Pffft! Gravity Plopper!

I had that feeling. I had just cleaned that little wall at the top of the last climb. Holy shit! Ive never cleaned this little hill before! I was tired and sweaty, its been a long day and wed been climbing for 1.5h. Some tequila infusion was helping a bit, and shot blocks too. It was chilly and slightly dark, we were being quiet since the fire station was pretty near I was getting fired up for the lovely, swoopy, illicit dirt to come.

Uhhhh? Hey guys, um hey, can you wait a minute, I have a total fail here.

My first thought F#*k! Im going to have to descend pavement! 10:38 pm.

Thats a pretty wee seatpost inside that guy

Failed right at the 2nd hole that it locks at when in the up position, about down inside the outer post.

Zipties are my favorite!

It broke rather quietly. On the way up I heard a slightly odd sound and I thought it was just the way my pack was sitting or something was funky with how my shorts were rubbing the saddle. It wasn't any kind of creak or anything. Hell at least there was nice pavement to ride within a 1/2 mile of the trail. and we had full lights with blinkys so we were legal at that point...

That's crazy. What model is that, the Turbo? I bet those guys (GD) take care of you, let us know how it works out.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Agree with Particle, get them on the phone and they will hook you up, I haven't broke one but was very surprised how above and beyond they went when I sent my 3 year old GD in this year for a rebuild, I think the only thing they didn't replace was the outer post because they had new versions for almost everything else on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Agree with Particle, get them on the phone and they will hook you up, I haven't broke one but was very surprised how above and beyond they went when I sent my 3 year old GD in this year for a rebuild, I think the only thing they didn't replace was the outer post because they had new versions for almost everything else on it.
    What did it cost for the rebuild? Might have to do that with mine, I'm starting to get some increased play in the post...not noticeable when riding but it is kinda annoying knowing it's there.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    What did it cost for the rebuild? Might have to do that with mine, I'm starting to get some increased play in the post...not noticeable when riding but it is kinda annoying knowing it's there.
    Just checked my email receipt and it was $20.50 plus $5.50 for shipping, I sent mine because it was having some issues with locking in the positions when I was trying to adjust the height. There is still a little play, basically like it was when it was new but I think there is a little less since the rebuild. Think they replaced the cable/housing, inner post and the internals on mine. If you call the number on their site they were very informative about what they would do during the rebuild process and I think they said their turnaround was pretty much the same day they receive it and that was mid-summer.

Crutchpost

"But, they have great customer service!!!!!"

Who needs a seat for the downhill anyways?

Yes, it's a Turbo.

I thought about riding trail downhill but I kinda like my babymaker where it is. Plus we have to climb out of this trail a bit and climbing with my seat in a super low position, held tentatively by zipties wasn't going to work for me or my knees.

Crutchpost indeed!