a crew, but you're free to join. I pmed you my number.

I already have a storm chasing buddy on my couch, else I would too.

My dog sleeps on the couch. He doesnt like to share.

i have 2 people in the couch - sorry. Am touring tomorrow probably

Comish, post in the "Whister's Getting Spanked" thread. ..
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

I got him hooked up for the night now boys lets go skiing

this thread makes me smile.

Today was oh so fun. Cheers to lookinback for the sofa and pasta last night. You !

I'm toast now. Getting ready to do it again tomorrow \

Met some guys on the 1st lift who are putting me up. Storm chasing is good!

Kick ass, way to pull the trigger. get some pics going
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....