Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1239
    right at the lights, straight on till night
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Today did not suck!

This spring is going to be awesome.
    i was in the singles line when peak opened and just before they dropped the rope i heard a guy shout "Hey Nadia.. be careful!" to a girl on first chair..

now i know why..

nice work way to send it.
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Well I was in the city and Dave called me from the lineup with his plan to see if I could film.
    Oh well. Dave has been killing it this year for sure.
    "Little Air Treadway" my ass.
    that footage would be priceless. lets hope we get another big dump and Dave sacks up for another jump.

Size 1.5 slide in Flute today (which did not suck). Skier triggered cornice failure.

Or as Mike D put it (who was first on scene), clueless whistler slackcountry user learns about cornices the hard way... Patrol was out dog sniffing for a bit, but the dude who took the ride was apparently OK.

== | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    Size 1.5 slide in Flute today (which did not suck). Skier triggered cornice failure.

Or as Mike D put it (who was first on scene), clueless whistler slackcountry user learns about cornices the hard way... Patrol was out dog sniffing for a bit, but the dude who took the ride was apparently OK.
    that footage would be priceless.

just hearing something of a slide on mt currie today with a fataility....no other info....fuck

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    just hearing something of a slide on mt currie today with a fataility....no other info....fuck
    yesterday there was talk of people heading up there today... I hope it's not who I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post

Latest from CTV (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...331?hub=Canada )
    ------------
    Date: Wednesday Mar. 31, 2010 9:13 PM ET

Police have confirmed that one man was killed when an avalanche struck the Pemberton, B.C., area Wednesday afternoon.

Two men and two women were heli-skiing on Mount Currie when they were struck by the class 3 avalanche around 2 p.m.

The victim, a Pemberton man in his 30s, was carried over several cliffs by the slide. He was dug out by his companions.

Search and rescue crews, along with Whistler and Pemberton RCMP, responded to the scene and evacuated the remains skiers.
    ----------
    Last edited by Van_skier; 03-31-2010 at 07:32 PM.

damn....

You will be missed bro! One of the many reasons I moved up here to pursue the dream.
    RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    You will be missed bro! One of the many reasons I moved up here to pursue the dream.
    RIP.
    fuck man, vibes to you and all who knew the guy Athan. Too much bad shit going on lately. This guy on Currie, Blurry gets smoked who knows how hard, my buddy gets a call yesterday morning just after a stellar top to bottom powder lap on Whistler that his college buddy was the guy that died on Mt Shasta last weekend. Fuck!!
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by GotamaRider View Post
    Did anybody see Treadway clear the entire Jordan from the top. It was the first time i saw somebody do that. Props.. It was sick. I didn't get my camera out in time.
    You mean the 60' back flip stuck clean to a 30' three? No pic, I just barely caught it with my own eyes. Definitely one of the sickest things I've ever seen, I hope it is documented somewhere.

Nads, that was fun to watch!
    Is it winter yet?

Wow, sucks about the avie on Currie, condolences to those involved.

Khyber, when did that slide happen? Hit the chute skier's right of the summit around 1:30, but I didn't notice that slide.

Well, there was still fun to be had inbounds today!

Bombhole to 6 or 7 ragdolls, but that was fun!
    Last edited by filthyfrenchbum; 04-01-2010 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein View Post
    fuck man, vibes to you and all who knew the guy Athan. Too much bad shit going on lately. This guy on Currie, Blurry gets smoked who knows how hard, my buddy gets a call yesterday morning just after a stellar top to bottom powder lap on Whistler that his college buddy was the guy that died on Mt Shasta last weekend. Fuck!!
    that's our buddy Tom (we're still waiting for recovery off of Shasta). We miss him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post

Fucking hell buddy, did your shipment of crazy pills come in this week?

Domanskis...fkna nice air.

Well, there was still fun to be had inbounds today!

BAM! that's rad!

I actually took the camera out for a few shots yesterday, nothing super spectacular like filthy's!

pat landing some windlip launcher

toby gets his waterfall huck on

unknown snowboarder on the waterfall

Well, there was still fun to be had inbounds today!!
    yeah dude, don't see that line getting hit very often... way to step it up!

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    POV to come though the ragdolls are a whiteout on impact.........s

Indeed. That is gnarly.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbb View Post
    POV to come though the ragdolls are a whiteout on impact.........s
    it would be cool to capture the tomahawk effect in full turbo mode on film... sky-snow-sky-snow-sky-snow-sky-snow-sky-snow... and having the time to wish it would just stop.

it would be cool to capture the tomahawk effect in full turbo mode on film... sky-snow-sky-snow-sky-snow-sky-snow-sky-snow... and having the time to wish it would just stop.
    Heh, I gotta say, tomahawking, when you know you're safe and not gonna get hurt, is a pretty fun feeling. Once I landed and cleared all the rocks (by less than I wanted), I just let loose and went for a smooth washing machine ride

Would anybody be driving up from Vancouver tomorrow afternoon or evening by any chance? I would contribute to gas and beer if you happened to have a seat.

Heh, I gotta say, tomahawking, when you know you're safe and not gonna get hurt, is a pretty fun feeling. Once I landed and cleared all the rocks (by less than I wanted), I just let loose and went for a smooth washing machine ride

Would anybody be driving up from Vancouver tomorrow afternoon or evening by any chance? I would contribute to gas and beer if you happened to have a seat.
    Heyo! Might actually be heading down to baker tomorrow to do some shoostage, still tentative though. If it does happen, will be coming back through Van -> Pemby sometime that night. Always down to give a lift.

I used to think so as well until I turbo tommyhawked and cracked my C6 a few yrs back. Not fun. Now I try to avoid the tommyhawk at all costs.

^ wise advice from a sage.