Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    On top gear they said the world record speeding ticket was a bugatti doing mach looney in texas. Same guy?!

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    i cried at the end, watching them load it on the flatbed, thinking of all those wasted dollars the owner could have invested in my ski gear as a generous benefactor, when bubba said FUCK the roll pan and just kept on a'yankin. I wonder if they have heard about neutral in TX...
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Bubba thought it was a big gator, gatorboy.

The driver claimed to be "distracted by a low flying pelican".

Too bad, these tourists were interested in the Bugatti during it's exit from the road:

http://jalopnik.com/5404403/exclusiv...yline=true&s=i

Warning, they do swear appropriately at the event. Incredible.
    Hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    It's a fucking car. This dude is filthy fucking rich and good for him for that. Why all the hate?
    It's because these grapes are really fucking sour!!

Still, I'd be willing to bet my pinky finger that the Veyron owner is a douchebag.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

I would also bet that he'll be dropped by his insurance company.

The hate is due to his stupid actions being akin to someone not paying attention and spilling soda on a painting in a museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    .. his stupid actions being akin to someone not paying attention and spilling soda on a [very expensive] painting [that they own]
    fixed it for you.

edit: hmm, why is my post-count constantly decreasing? i've hit 6000 a couple of times now. wonder who's deleting threads

Holy shit how lucky to catch that crash on film!

Natural Selection at work: Texting and driving cars with 4 turbochargers.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post

Believe it or not, you actually DO have to replace the rims every so often. Not sure if it's 8,000 or not, but they don't last very long.
    Um, no.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckh View Post
    The driver claimed to be "distracted by a low flying pelican".

Too bad, these tourists were interested in the Bugatti during it's exit from the road:

http://jalopnik.com/5404403/exclusiv...yline=true&s=i
    THAT IS FUCKING CLASSIC! Um, no jerking of the wheel, no pelican and no brains either. Dude just leisurely sauntered into the lagoon. What a fag. A lying fag at that. I hope his insurance has the $2 mil check made out to "go fuck yourself"
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    Look at it this way, had he not crashed, then Bubba wouldn't have gotten paid.
    Proof that trickle-down stupidity WORKS!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by mdp View Post
    Um, no.
    sadly, yes. The tires last 7,000km and the wheels last 12,000 km according to: http://us.wannahaves.com/item/babef3...nothing-better

^^

That's strictly because anyone rich enough to buy the car will no doubt be lacking the common sense to say "bullshit" and just pony up the dough. I wonder what they charge for an oil change.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

I've been next so one of these when the owner turned it on. Deep, silky exhaust. But more than anything, you can actually hear the car sucking in massive quantities of air. Really amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    ^^

That's strictly because anyone rich enough to buy the car will no doubt be lacking the common sense to say "bullshit" and just pony up the dough. I wonder what they charge for an oil change.
    As the Bugatti Veyron approached the top speed during the test, May said that "the tyres will only last for about fifteen minutes, but it's okay because the fuel runs out in twelve minutes".

The cost of the first scheduled service on a Veyron is £13,645 ($22,322), with later services getting more expensive. Tires need to be replaced approximately every 4,000 kilometres (2,500 mi). The cost of tires for a Veyron is £6,325 ($10,347) a set, and they can be fitted only by Bugatti. Bugatti says that labour is the bulk of the cost at £6,000 ($9,815), which also includes checking the many complex systems on the car. At every third tyre change, the roadwheels must be replaced. The cost to extend the original two-year new car warranty is £38,000 ($62,164) for 1 year, and £63,000 ($103,062) for 2 years.

^^^yeah but you get to do it in an underground James Bond type facility where Q sets you up with the latest new gadgetry that happens to be exactly what you need in that one moment.

From Andy's web site's home page
    8/25/09 Performance Auto Sales is currently looking to spend several million dollars on your used Lambo, FORD GT, Ferrari, or any other excotic car!!
    looks like maybe Andy's business was suffering, as you would expect during these times.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    In THIS economy... I'd wonder at least a little bit if a smart guy figures he'd rather have the insurance money than the car and maybe a car payment?
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

yeah that's what my point was supposed to be. i had that feeling before watching the video. after watching the car be driven into the lagoon, and now knowing the engine was left running by the owner of a company that works exclusively on these types of cars, i'm certain there is fraud of some sort involved.

you'd think the tow operator would put it in neutral before dragging it up the truck ramp. painful to watch.

remeber the guy who wrecked (i mean obliterated) his brand new Enzo Ferrari doing 160 on the PCH? He was racing an MB SLR andwith 5" of clearance hit a bump, launched and severad a telephone pole. Morons.

How long before Galveston CL has an ad for a 2008 Bugatti Veyron for $990,000, salvage title?
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

What was the speed of that record ticket? When I took my rider training course there was a guy there with a tricked out ZX-14 who the cops spotted at X place on the highway, then caught him about 12 exits north when he got off the highway- his AVERAGE speed to cover that distance in that amount of time? 190. He was there by requirement to get his license back, though I don't get why they thought he could do 190+ sustained but needs another training course... I'd love to know what the record was...

http://www.nytrafficticket.com/articles/?article=153

my bad, 252 mph in texas in a Koenigseggs CCR.