Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Backcountry.com coupon code

Anyone have one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

It appears that as of 10/1, bc changed their coupon policy and previously working (and really good codes), now only work for a limited set of items.

c' le vie

Try 4J4-1-W68HA (expires tomorrow 11/6). Should be good for 20% on certain items. Good luck.
    Uno mas

Says it is invalid. Thanks, anyways.

this can't be good for their sales... i for one have now put off a significant purchase because the code i was going to use no longer works for the items i was going to purchase...

It could be a lot of things:

1) their suppliers demanding that they not discount this year's goods
    2) margins
    3) other

Its a bit disappointing, but we have to remember they are not running a charity.

Their loss was my local guys gain.

So that code Doremite quoted was the same one I received on a card inside my recent purchase. The card itself states it does not expire until 11/6, yet when I recently placed an order with it, listed an expiration of 11/4. I would suggest talking to one of the chat support people, as it is kinda false advertising in my opinion. They have always been pretty reasonable about these sorts of things.

That being said, I don't think it was working for me on skis, boots, bindings, poles, TNF gear, or Arcteryx gear.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    So that code Doremite quoted was the same one I received on a card inside my recent purchase. The card itself states it does not expire until 11/6, yet when I recently placed an order with it, listed an expiration of 11/4. I would suggest talking to one of the chat support people, as it is kinda false advertising in my opinion. They have always been pretty reasonable about these sorts of things.

That being said, I don't think it was working for me on skis, boots, bindings, poles, TNF gear, or Arcteryx gear.
    I have the card sitting in front of me at my desk and also reads "Offer Good Through 11.6.09"
    Uno mas

Backcountry code

4L0-1-M8Z8P

From my inbox. Not sure if it still works, but I haven't used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post

2) margins
    3) other

Its a bit disappointing, but we have to remember they are not running a charity.

Been a lot of dicussion about why these codes don't work, and a lot of people blame the gear companies not wanting their stuff discounted.

I was just wondering why would they care? They must get a set wholesale price for the stuff they sell to Backcountry and other retailers. Once they get paid this wholesale amount, why would they care what the retailers end up selling it for?
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by CANADASTEEP View Post
    4L0-1-M8Z8P

From my inbox. Not sure if it still works, but I haven't used it.
    Expired. That is from the original 20% off sale they emailed everyone about.

2) margins
    3) other

Sorry, mang...

The e-mail code expired but the one that was sent out in the mail should still be good. I'd call and let them know. I have a card/code at home, I'll post it up later tonight if you still need one.

pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Been a lot of dicussion about why these codes don't work, and a lot of people blame the gear companies not wanting their stuff discounted.

I was just wondering why would they care? They must get a set wholesale price for the stuff they sell to Backcountry and other retailers. Once they get paid this wholesale amount, why would they care what the retailers end up selling it for?
    Probably they do not want the brand cheapened.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I have the card sitting in front of me at my desk and also reads "Offer Good Through 11.6.09"
    Something is weird. I did two back to back purchases and got the same card above on each order. One said it expired 11/4 and the same exact code on the next card said it expired 11/6. Code was 4J4-1-W68HA.

Think BC.com messed up.

Did a third order for some socks and it worked before 11/4 but when I got the socks, did not get another discount card.

Least I took advantage while I could, saved hundreds.

In sum, no code currently works for Arc'Teryx gear. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

codes dont work on ski or snowboard hard goods, or black diamond, burton, northface, patagonia, mtn hardware, arcteryx...there are some other exemptions too.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Probably they do not want the brand cheapened.
    I think it's also to protect their smaller retailers that can not offer the discounts that a large-volume retailer can. I know I am more likely to buy from my local shop now that bc.com does not offer as many discount codes.
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

We're mountain people. This is what we do, this is how we live. -D.C.

I had a postcard from bc.com that said coupon 4J4-1-W68HA was valid through 11.6.09, and they honored it when I called them today.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    I had a postcard from bc.com that said coupon 4J4-1-W68HA was valid through 11.6.09, and they honored it when I called them today.
    honored it on what though? the codes still work, just not for most of the stuff we at tgr are in the market for.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Just got an email from them, looks like they are running a 25% off promotion on BD gear. Looks like skins, shovels, and probes are on there:

http://www.backcountry.com/store/pro...ep_rid=2897843

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    honored it on what though? the codes still work, just not for most of the stuff we at tgr are in the market for.
    Too funny. "We" means what Kimo Sabe? A lot of "us" people here (y'know, on TGR) like Montbell stuff, and the code was honored on a Montbell jacket I bought. If you're talking ski equip or avie gear, then no, the code specifically excludes it.

You can alway send a PM to Rontele. He is our...

Wait, doesn't look like that is going to work this time.

I am not aware of any code that is working right now. I scored 20% off of a POV 1.5 a few weeks back. Not the best deal to be had but I dig the return policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.