Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1239
    On a brighter note... Some stoke from today?

Keep it safe boys and girls.

Happy April Fools.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    Heh, I gotta say, tomahawking, when you know you're safe and not gonna get hurt, is a pretty fun feeling. Once I landed and cleared all the rocks (by less than I wanted), I just let loose and went for a smooth washing machine ride
    Maybe I am getting old, but the tomahawk never feels fun. It almost always equal's severe soreness the next day...I try to avoid it.

its on again today... 25cm! high avy risk... be careful. although i doubt we'll see the alpine today. thats ok...its gonna be stinking busy anyhow.

POV stoke from throughout March

Skiers
    filthyfrenchbum
    todug
    skifree mike

Nice vid. That first cliff is absolutely bonkers !

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbb View Post
    POV stoke from throughout March

Skiers
    filthyfrenchbum
    todug
    skifree mike
    awesome! march was so killer, and april has started with a bang too!

clownshoes

POV stoke for sure.
    That front flip on the CBC pillow line was rad. There are a lot of trees coming up mighty quick on those landings.

Watch out for tree wells - a snowboarder was found dead in Khybers today:

http://www.vancouversun.com/Snowboar...061/story.html

RIP Erin. Saw the heli in the cutblock below Khybers today, pretty speechless when I found out why later on in the day.

^^I find it strange that the vancouver sun used a pic of me for that online-article.

Kybers, yesterday

RIP Erin (I just learned your name)
    My Pals, whom I could not think of more appropriate people to come across this scene, were the original brigade who dug him out and helped CPR. This wasn't a quick process, they showed up at 11:30 and we were finally reunited at 1:45.
    Upon leaving creekside, we ran into the guys who sat there FILMING the whole scene, offering no help. To which we replied "we should give them hell and get the film."
    We didn't, and the saddest part of it all was that my pal, one of the first on the scene, responded "it's weird that eventually the only thing I will be able to do about this is Forget."
    Anyways, we all ride for various reasons. We all make choices, whether it be consequential BC lines or sketchy handrails in the city. Some of us have proper training, others don't, and it doesn't seem that any amount of skill or training can prepare you for isolated incidents like this.
    Please take care, in bounds, out of bounds, wherever, remember: there are infinitely more lines tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    RIP Erin (I just learned your name)
    My Pals, whom I could not think of more appropriate people to come across this scene, were the original brigade who dug him out and helped CPR. This wasn't a quick process, they showed up at 11:30 and we were finally reunited at 1:45.
    Upon leaving creekside, we ran into the guys who sat there FILMING the whole scene, offering no help. To which we replied "we should give them hell and get the film."
    We didn't, and the saddest part of it all was that my pal, one of the first on the scene, responded "it's weird that eventually the only thing I will be able to do about this is Forget."
    Anyways, we all ride for various reasons. We all make choices, whether it be consequential BC lines or sketchy handrails in the city. Some of us have proper training, others don't, and it doesn't seem that any amount of skill or training can prepare you for isolated incidents like this.
    Please take care, in bounds, out of bounds, wherever, remember: there are infinitely more lines tomorrow.
    Schemeboat - I was on the scene yesterday as well. Kudos to your friends who delivered outstanding first aid. My friend Sarah and I are both trained lifeguards and helped with the cpr as well. everyone directly involved did as much as they could do to help this guy. They are heros. I didn't see anyone filming anything but in the heat of the moment i wasn't paying a lot of attention to much else other than the victim and other rescuers. what a shame on so many fronts.

RIP

^good work guys... not an easy task. Just curius how much time passed between when the victim went missing and when he was found?

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    ^good work guys... not an easy task. Just curius how much time passed between when the victim went missing and when he was found?
    not all that long. the first responders on the scene said they saw him moving as they were getting to him. i suppose an accurate timeline would be pretty impossible to determine.

rip

Quote Originally Posted by powderslayer View Post
    not all that long. the first responders on the scene said they saw him moving as they were getting to him. i suppose an accurate timeline would be pretty impossible to determine.

rip
    That sucks. I got hung upside down in a tree well at Solitude years ago and probably would not be here today if my friends hadn't been on the spot. I felt like I was drowning. Such an under rated hazzard we should all pay a lot more attention to. Keep an eye on your buddy!

RIP Erin

Yeah take it easy. I'm in the hospital now after tumbling 60 feet off a cliff on Blackcomb on Saturday. Forunate to have only a busted femur and shoulder. Lucky to be alive

Jim - wtf? why is everyone i know getting hurt? Glad you're alive

If anyone sees some Salomon Rockers with FKS on in the springtime melt around CBC/Glacier road, they are mine. Getting them back is only a bonus though.

It was a stupid move lee, last run of the day probably of my trip and I lined up what I thought was a chute that turned out to end in massive cliffs. Tumbled right off it. Pretty sobering experience.

Shall definately be dropping off a case of beer to BC patrol before I fly home, I owe them big time for their awesome work

Mofro sighting on Blackcomb today! Give me a shout if you want some ideas on a kiddie tour.

Bummer about your fall, Jim. Heal up quick. I'll keep an eye out for your ski. What area?

I'll keep my eyes open as well Jim. Shitty to hear about the fall, but better now than when you got here. Heal up dude.

^^ Yowsa, Jim, I think you have 8 lives left. Though it looks like that chute is possible. At least from this aerial vision.... A little above your marker, if you cut skier's left, you hit the chute with the waterfall which is the best exit outta there without mandatory air and without going far right into PC & Apocalypse (I think this is Washing Machine -- someone correct me here -- trying to orient brain to map). There might be some other lines out of there, but you basically hit those massive cliffs & yah ..

A lot of people getting injured right now or worse. Collective invincibility syndrome setting in?

Well, beautiful sleeper day today.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    If thats where I think it is, I had some troubles over there a few yrs ago myself. Chute pretty much closes out to big cliff. I was able to shut it down before going over the falls, but got a 5cm deep hole poked in my ass cheek from one of those punjy trees near the edge. I'll have a poke around there tomorrow, but theres more freaking snow on the way, so it may be too late.

What a weekend. Managed to ditch the hordes on Whistler by skiing epic pillowy p2p gondi lines to singing pass trail on Saturday.
    I'm guessing I skied Khybers within a half an hour of that poor guy's death on Sunday, around 10:30 am. Who knows, maybe I even saw him at the bootpack from the flat cliffs, as there were a ton of people there right around that time. RIP.

Jim, that's a shitty place to get stuck in. I ended up around there a few seasons ago looking for the chutes further down on the map and it was probably the most precarious situation I can remember being in while skiing.

For the first time this season, I'm sort of glad I have school work to do this week to rest up. Got 5 days in last week and went to all my classes

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    What a weekend. Managed to ditch the hordes on Whistler by skiing epic pillowy p2p gondi lines to singing pass trail on Saturday.
    I'm guessing I skied Khybers within a half an hour of that poor guy's death on Sunday, around 10:30 am. Who knows, maybe I even saw him at the bootpack from the flat cliffs, as there were a ton of people there right around that time. RIP.
    Yeah man, I've been thinking the exact same thing for the past few days.

Sunday = disgustingly good, minus the bad news.