Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: f-stop packs

Feature on a well known MTB photog using the satori.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/featu...3905/sspomer,2

Some good photos of it packed.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

dammit I saw Sven shooting the CX Nats, stood next to him in the straightaway shooting side by side, saw his fstop pack and didn't say anything

which is weird since I had my wife cook him a homemade mac and chz when he broke his neck...Turner riderz have to stick together, eh?

Satori looked big, like a multi-day pack. understandable.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

saaka! Guest
    Hi Eug,

In regards to your laptop issue. I have 17inch macbook and it slides in and out with great ease. I just double checked it now and it took just seconds to get it in and out with the ICU in place. Maybe your PC is larger?

I have traveled with this set up internationally through airports with ease. If it makes travel rougher I would be seriously surprised.

Also like they say at the scanner have your laptop out and ready.

Double checked and ICU is large, which is right for Tilopa. Actually, width and depth dimensions are the same between XL and L ICU, the only difference L is 15 inch tall vs 19 inch for XL.

saaka!, are you talking about Tilopa? Spec only calls for 15 inch laptop, Satori should fit 17. It is taking the machine in and out of the pack given how tight the fit is, that concerns me. I guess I am just used to be able to slide laptop in out my bags w/0 having to force it in.

saaka! Guest
    May I ask what computer you have?

I checked it with a Tilopa/Large ICU and I was using a 17inch mac. Provided macs are slippery and smooth... But I don't see it being an issue. I am actually impressed how smooth and easy traveling laptops and camera gear through the machine has gotten in the last year or so. Not sure if that is good or bad.

I have not travelled in the US since that last incident though...

I want to pull the trigger on a Tilopa soon but I can't really seem to find any photos or details on how good this is for moderate hikes ~(30 - 90 mins) with skis strapped on it. How well can you secure skis on this?

Any input asap would be much appreciated. Thanks

saaka! Guest
    Hi,

I am trying to track down some pictures of skis on the bags for you. Just waiting to here back from a few folks. I thought at one point Gunderson commented on the ski mounting on this site but I can't seem to find it.

Will let you know as soon as I do.

Well, I went and ordered one anyhow yesterday and I guess I'll figure it out when it gets to me on Monday.

I think I'm eventually going to want the small ICU to put into this so I can bring more ski gear along but time will tell. If you find any photos and it's not too much trouble, post them anyhow.

Looking forward to getting this after all the rave reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by saaka! View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to track down some pictures of skis on the bags for you. Just waiting to here back from a few folks. I thought at one point Gunderson commented on the ski mounting on this site but I can't seem to find it.

Will let you know as soon as I do.

saaka! Guest
    Ok, No pictures yet but we should have some soon. Grant mounts them on the back with the snowboard straps as opposed to A-Framing.

We are currently working on setting the bag up so it can A-frame much better in future production runs.

As for ICU's... what I think you will eventually want is the Medium ICU. This one should be out in May. It is tapered for a shovel but still holds a Pro body and 70-200L mounted. Same width as the others. I can fit my 16-35L, 15mm and my tele mounted in it, with room... I may have mentioned this already in the post.

Sounds like A framing is not the way to go then. It looks/sounds like a great pack to ski with (which is my main concern), but not so easy for hiking with skis on. That makes me a bit nervous. I'd definitely like to see some pics if you can dig them up.

Quote Originally Posted by saaka! View Post
    Ok, No pictures yet but we should have some soon. Grant mounts them on the back with the snowboard straps as opposed to A-Framing.

We are currently working on setting the bag up so it can A-frame much better in future production runs.

Does anyone in Front Range Colorado have one of the F-Stop packs? I would love to check one out in person!

Hey saaka, any more info on the (hopefully) upcoming Loka?

I emailed them a few weeks ago about the Loka, and they said it should be around May(ish?). It's up on their "order direct" site, but I want to see some pics before I pull the trigger.
    My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

saaka! Guest

Thumbs up

Hi... no new info I can share right now...

But to recap what I have shared online...

