boot last measurement?

Helping a friend buy a pair of boots. Pretty much have all the other info on boots, but what is the boot last measurement? Is this a specific measurement for each boot maker or is this a universal measurement like BSL?
    The boots she is looking at are the Salomon Divine's with a last measurement of 102.

In general, the last is a measurement of the width of the front of your foot. It's a little more in depth than that, but that is the general idea. The measurement is pretty much standard, a 100mm last in one boot, should be identical to a 100mm last in another boot.
    "In any case, I hate everything that merely instructs me without augmenting or directly invigorating my activity" - Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by crazex View Post
    ...The measurement is pretty much standard, a 100mm last in one boot, should be identical to a 100mm last in another boot.
    Not always. A 98mm in a Tecnica and a 98 in a Garmont or Rossi will feel different and may have been measured in a different location on the last.

Also, a 98 mm last is usually based on a 26.5 mondopoint shell size. The last width (or mold of the foot used to make the boot) is no longer a 98 mm in a 28.5, but likely closer to 100 or 101mm.

I've heard that last widths grow by 3/16" in for each mondopoint size delineation, but I think this is excessive.

thanks...

Just not a measurement I've really paid much attention to before and don't see it listed much.