Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    just heard second hand rumor that Whistler patrol never got their big shipment of avy control explosives yet (supposed to arrive later in the week maybe?) so might be forced to close the goat path etc with all the new snow

^^^^^
    just a rumor, clownshoe pipes in below
    Last edited by PulverSchwein; 11-17-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein View Post
    just heard second hand rumor that Whistler patrol never got their big shipment of avy control explosives yet (supposed to arrive later in the week maybe?) so might be forced to close the goat path etc with all the new snow
    Hmm well that sucks...I was just gonna post up to find out if anyone knows if they might be opening more terrain if they can get in there and do the control by this weekend. The alpine most certainly has enough snow by now!

Given the forecast, and what's been falling, plus the high winds, the alpine will be closed up tighter than a nun's legs for quite some time.

snowing to the valley!

right at the lights, straight on till night
    holy 50 year storm Bodhi...
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

My legs are absolutely dead, but it looks like another day of storm skiing the pow pow today!

WB's weather system is showing winds hit 150 km on the Peak and 120 at the Roundhouse at about 4 AM!

Just waiting for the HN measurement, but looking at the Pig Alley data logger, it looks like we could pass 2 metre base today!!!!

PS Patrol has lots of bombs, don't worry about that. We just can't get past the roundhouse to use them until the storm backs off...

Avalanche hazard is through the roof right now. Please stay out of the avalanche closures!

Go get some! It's fucking ON!

Soooooooooo, the latest report has 55 inches fresh in the last 48 hours.

A cheap flight to Vancouver right now would be fucking mint.

well you guys are certainly having a good start to the season, 200cm base by nov 17th?!?!

POWDER ALERT!
    POWDER ALERT!
    40cm's fresh! Freezing level 1200 metres!!!
    70cm's last 24 hours!
    120 cm's last 36 hours!!!
    YYYEEEESSSS!!!!

Extreme Avalanche Hazard today! Be careful!

I HATE U ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stuck on the ice cost whit sunshine and +10 grass is still green!

teeehee, see you at the gondy!

For those lucky enough to be out there today, please take some pics.

There isn't even any sign of below freezing temps here, let alone 40cm of fresh.

2 more days of slavery and I'll be free to join the party, I'm just fucking twitching right now leaving for work. gaaaaaaaaaaa

yes, someone anyone take some pics
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Yeah, where are the fucking pictures?
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Slide on the Duffy Lake Road, closed for now! Crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein View Post
    2 more days of slavery and I'll be free to join the party, I'm just fucking twitching right now leaving for work. gaaaaaaaaaaa

yes, someone anyone take some pics
    rich please wear the slutty coloured jacket. I need more models for the POV camera article and testing.

What are the chances the Glacier or Peaks chairs will be open next weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    rich please wear the slutty coloured jacket. I need more models for the POV camera article and testing.
    absolutely Lee. You still got my cell? I have yours if it's same as last year. I think I'll be grabbing a room up there for Thurs night too so I caan pound a bunch of apres beers and collapse. Really hoping my bud from Kelowna can make it out. He hasn't skied WB in like 12 years!
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What are the chances the Glacier or Peaks chairs will be open next weekend?

You mean 21st - 22d? Or 28th - 29th? Groomers have been trying to put in the peak traverse already but conditions are uh difficult for them at present. As for Blackcomb, Horstman Hut is open and there's prep work going but there's no guarantees. American thanksgiving weekend is big for the mountains so they're trying but the long - range looks like a shit-ton more snow. Nice problem to have i guess

Yeah, I was thinking about the American Thanksgiving weekend (26-29). I must admit I'm tempted and I've got no major family obligations!

I'm tempted by this weekend? Any thoughts on what might be open? Worth a last minute flight in? Not sure I can swing it as no place to stay, but hey, gotta take advantage of this unemployment of mine... Hmm, I have an Alaska Air credit that needs to be used... Off to check the flights.
    He who has the most fun wins!

So the snow was silly deep this morning in some parts. Boarders stuck everywhere, flailing, I took a good faceplant jumping a creek at bottom of green, got some laughs from the chair.
    Small trees I was skiing 2 days ago in Chunky's are just gone! Vanished!
    But the blowdown I've never seen so bad, huge trees collapsing everywhere, across cat tracks. I heard some local boosted a lip into one of the closed runs only to find a tree laying across. Something about a collapsed lung, sounded pretty bad. Vibes...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    You mean 21st - 22d? Or 28th - 29th? Groomers have been trying to put in the peak traverse already but conditions are uh difficult for them at present. As for Blackcomb, Horstman Hut is open and there's prep work going but there's no guarantees. American thanksgiving weekend is big for the mountains so they're trying but the long - range looks like a shit-ton more snow. Nice problem to have i guess
    Lee, I'm heading up tomorrow (18th). Drop me a line if yr heading up.

For that matter, open invite for any mags wanting to get some. Please bring avi gear, it's freakin' deep out there.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

A shame the freezing level spiked last night, I'll admit I was flailing like a newb at times this morning....I'll take this as a first day any time though.....200cm base before the weekend!

Hmm Alaska Air wants $640rt. That is quite a lot of coin even with a bunch of vouchers...
    He who has the most fun wins!