Broken rear triangle/ Yeti 575

Makes me want to cry... a couple days before a planned Moab/Fruita/Grand Junction trip...

[IMG][/IMG]

I bought the bike new from a local to Denver bike shop in July of '06. I have kept the bike up but it does get a ton of use. Is it worth getting a new swing arm, and does anyone know what they cost? Is it time to go for a new frame? I have 2 other buddies with the same style (older) 575s that have had the same thing happen, although they occurred several years ago...

bummer....that's a heck of a ding just to the left of the broken part. Almost looks like something (rock?) hit and scratched/pulled the broken part apart...

damn, I'd get on the phone with Yeti ASAP, you never know what they might be able to offer you, even with it being out of warranty, if they still have extra rear triangles sitting around from the old 575 they might hook you up. Wish you were in SLC as I've got a 575 sitting here as my backup bike that you could at least borrow the rear off for the trip.

Whoa...it looks like you rode through an ocean.

Even companies that offer lifetime warranties on frames don't include rear triangles I just found out, it's considered a part of the suspension design.

Boutique companies like Yeti will normally hook you up, Santa Cruz did wonders for me outside of warranty period. Great service comes with a price, but worth it...

dude, get it into the shop ASAP, and i'll get you going ASAP.

either its free, or a crash replacement. cannot speak for them.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

mine failed at the exact same place.

Yeti had a new rear tri to me shipped and replaced on my bike for $0.

Seth is the fuckin' man. strip that shit from your bike and get it to them asap and you'll have no problems.

then get an 08-10 and go from black and white to full color. fucking bike rules my nutzzzz

exactly as the others said, but to add on, its a 5yr warranty on the 575 frame. should be low cost/no cost replacement, get on the phone phucker
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Yeah if you are in Denver you will be fine. I did the same thing two years ago and was back up and running in two days.

^^ What these guys are saying. Mine broke in the same spot the day before I had to leave for the Steamboat 24. Talked to Yeti CS, stripped the triangle down, took it to them and walked out with a new one. Sounds like you are in Denver area. Head there tomorrow. Or hit up Marshal....

that bike looks like it is left on a roof rack of a car that's driven for the whole winter. looks like road salt corrosion on the metal parts.

They should take care of you. They had a run of those rear triangles with crappy weld at the dropout, so they are familiar with that failure. Shouldn't be an issue.
    Irreplicability in Professionalismness

pics were taken when the bike was dirty, no corrosion... I took my frame in and Marshal got it over to Yeti the same day. Yeti also found a crack in the bottom bracket. They replaced my frame without a peep. I did have the original paperwork from the purchase showing that I was the original owner. I get to pick it up from Marshal's shop today. I can't say enough about how great the service is at Marshal's shop. I am also super psyched all over again about owning a Yeti. Thank you Marshal and thank you Yeti. I will continue to spread the good word...

awesome!
    i bet you're a yeti guy for life after being treated like that
    kickass.

Quote Originally Posted by drt View Post
    pics were taken when the bike was dirty, no corrosion... I took my frame in and Marshal got it over to Yeti the same day. Yeti also found a crack in the bottom bracket. They replaced my frame without a peep. I did have the original paperwork from the purchase showing that I was the original owner. I get to pick it up from Marshal's shop today. I can't say enough about how great the service is at Marshal's shop. I am also super psyched all over again about owning a Yeti. Thank you Marshal and thank you Yeti. I will continue to spread the good word...
    Nice....mine also just cracked in the bottom bracket getting a black 2009 frame to replace it. I also busted my rear triangle two years ago in the same place.

Pretty happy with Yeti and the 5 year warranty, really can't beat it. Although I did ride a Pivot this past weekend and those are sweet.