Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater
    Werd, Skip. I think he's deserving, for sure, but I don't think this should be open to non-mags as of this date/time because then it becomes second hand stories, etc. Just my $.02!
    Then I'll give him my sp's, leaving me skiless, and I can be the recipient.
    Last edited by Skip Dooley; 10-07-2004 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater
    Werd, Skip. I think he's deserving, for sure, but I don't think this should be open to non-mags as of this date/time because then it becomes second hand stories, etc. Just my $.02!
    Have to agree with the Float-man on this one. But Skip, when the season starts, get in touch with me. I'll be hitting up Mammoth and have some boards (193 Flame Bigs) I could hook your buddy up with if he's still on the beaters. Sorry for the hijack easy.

Wow. Way to be, easyrdr! I'll thankfully partake in the karmic benefits (hopefully snow) that this gesture is sure to bring to LCC.

Leave the writing contests to POWDER. I'm with Cletus on this one: absolutely

Costumes: http://www.phdtop.com/glow/glow1080.jpg

Good lord Tip, that's god awful.

I have to say, I may disagree with the Rev on this, I think Devin is exactly the kind of candidate that easy was looking for. In his original post, didn't he say "you, or anyone you know" or something like that? This kid may not be a maginion, but his life can still be changed by us...

Just like splat and the doods down in Ushuaia who gave up good gear to deserving people, I kind of like spreading the good will we occassionally foster here to those outside the board, thereby making the community bigger and stronger...

hmmm...i dunno...
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    That's hard to believe. There are people on a skiing chat room that do not own one pair of skis?
    I snowboard. Ski/Snowboard Chat room.

edit: oh, and I do own a pair of skis. They are not mounted and circa 1992 race skis that previously had MARKER bindings on them.
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 10-07-2004 at 12:48 PM.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Maybe he could send 'em to Glen Plake.

I'm with Yoss on this one. A pari of Pistols might be just the thing to push an aspiring Maggot over the edge into full-on Maggotness.

What about a guy like AKPowderMonkey though... Shows up on the board... takes more shit than anyone ever has (some was warranted)... But then keeps on posting snow stoke and fish stoke and scenic stoke and whatever else. Now he is a regular contributor and has had to earn any shred of respect that has been given to him. If i remeber correctly he has some real beater skis, and plans that have really outgrown them. This guy seems maggot to the core to me. Plus, with some seth pistols... he might just get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    That's hard to believe. There are people on a skiing chat room that do not own one pair of skis?
    Yup, there are.
    (damn 10 character limit)
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Thumbs up

Very nice indeed.

Poll time!
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by FigureEleven
    What about a guy like AKPowderMonkey though... Shows up on the board... takes more shit than anyone ever has (some was warranted)... But then keeps on posting snow stoke and fish stoke and scenic stoke and whatever else. Now he is a regular contributor and has had to earn any shred of respect that has been given to him. If i remeber correctly he has some real beater skis, and plans that have really outgrown them. This guy seems maggot to the core to me. Plus, with some seth pistols... he might just get laid.
    Good point, plus isnt he skiing as a photog at Alyeska or something like that. He got a pass in exchange for a photog job.

If he is on beaters, that would be nice to have him on something decent as his workplace will require him on skis all day.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by FigureEleven
    Agreed on all counts!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

i think he's throwing down on some pubik enamas already. he posted lots of pictures of them last season.
    not that he wouldnt be stoked for bigger skis.

AKPM is a good idea............even if the kid didn't ski at all I think he deserves it for all the shots on the chin he takes here.......................

and that would no doubt solidify a free place to stay in AK for the donater of ski's
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

you guys kick ass, CS stepping up for no other reason then to help a skier out, I love this place.

I was gonna say Devin sounds like a fine candidate to me, but if AKPM really is on beater skis then maybe he deserves 'em too (wait a minute and I'm sure he'll pop in). As for Devin not being a maggot, we should blame Skippy! Get your best friend to register and then he can tell his own sob story about being a skier stranded in PA (he wouldn't be the first on this board)...
    And of course mad props to easy fo sheezy and CS for paying it forward, karma points both of ya
    Last edited by shamrockpow; 10-07-2004 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamrockpow
    Get your best friend to register and then he can tell his own sob story about being a skier stranded in PA (he wouldn't be the first on this board)...
    dammit, that cuts deep. how's it going, dan?

What's the consensus? AKPM gets the skis or should I write out a story for someone I think deserves a set of SPs?
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

AKPM gets em. Maggot. Takes a lot shit. Big on soul. mail them suckers.
    scroll to "Buy DVD", very bottom of page http://bhandf.com/bhandf%202008/longform.htm I do not work for Bill, just dig his work.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. (It) is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. . .There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so. . .people won't feel insecure around you. . . -Williamson

The kid does already has Public Enemies.

I still say at this stage he is the most worthy though.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

AKPM definately seems to be the most worthy padawan maggot
    • Excessive, obsessive gear questioning 10 yards, loss of down
    • Not using techtak 5 yards
    • Excessive spraying 10 yards loss of down

i'd vote AKPM if he didn't already have real skis

so i'm gonna have to vote for telekoptero... he's a homeless dirty hippie ;-)

he is a super dedicated maggot and helps others all the time

he really needs real skis... bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

What's going to keep a self-serving asshole from signing on under a different name and nominating himself using an alias?

there's been a lot of negativity around here lately so I wouldn't be surprised if some cack smoker tried to pull that off.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy
    too lazy to look right now but wasnt there a "my boys amovin to the Vail area and cant afford crap, any suggestions?" thread a while back? seems this would be a good thing for such a young man and much in the spirit of your beginnings in ski country
    yeah, i started that thread ..... thanks for remembering woodsy, but a 189 pistol is way too much ski for my son, at least for this season. he's not much of a pow skier yet, and even if/when his skills do improve a 189 will probably be too long for him considering his size (5'10" 145 lb.)
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

I'm obviously all for AKPM but I don't want this gesture on behalf of easyrdr to become a license to hate on him anymore than we already have. Know what I mean, Vern?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."