Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    please see his most recent thread....ugh

AKPM takes a ton of shit, sure, but he brings it on himself, he has been, told/asked to chill on the dumb ass posts and yet still posts "pow skiing or sex" COME ON.

must be a more deserving person IMO.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by Crinkle

AKPM takes a ton of shit, sure, but he brings it on himself, he has been, told/asked to chill on the dumb ass posts and yet still posts "pow skiing or sex" COME ON.

I very much agree here, a kid who cross-country skis everyday in the winter, AND POSTS TR's ABOUT THEM EVERYDAY, does not deserve new pistols...set up some sort of contest to spread some stoke on the board...or something..

sorry, but i have to put my 2 cents in here.....

Quote Originally Posted by homerjay
    He rides Public Enemies. Not exactly a beater. Maybe he gets the SP's and he sends his PE's to un and down's kid. That's what I'm talkin' aboot.
    Holy shit you guys have no idea what it means to me to get nominated to get the skis seriously i would love to have em. I was thinking along the lines of homerjay, theres a couple of kids I know could use my PEs or my Dynastars, and skins too OMG seriously it would help me so much I haven't figured out how to scrounge the money for skins, let alone an at setup

I graciously accept the seth pistols if you really want to give em to me and will owe you many many beers
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by FigureEleven
    Plus, with some seth pistols... he might just get laid.
    I doubt it I'm pretty fat and chicks up here don't dig SPs as much, but who needs sex when you have SPs right?

AKPM seems like a good guy and an admirable choice, but he's already got new skis.

I nominate my younger brother (20y/o) Zac. He's currently on a pair of '99 "well used" Dynastar Max Zeros. He had to sell off the rest of his ski equipment last year to raise some fast cash. While he was out deer hunting with his friends, somebody shot a hole in his truck. That's right, when he and his friends walked back, there was a 3" hole above his right rear wheel and an empty 12 gage shell on the ground. It wasn't a new truck, nor was it simply cosmetic damage. The slug fucked up the suspension back there, and made his car virtually undrivable. He sold the rest of his ski & snowboard gear to get it fixed so he could keep his job and continue to go to school at the community college. His plan was to buy new/used stuff before the season started, but that money went to college instead. And I thought somebody keying my car was bad...

Now he's up here in Minneapolis with me going to the U of MN, but his ski equipment consists of said Max Zeros mounted with some Tyrolia D8 power selects. No boots (i'm gonna get him some for Christmas, shhhhh). Being away from his friends and family (me excluded) is going to do a number on him this winter as it did to me last winter (my first here). We'd both been diagnosed years ago with seasonal affective disorder, basically winter depression. The treatment? Prozac and getting lots of sun - which can be a pain in the ass during the bitter winters here. New boards will not only make his fucking day; they'll take the edge off the bitter Minnesota winters by giving him some super incentive to get out on the hills and go off instead of watching the 10am sportscenter again or playing more Halo.

Sure he doesn't post here now (lurks under my name sometimes), but you can bet your asses he'd jump right in and kick things off with a thank you thread.

As Dennis Miller once said, "Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."

- Ben
    "I smell varmint puntang."

I think He's a great candidate for the skis. But do we really need to encourage him?

How about you give the boy a stipulation that before he posts, he put more thought into what he throws up here. Or relegate him to "the padded room" for all the sucky threads.

AKPM, tell me your story, yeah it's cool everyone is nominating you but I don't know anything about you. FNG, your bro sounds like a good candidate as well. I will be keeping him in mind. As for the rest ya'll, did you get the memo, I'm giving away skis for free, bring on the stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinkle

Ditto
    My Montana has an East Infection

I nominate AKPM - maybe it'll get him laid.
    Seriously though, his enthusiasm is infectious and besides, he puts up with more from the guys here than any teenager should.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr
    AKPM, tell me your story, yeah it's cool everyone is nominating you but I don't know anything about you. FNG, your bro sounds like a good candidate as well. I will be keeping him in mind. As for the rest ya'll, did you get the memo, I'm giving away skis for free, bring on the stories!
    I ski everyday in the winter XC or otherwise, think about nothing but skiing, and am more passionate about the sport then anybody I know, if you give me the skis I will pass on my PEs to a worthy person, or keep em at alpenglow in case anybody needs skis ever as a loaner pair (theres no rentals there) I'm not very big on using periods in writing and I take pictures at every opportunity possible. I live in Eagle River Alaska, and have been exploring options to get longer boards for a long time but I am broke as hell and barely have enough money to pay for gas to get to school

I'd say give 'em to Honc, but he can't keep skis for long, whether it be theft, avalanche, airline loss, or what have ya. Sorry cousin, just kidding.
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

seth pistols? has anyone seen the kid ski? does anyone know if the kid's real? haha, just puttin another couple pennies...
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

Quote Originally Posted by house
    seth pistols? has anyone seen the kid ski? does anyone know if the kid's real? haha, just puttin another couple pennies...
    Haha, that'd be fucking rich. Just the idea of 2 Brett aliases getting free skis cracks me up.

i say give the skis to yogachick if she agrees to change her avatar.

really though, akpm sounds like a good candidate to get the skis and ships the pe's (out of his own pocket) to fng's bro.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG
    AKPM seems like a good guy and an admirable choice, but he's already got new skis.

