Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    27 inches in 24 hrs. 47 inches in 48 hrs. 188 inches in November. Holy fucking shit.
    I agree. Insane. Stay safe up there everyone.

Looks absolutely terrible. I'm so glad I have to work overtime and then come home and put up a christmas tree this weekend.

::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Looks absolutely terrible. I'm so glad I have to work overtime and then come home and put up a christmas tree this weekend.

You still at the same place wicked? Glad to hear they are keeping you busy. You know they shit canned everyone in the states and gave us not a single day of severance right? Watch your back with them.....

Going up tomorrow for the weekend, sooooooooo stoked!

FUCK YOU GUYS!!

have fun up there

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwater View Post
    You still at the same place wicked? Glad to hear they are keeping you busy. You know they shit canned everyone in the states and gave us not a single day of severance right? Watch your back with them.....
    Yes I am still there, and well aware of how they operate. The place never ceases to amaze me. I'll be gone before our Union contract is up for renegotiation in June. I really dont want to work here any more, but it will be very hard for me to find a job that pays this well with so little actual work involved.

They "let go" 25% of our admin staff, fired our president and nerfed everyone's benefits, no more chirstmas party or performance rewards. And there are Gestapo guys from head office wandering around all the time. I get the feeling that if we weren't unionized we'd be long gone. I immediately thought of you when they announced the closure/relocation at one of our financial meetings, and then saw your post shortly after.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Gawd damn I wanna fucking shoot myself. All my friends have been going up all week, they all had room in the car, and I've been stuck in town writing essays.

Enjoy the shred!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    27 inches in 24 hrs. 47 inches in 48 hrs. 188 inches in November. Holy fucking shit.
    With another 2ft on deck for the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    Gawd damn I wanna fucking shoot myself. All my friends have been going up all week, they all had room in the car, and I've been stuck in town writing essays.

Enjoy the shred!
    story of my life.....want to go up tomorrow man?

Honest question:
    The avalanche danger is high-extreme, but I don't see how a slab or weak layer could have formed. The way its come down I see it as a deep uniform layer.

Is the avalanche risk not from a slab type, but another type of failure? Or is it due to the lower layers being unconsolidated and is a slab type?

Quote Originally Posted by deliberate View Post
    Honest question:
    The avalanche danger is high-extreme, but I don't see how a slab or weak layer could have formed. The way its come down I see it as a deep uniform layer.

Is the avalanche risk not from a slab type, but another type of failure? Or is it due to the lower layers being unconsolidated and is a slab type?
    im not an expert, but it has been very windy on top of the mountain.

tonnes of new snow has fallen. all of it is unconsolidated by skiers. lots of new snow + high winds = soft slab, right?

there are also some layers underneath. I don't know what exactly, but punching my pole as far as it will go revealed 2ft powder - inch or less crust that was easily breakable, then powder under that and finally PNWet base snow

Quote Originally Posted by deliberate View Post
    Honest question:

You didn't follow this storm very well.

Winds were CRAZY at points. It's gotta be one massive ugly slap up in the alpine.

wondering how heavy the snow is, on average? tomorrow will be my first day up since feb 2007... haven't skied since my ACL surgery last season, not fully re-habbed yet either... deep wet snow may force me to hold off. anyone?

Would love to change nickels with people tomorrow.

I don't have my "normal" stuff since its in Mammoth, but blue marmot pants, XXL's, and black dobermans. I will be beeping as well and would love the company. Starting from Creekside in the AM.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Whistler Mags: Your November snow record was set in 2006. You just crushed it. What did Winter 2007 look like? 'Cause you are headed that way.

balls deep today....wow....the steepest was almost not steep enough! I forgot about standing in the rain for an hour exactly one turn in with a massive faceshot.....that and thigh deep on goats gulley first run.....hell yeah on c-side gondy tomorrow, I'll be there early, green jacket, brown pants, lib tech freerides....keep bringing it on Ullr!

Can't stand this anymore, anxiety levels are through the roof sitting at home. I'm on my way from Calgary. 97 and 99 are open but would you guys recommend against this and head through Vancouver instead. Its going to be an all nighter so see you in the am.

I can't believe people are actually talking about flying from the EC and driving from CGY for 3 running chairs on a Whistler saturday...

I guess I can't say much tho, I'll be in the gondy line first thing with the rest of you freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Can't stand this anymore, anxiety levels are through the roof sitting at home. I'm on my way from Calgary. 97 and 99 are open but would you guys recommend against this and head through Vancouver instead. Its going to be an all nighter so see you in the am.
    hah... nice.

See you on the hill

Quote Originally Posted by roadgap View Post
    I can't believe people are actually talking about flying from the EC and driving from CGY for 3 running chairs on a Whistler saturday...

I guess I can't say much tho, I'll be in the gondy line first thing with the rest of you freaks.
    My buddy flew in from TO last night, flight landed gone 12am in Vancouver, drove up and got to my place at 3:45am....

Trying to conjure the mental image of ULLR giving El Nino a vigorous "whose-your-daddy" grudge-pumping.

I suppose peyote would help...

Have fun killing it, W/B peeps.

And be mindful of the ridiculous wind- and snow-loading recently.
    Probably real tender in places.

Oh, and while you're up there, tell Seppo's O'M-B wants his ACL back...aw, never mind.

Enjoy Every Sandwich - Warren Zevon

Pretty heavy today, basically had to point them to get down the hill. Lower VD was some work. That said my first run down Paleface was money. And even though I promised my knee some rest I stayed up on the mountain until 2pm.

I'm gonna be up there tomorrow, sessions grey jacket, ANT, and yellow black diamond pack. Usual crew seems to be backing out until BComb opens. I'll have by beeper.

How high has the rain been touching?

All that snow and 3 lifts open????? Fuck, I was thinking of flying up and staying with my sister in North Van, but what is this 3 lift shit? I guess I need to wait a few weeks and fly in early December. Still, awesome early season dumpage.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    All that snow and 3 lifts open????? Fuck, I was thinking of flying up and staying with my sister in North Van, but what is this 3 lift shit? I guess I need to wait a few weeks and fly in early December. Still, awesome early season dumpage.
    it hasn't stopped snowing (more like on big blizzard with super high winds) for 2 weeks straight and there's another 2 ft in the forecast, so patrol hasn't done any AC work in the alpine other than what's needed to keep those 3 lifts spinning.

I guess I don't feel so bad knowing it's only been the low angle point and shoot.