Santa Cruz G Deck

Anybody have or try one out? What did you like and what didn't you like about it?
    Active member of Citizens for a Coastal Colorado.

Yeah, I have the 5'10". It's a little on the small side for my petite frame(240#). It's also a better board than I am surfer. Don't know where you're located, but you are welcome to try it out in the bay area, or buy mine. I'll hook it up!!!
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Yeah...I can't decide if the 5'10" is better for me or just go for the 5'5". Im 5'11" and 150. I am leaning more towards the 5'5".

Yeah, I think the 5'5" is more in your range, depending on how your paddling is. Then again, for $250 you could have a 5'10"...

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    It's also a better board than I am surfer.
    What didn't you like about the board? Hard to control,initiate turns, speed...etc?

No, definitely not hard to initiate turns. I think the website describes this board as for 1-4' waves. Groveler, no? At my height and weight, I need early into the wave, so basically I can't paddle the board fast enough. Also, in smaller waves I need more surface area, as I tend to sink the board. I'm sure this could be solved if I was better at paddling and could generate speed more efficiently. The SC website has weight ranges for the boards, and I ignored this with the G-Deck. I was hoping because I made the Pumpkin Seed work, this would work. Not the case.

DUDE!!! HIT ME UP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Yeah, I think the 5'5" is more in your range, depending on how your paddling is. Then again, for $250 you could have a 5'10"...
    Dude, if you still have that 5'10 I want it, I live up in Santa Cruz and will drive over to get it for $250 right away! Let me know as fast as you can! You can reach me at either 510-501-9477 or predx32@hotmail.com!

$250 is a good deal on this board. predx32 if you end up getting this let me know how you like it.

I am looking at picking up a gdeck but there is no information available.

what does it ride like? is the deck awkward? any information would be helpful.

also what size pumpkin seed did you ride?

do you still have that g deck?

Board is still available.

Pumpkin Seed size is 6'8". The deck on the g-d is a little short, but the board is 5'10", and I'm used to longer. Just need a little more push on the paddle for smaller waves.

do you have any pictures of the board? you can e-mail them to me at antgarcia6@sbcglobal.net

G deck Sold. let me know when and where man i will take it off your hands!

hey if u can get that kilz primer off of that board i will pay 300 or 350 for your trouble. i dont want the paint chipping and stuff makng the board all grody. let me know bra

We seem to be having a little problem with communication, here. I will not, ever, attempt to remove the Kilz from this board. It doesn't come off with any kind of thinner, and that leaves scraping. The board is not "grody", as you saw from the multiple pictures I sent you. There is no chipping, as this stuff simply does not come off. You can offer me $1,000, but I'm not going to try to remove it. I don't know you, nor do I have any assurance that you would buy the board if I did scrape the paint off. The board was offered for $250, because I wanted to move it. You're wasting my time.

hey cool dude fuck you

hey i mean im way into this board and i would almost garuntee you that id buy it frm u because this board is gunna be the first on my quiver so if u want to stop making an assclown of urself on the forum then talk business and i can get it from u for whatever if u can do the paint stuff or i will buy it from u with the primer and stuff i just dont know much about this primer.

Quote Originally Posted by hbsurf View Post
    hey if u can get that kilz primer off of that board i will pay 300 or 350 for your trouble. i dont want the paint chipping and stuff makng the board all grody. let me know bra
    Did you just say grody?

yeah what of it asshole

Hah! The bottom line is that I'm not doing business with you. Also, the way this forum works is NOT where a 9-post JONG calls out a 1,059-post pillar of the surf forum and calls him an asshole. Go screw yourself. Also, if you're trying to make this board the first in your quiver, you are a pathetic moron.

na bro whats pathetic is a 240 pound guy trying to surf this board in the bay area talk to me when u get out of that shit hole and come down here and surf, because these breaks are way too good for a monster trying to surf a board who's more than 50 pounds out of the weight range. LATE

I've recently cut down. Don't know where you are, but you obviously don't know shit about waves. Again, you are trying to buy your first board for your quiver with a 5'10 groveler. Have a great life, but leave supermodel alone.

Quote Originally Posted by hbsurf View Post
    na bro whats pathetic is a 240 pound guy trying to surf this board in the bay area talk to me when u get out of that shit hole and come down here and surf, because these breaks are way too good for a monster trying to surf a board who's more than 50 pounds out of the weight range. LATE
    Please define "down here."

I have to agree with BS720. Why would he ever waste his time customizing the board for someone he doesn't know for a couple more bucks. By the board for $250 and do it yourself or look elsewhere and the next time you try to buy a board loose the southern california attitude.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by colsurfer View Post
    the next time you try to buy a board loose the southern california attitude.
    the problems started when the attitude went on the loose.