I nominate my younger brother (20y/o) Zac. He's currently on a pair of '99 "well used" Dynastar Max Zeros. He had to sell off the rest of his ski equipment last year to raise some fast cash. While he was out deer hunting with his friends, somebody shot a hole in his truck. That's right, when he and his friends walked back, there was a 3" hole above his right rear wheel and an empty 12 gage shell on the ground. It wasn't a new truck, nor was it simply cosmetic damage. The slug fucked up the suspension back there, and made his car virtually undrivable. He sold the rest of his ski & snowboard gear to get it fixed so he could keep his job and continue to go to school at the community college. His plan was to buy new/used stuff before the season started, but that money went to college instead. And I thought somebody keying my car was bad...

Now he's up here in Minneapolis with me going to the U of MN, but his ski equipment consists of said Max Zeros mounted with some Tyrolia D8 power selects. No boots (i'm gonna get him some for Christmas, shhhhh). Being away from his friends and family (me excluded) is going to do a number on him this winter as it did to me last winter (my first here). We'd both been diagnosed years ago with seasonal affective disorder, basically winter depression. The treatment? Prozac and getting lots of sun - which can be a pain in the ass during the bitter winters here. New boards will not only make his fucking day; they'll take the edge off the bitter Minnesota winters by giving him some super incentive to get out on the hills and go off instead of watching the 10am sportscenter again or playing more Halo.

Sure he doesn't post here now (lurks under my name sometimes), but you can bet your asses he'd jump right in and kick things off with a thank you thread.

As Dennis Miller once said, "Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."

- Ben
    That is worthy of a second vote.

I'd say Sammwich but he can afford new skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime
    I'd say Sammwich but he can afford new skis.
    Isn't he blowing all his cash so that he can live at W/B this winter? I'd throw in a vote for him if he needs the skis...

Quote Originally Posted by dipstik
    Isn't he blowing all his cash so that he can live at W/B this winter? I'd throw in a vote for him if he needs the skis...
    Yah, but I think Sam's shootin' for a spancered life, and if he can't pick up a sponsor in the Village, he has zero people skills.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Stall
    I'd say give 'em to Honc, but he can't keep skis for long, whether it be theft, avalanche, airline loss, or what have ya. Sorry cousin, just kidding.
    ha! he is well stocked right now actually.

i vote that FNG's bro gets skis somehow - either AKPM's PEs that i have heard all too much about or the pistols. it might make sense to send the BC setup to AK and the regular set up to the midwest?
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    i vote that FNG's bro gets skis somehow - either AKPM's PEs that i have heard all too much about or the pistols. it might make sense to send the BC setup to AK and the regular set up to the midwest?
    The skins certainly would find a better home with another maggot, but we see our share of B/C visiting an uncle in Colorado Springs once or twice a winter. Regardless, massive amounts of stoke and karma is to be had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    ha! he is well stocked right now actually.

Can you mount XC bindings on SP's? Because akpm seems to do more XC skiing than actual downhill skiing.

akpm plans on being on patrol next winter - patrollers get cheap gear. He definitely doesn't deserve them. Hook up somebody who will actually know what to do with them, and isn't likely to sell them in order to buy a car, like akpm. I'm sure there's a deserving Ootard out there. I'd nominate a local, but he just blew his knee out towards the end of this last winter following some big pro snowboarder around Baker, with mbs, wc, and myself watching, so he won't need them this coming winter.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

I ski on some 185 Olin Revolutions rock skis that have a clearish orange base that I've had to p-tex the crap out of with a black p-tex candle. It looks really bad, but it gets the job done. My dad bought them around 1991 when a local sporting goods store near our home was going out of business. He went to the store every night and pondered about a week before buying them. He gave them to me when I moved to the mountains for a year. That is when they received the most abuse. Now I too live in the midwest but I still use those skis behind our snowmobile off of little jumps that I build. If I had some big fat powder skis I would probably move back to the mountains to ski deep powder, but my Olin's just can't handle that deep stuff compared to the fat skis of today.
    "Whoever said skiing on fat skis is like having sex with a fat chick, has obviously never had sex with a fat chick." -Jack Handy

^^^ the only thing holding you back from moving to the mtns is a pair of fat skis? damn, dude, youre set if you ask me.

I'll donate my skis toanyone who wants them they kindof beater but i'd be much apreciative if you'd give them to me i'd ski with ingrid all overAK and i'll put upsweet shotes of it all, thnks, AKPM

edit:shit, forgot to sign in as AKPM...
    Last edited by BlurredElevens; 10-11-2004 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    I'll donate my skis toanyone who wants them they kindof beater but i'd be much apreciative if you'd give them to me i'd ski with ingrid all overAK and i'll put upsweet shotes of it all, thnks, AKPM

edit:shit, forgot to sign in as AKPM...
    Use of contractions and punctuation is at a 4th grade level, clearly not AKPM.

Damn Blurred, nice edit.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

ok, sorry to "rain on the parade" but im not so sure longer fat skis are what are needed in this case: AKPM steeze

that makes about $.04, sorry