Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Unless those are the Himalayas in the bottom right corner, that course still looks flat as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by lucho View Post
    Look below, to see Cal City and the course we had laid out. Believe me, it's not flat.
    Why don't you take it up to Lake Isabella, Kernville area? More mountains and a cool area. More interesting destination.

BTW I don't even own a Mountain bike but know the area

shhh. the kernville riding is too prime to share with others.

I didn't even open the original thread. the thread title just screamed 'lame'.

I used to drive regularly from mammoth to san diego. that area around ca city has no redeeming qualities other than low cost of living and a vibrant, thriving meth industry. and 3 million degree temperatures. and wind that drives the dust into your every crevice.

And anyone who 'corrects' the spelling of moran usually has interweb privileges revoked immediately.

Good luck with everything!
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by lucho View Post
    3.) Ah, California City, therein lies the conundrum! It's a great city with more open space (203 square miles of desert and hills and stuff, in fact), than you can imagine. It's High Desert and we're located 12 miles north of Edwards Air Force base, NASA and all kinds of secretive stuff! We are about 15 miles from Mojave, 23 miles east from Tehachapi, 43 miles south of Ridegecrest. If you were driving north to Mammoth on Hwy 14, you would pass right by the turnoff to our city, the same from Hwy 395.
    It's in the middle of nowhere and looks flat as fuck then you go on to list all the shitty places that are close. Ridgecrest and Mojave for fucks sake. Even most of the CA peeps here hadn't heard of California City. My whole family is from CA and I certainly hadn't.

Oh and I didn't read your original thread or this one until it reached 2 pages and only then it was grudgingly because I figured I was missing out on something funny. I wasn't disappointed.