Binding Grease Revisited

Yes, I did search and found that out of the 4 times this question has been asked there hasn't been one straight-forward clear answer given.

I just ran out of the "official" Tyrolia binding grease I had. With all the mags on here that do their own mounts you'd think that someone has a recommendation of a specific off-the-shelf grease (like from Home Depot or the local hardware store) that would work well.

The white lithium stuff I've got sitting in the garage is not the stuff. The black crap I use to grease my garage door opener chain and tracks is not the stuff.

What's the right stuff?

I love Phil Wood green tube grease for everything, but I'd love to hear what other people use!

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    I love Phil Wood green tube grease for everything, but I'd love to hear what other people use!
    Great question - I hate industry specific crap if its not needed (ski grease, bike grease, ball grease, etc.)

I have Phil Wood grease. He died recently, but his grease lives on.

I would think plastic compatible is the main attribute for a ski grease.
    Bike parts have plastic shit in the deraileurs, shifters, etc. and Phil Wood has never let me down there.
    . . .

Seems pretty hard to beat a grease that is designed for bindings, as G3 claims. I'm going to have to get some of that to try it out.

Yep. Phil woods $11
    G3 ski greas $30

I’m still using bike derailleur grease. Works great!
    . . .

List of plastic-safe lubricants here: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/topic/16...fe-lubricants/

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Seems pretty hard to beat a grease that is designed for bindings, as G3 claims. I'm going to have to get some of that to try it out.
    I use SuperLube Synthetic Grease in a 3 OZ. tube on all my tech bindings because it's good for cold temperatures, safe for plastics and resists washing out with water. It uses PTFE and silicone. Plus it's widely available and under $10. It's also clear and food safe so it finds a lot of other uses around the home and shop:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...hoC3tUQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by AweShuksan View Post
    I use SuperLube Synthetic Grease in a 3 OZ. tube on all my tech bindings because it's good for cold temperatures, safe for plastics and resists washing out with water. It uses PTFE and silicone. Plus it's widely available and under $10. It's also clear and food safe so it finds a lot of other uses around the home and shop:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...hoC3tUQAvD_BwE
    I'm going to have to pick up some of this. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.