-34ish-L
    -Comes in small and regular sized harness.
    -removable frame.
    -holds Large or Medium ICU.
    -has side compression straps which can be used for ski carry and also flip over to hold a snowboard.
    -comes in 3 snappy colors (ice grey/ black'd out black/ all foilage(army) green).
    -has Hypalon base to keep your bag dry when in the snow or dirt.
    -new attachments to adapt ice axe's or related items.
    -we are also changing the ordering system so if your order a Loka with Medium ICU you can purchase the Large ICU at $30 instead of the regular price of $65 (that price is not official yet!!!, I will confirm it in the next few days). This will apply to the other bags as well.
    -new pockets cut for iphones and other common devices
    -new ICU interior color and more efficient use of space in shape

Those are the main points...

As for PreOrdering...

Let me explain why you should do this.

If you pre-order now you will save $50 off the price of the bag. This discount will be reduced over time, it is now set to expire on the 15th. I think it will get a little more life at this rate but not 100% sure (these are not my decisions).

So if you pre-order a pack, you are in no way committed to buying the bag sight unseen. You will not be charged until your bag actually is shipped from our warehouse. Which mean you have up until June to pull out of the order. Once the bags are on a boat making there way to the USA, we will start calling or emailing pre-ordered customers to make sure they still want the bag. If you decide you don't, it is no biggy we will cancel your order.

If you decide to keep it and receive it, you still have 45 days to decide weather the bag suits your needs. If not send it back for a refund.

It is a pretty safe system (for you). We also in the habit of throwing out extras for customers who do things like pre order.

So to summarize, pre-ordering can only save you money with no risk involved!

The preorder code is PreOrder3 and the link is here - http://tinyurl.com/lokapreorder

... sales pitch ends here

^^^^ will the Loka will have places for a shovel and probe?

I really should have jumped on the Tilopa pre-order. Anyone have one they want to sell? After skiing with the Satori loaded with all of Gunder's flash crap I am 100% impressed.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

and is there room for a hydration sleeve, packed down coat, skins, bag o trail mix?
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    and is there room for a hydration sleeve, packed down coat, skins, bag o trail mix?
    No but there's room for a pint bottle, a cabbage patch kid, a condom and a bong.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

pipe down, shorty.
    You know what to do

saaka! Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    If you mean the Loka. then yes. Medium is best for skiing in my opinion. But if you want to pack more camera gear then supplies, go with a Large.

The fit with your snow gear will be tight with the Large ICU and good with the Medium.

My idea when making this bag was for skiing backcountry or slacker out of bounds lines. Packing a body mounted to a 70-200L, 1-2 wides in to the Medium ICU, and your usual snow safety gear and food.

OK, saaka, I'm on board for a Loka....call it a maggot test pilot. i'm hoping that it will replace both my Mission Photo for light-use and a Dakine Ridge for those heavy flow days.

stoked to see what you created.
    You know what to do

saaka!, any pics of small/medium ICUs? I checked webiste and they are listed for order but no pics (or dimensions?).

Looking for something that leaves more room in Tilopa when I do not need all lenses flashes and need room for other gear.

saaka! Guest
    Good day at work yesterday, official 'product test' day. Solo mission up Mt Shakushi in North Alps of Japan.

Medium ICU inside, with fisheye, 70-200L, 5d and grip and 16-35L. Also had skins, split, crampons, poles, lunch, water, axe, layer, googles, toque, headlight, probe, shovel and some other smaller things.

5:20 with it my back, just over four hours of skinning and some ugly boot packing. One really long ride back to the car.

Really stoked on the bag.

Rode the right sholder into a north facing line off the summit of the mountain directly above the right edge of the house.

Is that hydration I see built into the pack?

saaka! Guest
    Hey Wren,

Yes it is. there is Hydration slot to run the valve out of the bag and you can slide it down the strap to keep it secure. works well

The actual bladder pouch and bladder is an optional buy.

Also I should mention the preorder code changed to 'PreOrder4'

Really pumped for this thing (preorder already in). Any further details on when it might ship?